TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ROH: Reborn Again (5/11-CT) and Respect is Earned (NYC-5/12-PPV)

5/11 results in Hartford (on-going)

~Nigel is not wrestling tonight due to a back injury.

BJ Whitmer came out and asked to be Morishima's partner. Briscoes confront him and tell him he's not a friend to them anymore and attack him...Morishima made the save.

1) JIMMY RAVE over PELLE PRIMEAU via submission with the "Heel Hook."

2) DAIZEE HAZE over NIKKI ROXX

3) KEVIN STEEN & EL GENERICO over JASON BLADE & EDDIE EDWARDS

4) CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI (with short haircut) over BOBBY FISH

~The Final Countdown hit and Danielson came out with the Jedi Robe on...

...but it's actually SHANE HAGADORN and he was soon joined by ADAM PEARCE. Pearce goes on to say that he's going to give the fans a DREAM MATCH...Danielson v. Hagadorn!

5) BRYAN DANIELSON over SHANE HAGADORN via tap out

(5a) BRYAN DANIELSON over ADAM PEARCE via tap out

~The NO REMORSE CORPS confronted Danielson after the match. Roderick Strong invites him to join the NRC. Danielson says "NO!" and gets jumped. Erick Stevens and Matt Cross make the save and a 6-man tag is on!

6) THE NO REMORSE CORPS of RODERICK STRONG, DAVEY RICHARDS, and ROCKY ROMERO over BRYAN DANIELSON, and THE RESILIENCE of ERICK STEVENS and MATT CROSS when Richards pinned Cross.

7) TANK TOLAND OVER MITCH FRANKLIN

8) NAOMICHI MARUFUJI OVER MATT SYDAL

9) KENTA over Delirious via G2S

10) ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE BRISCOES OVER BJ WHITMER & ROH WORLD CHAMPION TAKESHI MORISHIMA

Respect is Earned (NYC 5/12-PPV Taping)

No matches announced.

Hope Nigel's injury isn't serious, any idea when it happened?

Apprently it's sore and he's being saved for a big match tomorrow night. Crowd attendence is said to be around 400. Not good but ROH has been jerked around from venue to venue in the CT area (in Hartford tonight).

Hope Nigel's injury isn't serious, any idea when it happened?

Apprently it's sore and he's being saved for a big match tomorrow night. Crowd attendence is said to be around 400. Not good but ROH has been jerked around from venue to venue in the CT area (in Hartford tonight).

Honestly though, compared to other indy promotions in the area, ROH does a shit job promoting their shows here in CT. Other indy promoters blanket all the major metropolitan areas with their fliers, and buy ad space from the local cable companies during WWE and TNA. Northeast Wrestling regularly draws crowds of 1000+, even when they don't have big stars appearing. If you didn't actively seek out ROH and find out that they were running a show in Hartford, you'd never know.

Wait, Tank Toland is in ROH? As in, one half of The Dicks? How does he fit in there?

He's paired with Larry Sweeney and Chris Hero. He is a good mid-card act as a roid monkey personal trainer. He mostly beats up students and provides the enforcer role for Sweeney.

Wait, Tank Toland is in ROH? As in, one half of The Dicks? How does he fit in there?

He's paired with Larry Sweeney and Chris Hero. He is a good mid-card act as a roid monkey personal trainer. He mostly beats up students and provides the enforcer role for Sweeney.

Any guesses as to what matches could take place tonight?

That's likely being saved for the Japan shows. Although, I could see it happening tonight. I'd expect Nigel-Morishima rematch and Richards-Danielson. Maybe KENTA/Fuji-Briscoes as well.

Mixed reviews over at the RoH boards. Sounds like the matches were solid enough, but alot of fans were upset that B.J. Whitmer was inserted in the main event instead of Bryan Danielson.

That whole altercation between Bryan Danielson and the No Remorse Corps seems a little odd to me. I can't help but feel that they threw it together at the last minute.

Should I post the results as they're reported on the RoH boards?

I suppose anyone who checks this thread would expect to see results.

The opening match is DVD exclusive.

1. Brent Albright vs Tank Toland w/Sweeney and Bobby Dempsey

- Albright receives a monster pop and wins with a half nelson suplex.

2. Out to kick off the PPV is BJ Whitmer and Dave Prazak. BJ lays down an open challenge which is accepted by MORISHIMA and the belt will be on the line and THE MATCH IS NOW.

- Morishima defeats BJ with a backdrop driver and now NIGEL is out and so is DANIELSON who wants a title shot TONIGHT. Dragon and Mori attack Nigel. Dragon holds the belt before Mori takes it back and leaves.

3. Rocky Romero vs Marfuji

- Rocky is sporting new NRC tights. Maru wins with the Shiranui. Really good, tons of nearfalls.

4. Nigel back out and he calls out Mori and Dragon. They come out and beat down Nigel until KENTA makes the save. Nigel and Kenta vs Mori and AmDrag later tonight.

5. Davey Richards vs Erick Stevens

- a fan just got kicked out for throwing beer on Davey. Davey wins via keylock submission.

6. The Briscoes vs Claudio and Matt Sydal (partner of CC's choosing) Titles on the line

- Briscoes retain. DP and Lenny Leonard do a hard sell for the live events and are interrupted by Steen and Generico who ask when they're getting their title shot. Briscoes say come get it and a crazy brawl breaks out. Officials and students break it up and Steen and Generico beat up the students and they all brawl to the back.

8. HOMICIDE is out to F*CK TNA and PLEASE DON'T GO chants. Farewell speech and puts over the locker room, the office and the fans.

Intermission. August 25th return date is announced.

9. Sara Del Rey vs Daizee Haze

- Sara wins.

10. Tag Team Sramble Match - Pelle Primeau/Mitch Franklin vs Irish Airborne vs Steen/Generico vs Rave/Pearce

- Steen and Generico win after Steen hits a package piledrive on Dave Crist.

11. Announced as a PPV match - Delirious vs Roderick Strong

- the FIP title is NOT on the line. Roddy wins with a Gibson driver. After the match the NRC come out and beat down Delirious. Strong hits another driver on Delirious on a guardrail set up between the ring and the barrier. Stevens comes out, runs off NRC and carries Delirious to the back.

12. Main Event - Morishima and Bryan Danielson vs KENTA and Nigel McGuiness

- Dragon and Mori win after KENTA taps to the Cattle Mutilation. Looks like Nigel may have hurt his arm. After the match, Mori layed out both Nigel AND Dragon with the belt then left. Nigel is helped out of the ring and the Final Countdown plays to end the show.

They did a great job of putting over Morishima as the unstoppable bad ass champion. Delirious/Strong was said to be bad but I think the main event, Romero/Marufuji, Briscoes-CC+Sydal can deliver. We know the opener, tag team scramble and probably the SHIMMER match won't make the cut.

I was up since 6 am, took 2 classes, was dying from allergies, sore from work the night before, and was in serious pain from an empty stomach so i didnt enjoy the show as much as i could have but it was still pretty good. i think the mysterious card had everyone with ridiculous high hopes and left a lot of them dissapointed when they got something else. Not sure if they should do this Unscripted type of show anymore but it didnt bother me. The crowd definitely didnt seem as hot as they did for other NYC shows though. I marked the fuck out when Homicide's music started playing. I forgot all about my pain and was all smiles for those 10 minutes.

marufuji is the fucking man. main event was damn good..but yeah roddy vs delirious kinda sucked. i fell asleep during that one.

a lot of guys had new entrance music...i thought that was kinda weird. anyway i need something to eat and i def need sleep.

a lot of guys had new entrance music...i thought that was kinda weird. anyway i need something to eat and i def need sleep.

Probably had to replace any music they couldn't get the right to use on the pay-per-view.

Hopefully, they won't make a habit out of not announcing the card for the pay-per-view shows.

Yeah, the whole idea of 'impromptu' matches goes against what ROH should be. Impromptu matches booked simply because people come to the ring and demand them is what RAW is for. That's not (or shouldn't be) ROH booking. Also, not a fan of people working twice a night (or three times in Danielson's case). It just makes it seem like they're making up for a lack of workers, even if they're not.

The card itself looks decent, after seeing the 5/11 one I was a little worried because there's about five or six students/ROHVideo level workers on there putting over the regulars. It's just the whole impromptu booking and the idea of people working twice/three times for no evident reason.

I was wondering about the entrance themes. Anyone know which ones got replaced?

Sounds like Danielson's is intact. What about Delirious, Strong, and the Briscoes?

Danielson has a cover of Final Countdown. It was pretty clear to me that it wasn't the original version we have gotten used to.

Dames