Poll: How do you say "NES/SNES"?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: How do you say "NES/SNES"?

• "Nes" ("ness") and "Snes" (snezz)
    • I spell it out. ("N-E-S" and "S-N-E-S"
    • I say the company name ("Nintendo" and "Super Nintendo"
    • "Nintendo" and "Super"
    • Other (specify)

Anya and I are arguing over this, at least for most NAers. I've always said "Nintendo" or "N-E-S." She says "Ness" and "Snezz." She swears up and down she's right and I'm crazy or something. I've only heard Brits say it. What do you say?

Guest Smues

Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N-E-S and S-N-E-S are how I've always said them, and I don't think I've ever heard someone call them ness or sness.

Guest Queen Leelee

I've only heard N.E.S and S.N.E.S.

They're abbreviations, so that's correct. It would be like someone saying "Psss2".

"P.S.2." doesn't make up a funny word so of course I wouldn't say that. I say "P.S.X." or any other acronym that doesn't sound good as a word. NES isn't supposed to be "correct", it's just slang.

I've never ever heard anyone actually pronounce out NES as "ness". Ever in my life.

Usually I hear people just calling it "Nintendo" and "Super Nintendo". I've heard N-E-S also, but never really heard S-N-E-S

I am honestly surprised. I always say "NES" and everyone I know says it. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "N.E.S" out loud!

I've heard brits and this guy use "ness":

He talks about Devil's Crush up until like 2:30 when he starts bitching about "ness" and how much he hates it.

Regular Nintendo and Super Nintendo

I say "regular nintendo" sometimes too.

Forgot about that one. "Nintendo" I'd say would be probably more common among NES kids. I'm actually more of a 16-bit child myself (only getting to play Nintendo over at my cousins until early 90s when I got the 16-bit consoles), so I don't have the same attachment to just saying "Nintendo."

I call the NES "N-E-S" and the SNES "Super Nintendo (Chalmers)". I used to use "Regular Nintendo" for the NES, back when both systems were active.

No, this cannot be. Aaaaaauuuuuuugh!

But when I hear "nes" I can only think of this guy:

ness_ssbm.jpg

Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N-E-S and S-N-E-S are how I've always said them, and I don't think I've ever heard someone call them ness or sness.

Any time I've heard someone say it that way they sounded like an idiot. And by that, I mean the one guy I've ever heard say it like that was a dumb, smelly git that no one liked.

"Nes" and "S-Nes".

There is a definite European-type people/"Snezz" connection though.

Fuckin' madmen being forged over there.

I call the NES "N-E-S" and the SNES "Super Nintendo (Chalmers)". I used to use "Regular Nintendo" for the NES, back when both systems were active.

I,and almost everyone i can ever remeber, have always said "Nintendo" and "Super Nintendo" and i personally usually add the Chalmers too,good times with the Simpsons

"Nes" and "S-Nes".

There is a definite European-type people/"Snezz" connection though.

They also seem to be the ones most likely to say "Ninty" and "Shiggy."

Guest Richard McBeef

I used to say Regular Nintendo and Super Nintendo as I was growing up, but when I made the switch to emulators like five years ago, I started saying NES and SNES. Weird.

Im with Anya and am really suprised people have never called it "nezz", ive always called it that. Same goes for "snezz".

But i have had a few people come into work and ask for games for the "nintendo" which forces the question, "what nintendo console?" Some people have done it with Sega too.