TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bcu1979

(Observer) Austin/Triple H/Rock/Kliq

Guest bcu1979

Lots of interesting notes on the whole Austin blow-up in the latest Wrestling Observer.

Austin left the building in Atlanta before Vince or any of the wrestlers showed up after refusing his angle with Lesnar. Austin's feeling was that it was way too soon for him to work with Lesnar and that it should be built up for months. Not given away on free tv with just two hours of buildup.

Austin privately felt the company was going to collapse when the NWO came in and wanted nothing to do with them. Part of the reason Austin quit the first time was over Scott Hall and his unhappiness with working with the NWO. His comments when he returned about nor having a problem with them was just because he had to work with them again.

Many wrestlers (including Austin's friends) agree with him about the Lesnar situation and his feelings on the creative team. But they didn't agree with him leaving without even trying to work out the problem with Vince. The feeling is that he has lost a lot of respect and if he does come back, he would have to be punished because of his actions.

There were reports among the wrestlers that Austin and Vince had a huge blow up in a phone conversation on Sunday night.

Austin was also said to felt disrespected by Vince over Hogan being pushed as the all-time icon when Austin made Vince more money.

Meltzer also brings up the comparisons between Austin today and Bret Hart in 1997 and he thinks Hart's situation may have been on Austin's mind when he bailed.

Few wrestlers were aware of Shawn Michaels comments beforehand and there was major heat among the wrestlers over his comments on Rock and Austin. It was retaliation over Rock's "outing" of Triple H in some interviews as being jealous and trying to hold him back.

Rock has agreed to work some television shows during the summer and there was even talk of flying him in for some Smackdown's while Helldorado is shooting. But since the film is shooting in Hawaii that is unlikely. Meltzer feels Rock will be back shortly though because of all that has transpired.

There were talks of turning Undertaker face since he was getting cheered over RVD at some house shows.

X-Pac was supposed to wrestle Jeff Hardy on Heat (in addition to the 6 man on RAW) and the ending would be Hardy laying him out. X-Pac whined about his neck injury and felt that this was retaliation by Michael Hayes for cutting off his hair since Michael Hayes books Heat. The plans were scapped and some see this as Nash's camp getting their way yet again.

And in one final note, Meltzer believes there's an 80% chance that the Hogan/Triple H main event is the lowest rated main event in Smackdown history.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

"There were talks of turning Undertaker face since he was getting cheered over RVD at some house shows. "

I bet they were in the south.

rednecks can't learn nothing.

"And in one final note, Meltzer believes there's an 80% chance that the Hogan/Triple H main event is the lowest rated main event in Smackdown history. "

Excuse me while I die of shock.

Guest Austin3164life

Damn, Austin had the whole Montreal deal on his mind before he left (or so reported).  Somehow, for Vince, it always takes a great big failure for him to finally succeed in something.  Austin and Rock should just come back and have a shoot-fight with Triple H and Shawn Michaels.  Either that or Austin, Foley, and Bret can create a new federation......

Guest bcu1979
Damn, Austin had the whole Montreal deal on his mind before he left (or so reported).  Somehow, for Vince, it always takes a great big failure for him to finally succeed in something.  Austin and Rock should just come back and have a shoot-fight with Triple H and Shawn Michaels.  Either that or Austin, Foley, and Bret can create a new federation......

Meltzer was just speculating that it could be a possibility since he had mentioned the similarities between the two situations. Austin's walk-out was something that had been building up for months. Just like Bret and Vince's relationship deteriorated over the course of time.

I don't know about a shoot match but they should just turn Confidential into a shoot interview show and let someone different go on each week and say what they really think about everyone in the WWE. Why not? The backstage politics have become far more interesting than the television product.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
It's WCW all over again.

Or 1995.  The Clique is the worst thing to ever happen to wrestling.

Well with the way people are nowadays if it wasn't Michaels, HHH, Hall, Nash and X-Pac it would be some other bunch of assholes.  I personally believe the one guy who can destroy the Kliq (outside of Vince if he grew balls) is the Rock.  All he has to do is call someone and setup a interview with E! or something and bam, everything is out in the open and people will BELIEVE the Rock in my opinon.  And wrestling fans would watch to just to see what the Rock had to say and when he laid it all out about what the Kliq has done I believe that would sour anybody.

Guest Brian

But if that doesn't work for rock, he's burned a valuable bridge. The WWE fans will always be there for him. I doubt people realize this, but he always has this fallback and this live connection with fans that Hollywood doesn't offer, and it's a very large group of potential movie-goers.

Guest Risk

I'm thinking that McMahon will forgive Rock for a lot.  Rock could burn two bridges and McMahon would build him a new one.  The Rock is the best chance Vince has of always staying in the mainstream.  Rock really should "out" the Kliq.

He can do this because he has "no chance in hell" of getting fired.

Rock should give at least one interview where he shoots on the Kliq.  Not only would it make a lot of other wrestlers (as well as smarks) happy, but it would force Vince to choose between him and the Kliq.  And since Rock is Vince's top mainstream star right now, he's gonna come out on top.  The kliq can take potshots at Rock on tv all they want, but they know they can't touch him.

Guest RickyChosyu

"There were reports among the wrestlers that Austin and Vince had a huge blow up in a phone conversation on Sunday night."

This is the most interesting part to me, because on Confidential (which I wasn't expecting a totally unbiased report from) Vince said that durring their phone conversation, they worked out a plan and Steve simply said "alright" and hung up. Someone is lying here, that's for sure.

As for Rock and the Kliq, I doubt there's any way to "destory" them. Heat has existed between him and Hunter/Shawn since Rock's early days, and the fact that Rock had the balls to accuse HHH of holding him back probably pissed them off a great deal. However, that coment went right over the fans' heads and I think it's pointless to make a big deal out of it. If the past is any indication, Shawn will self-destruct and end up being sent home again, and HHH will just go back to his usual act.

Guest Anglesault

If not the Rock outing them on TV, the only other person who I can see seriously denting the Kliq is Undertaker.

Guest bcu1979
If not the Rock outing them on TV, the only other person who I can see seriously denting the Kliq is Undertaker.

Could the Undertaker do something about the Kliq? Maybe.

Will he? Let's see...

Who was the first person Kevin Nash started kissing up to when he came back?  Who's the current champion despite being well past his prime?   Who's the only person to get a clean pinfall victory over Triple H in 2 years? Who gave Triple H's relationship with Stephanie the locker room's blessing?

As for Rock, I think he does have the power to stand up to the Kliq in some degree. And I hope when he does come back for the summer he stands up to some of the crap going on. I don't see Rock doing a "shoot" interview on how the Kliq is destroying the WWE. But I have no doubt that if Rock was doing a media tour for some movie and made a comment about not wanting to go back to the WWE because it's not fun anymore it would be the lead story on ET and Access Hollywood. And that's certainly not the kind of publicity Vince needs or wants right now.

If the Kliq pushes too far, I would not be suprised to see Rock tell the Kliq and Vince that they can all kiss his ass. Even if his movie career dries up in a year or two, he'll still have made millions and no doubt would still have plenty of offers for tv roles. He doesn't have to put up with their crap anymore.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I think the Clique and the Rock should keep each other in check because the Rock might not seem like he has an ego now, but if he goes unchecked, he could become worse than the Clique.

Guest RickyChosyu
I think the Clique and the Rock should keep each other in check because the Rock might not seem like he has an ego now, but if he goes unchecked, he could become worse than the Clique.

When has he appeared to be anywhere close becoming like them? Despite all the shit he's put up with from them (Shawn and Trips gave him trouble from the begining) the only thing he's done in retaliation is say that "someone" has a problem with him and may be trying to hold him back. That's hardly a declaration of war on the kliq. Rock did plenty of jobs for HHH (many at the hands of Shawn Michaels, in storyline terms) and never once did I hear of him being unhappy to do it or angered that HHH was getting pushed so high up the ladder (despite their past).

I dunno, the more I watch wrestling, the more I hope Rock just does the sensible thing and gets the F out.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
I dunno, the more I watch wrestling, the more I hope Rock just does the sensible thing and gets the F out.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Guest Vyce

I agree.

It's funny.....I never much liked the Rock as a wrestler.

But now that he's doing acting, I find that I like the Rock fine.  And I look back at the Rock's career, and I realize that he did some good things.....such as job for people who deserved it (i.e. Jericho, Angle, others), and generally stay above backstage politics....and I just feel compassion for the guy.  He seems to be a "nice guy", or as nice as one can be in the business.

So get out, Rocky, you're better off in Hollywood.  That place actually looks LESS cutthroat.

Guest Human Fly

Vince's blind devotion to the Kilq is what astounds me the most. Look at it: Kevin Nash - Broken down, lousy wrestler. HBK - May never wrestle again, and his prime years were about 5 years ago. X-Pac - Injuries have taken a major toll on him, and he is now a dead zone for heat. Scott Hall - Already gone. HHH - He is the closest thing to a draw out of the bunch and he's coasting on a good year 2000 and sleeping with the bosses daughter. So you have 3 broken down wrestlers/former wrestlers, 1 Drunk, and HHH.

Guest Austin3164life

That's what I was hoping for Austin, and looks like he has.  It would be extremely controversial if The Rock (possibly accompanied by Austin) went on E! and took shots at the Clique.  You have two huge wrestling celebreties who have legions of fans (The Clique barely has any), and then Vince will realize (hopefully) that the clique caused(s) a whole lot of shit in his locker room.  You know the other stars would be happy if Austin and/or Rocky took huge shots at the Clique.  Plus, you know the Clique can't say shit if that happens.  We'll see.  I wonder if Austin or The Rock will come out and take huge shots at the Clique/WWE......

Guest Dangerous A

Um, you guys do know Shawn's comments were scripted.

They are giving him, as part of his gimmick, shoot comments for his promos. They are being directed towards the internet fans. I just heard it on WOL.

That's great. A gimmick where only 5% of the fans get what he is saying and that 5% know it's a work and not real. Just awesome.(kidding)

Shows you Russocity is alive and in full effect.

Guest RickyChosyu
Um, you guys do know Shawn's comments were scripted.

They are giving him, as part of his gimmick, shoot comments for his promos. They are being directed towards the internet fans. I just heard it on WOL.

That's great. A gimmick where only 5% of the fans get what he is saying and that 5% know it's a work and not real. Just awesome.(kidding)

Shows you Russocity is alive and in full effect.

Remember when Golberg went on Thunder and told everyone "Bischoff made me be a heel" and no one got it? Remember when Russo went on Pay Per View trashing Hogan for refusing to job, and the fans booed him?

How sad is it when THAT angle is being more or less coppied in an attempt to get a total has-been over? I can see it now! Rock Vs. Michaels! Rock goes for the Rock Bottom, but Shawn just pulls away and walks off! JR will mutter some vague references about the "script" being broken and Vince'll run-out all panicky as if Michaels is shooting! Smell the ratings!!