43.Chris B.Young

44.Andruw Jones

45.Mark Teixeira

46.Francisco Liriano

47.Prince Fielder

48.Jimmy Rollins

49.Justin Verlander

50.B.J. Upton

Honorable Mention: Carl Crawford, Stephen Drew, Curtis Granderson, Carlos Guillen, Rich Harden, Ian Kinsler, Derrek Lee, Evan Longoria, Russell Martin, Jonathon Papelbon, Aramis Ramirez, Justin Upton, Dontrelle Willis

sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/05/07/bp.ufd.first/index.html?cnn=yes

Guest Queen Leelee

DICE~K ahead of Halladay, Oswalt, Zambrano... lolz.

And I'd take Kinsler far ahead of the non-walk machines Kendrick and Cano. Cano that high is silly.

Also, Alexander not as the highest ranked 3B is sacrilege. I know, up to 6 years down the road. He'll only be 37 by then. Dude will still be overall the best player in baseball for a few more years.

I'm tired of people talking about Roy O's declining K rate. He's a contact pitcher. He hardly ever walks anybody and most of his strikeouts come with runners in scoring position. And I don't trust any list that don't include JJ Hardy. He's a stud.

Carlos Guillen is in the honorable mentions. That's all I need to say. I won't even mention what I feel to be the most obvious omission. I know that one other person will, if they happen to post in this thread.

If you are starting a team, and Carlos Guillen is one of the first two players you pick...

You will have a team with no fans.

I think his past injury problems hurt Hardy.

Oswalt's walks are up this year. I still think he's a great pitcher, and would be on my list of pitchers under 30 who could win 300 games.

His walks are mainly up because of that one game in Philly where he walked 6 and gave up 6 ER in 6 innings. Take that start out, and he has 13 BB in 57 innings and an ERA of around 2.00. I don't know if he'll get to 300. He's got 6 yrs. left on his current deal to get 107 more wins. After his current deal's up, I'm pretty sure he'll retire even if he's short of 300; Roy doesn't strike me as a guy that interested in personal milestones. I'm also surprised that Adam Dunn's not on the list. For all his strikeouts, his walks, homers, and RBI numbers are comprable to pretty much anyone on the list.

And I'd take Kinsler far ahead of the non-walk machines Kendrick and Cano. Cano that high is silly.

Also, Alexander not as the highest ranked 3B is sacrilege. I know, up to 6 years down the road. He'll only be 37 by then. Dude will still be overall the best player in baseball for a few more years.

I'd take Kendrick over Kinsler. Kendrick batted .361 in his minor league career. He does not draw many walks, but unlike Cano his plate discipline is still good. And he's two years younger.

Carlos Guillen is in the honorable mentions. That's all I need to say. I won't even mention what I feel to be the most obvious omission. I know that one other person will, if they happen to post in this thread.

If you are starting a team, and Carlos Guillen is one of the first two players you pick...

i think some tiger fans would disagree. but thats ok.

Guest George's Box

I'm sorry, but the fact that one of the BP guys is a tranny is still hard for me to understand.

Guest Queen Leelee

I'd take Kendrick over Kinsler. Kendrick batted .361 in his minor league career. He does not draw many walks, but unlike Cano his plate discipline is still good. And he's two years younger.

I know most are high on Kendrick. And he's definitely a talented hitter. A doubles machine. But, will he continue to hit .350 in the majors? Because that's the only way he'll live up to the hype he's getting.

One team already has #4 and #6 and both will be gone within the six year period this covers. Sigh.

But Hanley at #6!!!

It seems like they're going by last year's stats, which is understandable. But then Dice-K comes in at 19 & it loses any credibility an SI list could possibly have.

It seems like they're going by last year's stats, which is understandable. But then Dice-K comes in at 19 & it loses any credibility an SI list could possibly have.

They translate his Japanese league stats.

I think Carlos Guillen is a very good player, and I like him. But there is no way I would pick him that soon at his age.

Guest Smues
I'm sorry, but the fact that one of the BP guys is a tranny is still hard for me to understand.

What does that matter? He/she loves baseball and knows his/her stuff, so that's all that matters. It's not like Sean Shannon works for BP, now that might be scary.

Guest Queen Leelee

Well, at least we expect that sexism will remain rampant for a long time.

I think Carlos Guillen is a very good player, and I like him. But there is no way I would pick him that soon at his age.

i suppose thats true. i agree with his placement. not in the top 50. but he's close to an allstar in the al.

Guest Queen Leelee

At SS? Guillen makes Jeter look like a Gold Glove. At 1B, where he really should be going soon, he'll have zero chance of All-Star status. He's a very fine hitter, though.

Guest Queen Leelee

Jeter has always been on the upper end of fielding percentage. Range is his weakness.

Sizemore is six years younger, plays Gold Glove caliber defense at a crucial defensive position, and has speed on top of a great approach at the plate. I'd consider him to be a Top 3 entry in a list like this, in my opinion.

I was thinking this was going to be like..young players who you'd build a franchise around and I was thinking from the Os Erik Bedard and Nick Markakis but I guess thats not exactly it..

Evan Longoria

I cant be the only one that saw Eva Longoria there and went WTF?

and according to the new SI, Grady Sizemore is the reincarnation of Jesus Christ if he played baseball..I was reading it in the dentist office today waiting..made me want to throw up or something.

BETTER PLAY EM DEEP GRADY SIZEMORE!

take that..