TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

Knocked Up

Saw it a week ago. Funniest movie I've seen this year, and it will be hard to beat this one. Definately one of my favorite movies of the year so far.

I don't feel like going to see this. I can't imagine that I'd like it as much as the rest of you guys, since the promos left me really underwhelmed. Like Slayer says, this premise has about five minutes of life to it, not more than two hours. No good comedy should exceed two hours.

See the movie and form your own opinion, dickhead.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

This was pretty funny. I enjoyed it because having children is my worst nightmare, and I could see the misfortune of others. Harold Ramis is fucking fat.

This looks like something I will enjoy watching, although I am unsure of the British release date. The 40 Year Old Virgin was brilliant.

Haha, dickhead... you tell 'em, Detox!

I'm waiting until it comes out on DVD

Czech did come off as a dick there, since he really doesn't know what he's talking about

Just saw a copy of the film, it's hillarious. I'm going to see it at the London Open Cinema screening in London in August too.

Haha, dickhead... you tell 'em, Detox!

I'm waiting until it comes out on DVD

Czech did come off as a dick there, since he really doesn't know what he's talking about

And he doesn't have to post that he's NOT going to see it. Seemed like a way to just be antagonistic for the hell of it.

Guest Vitamin X

He didn't form an opinion of it, he just said the premise along with the promos left him underwhelmed. What's so wrong about saying that?

I think I liked Hot Fuzz a lot more than this, though. It's been a while since I saw Knocked Up, and I've found a lot of it to be kind of forgettable.

It's funny that someone mentioned the first episode of freaks and geeks as I decided to download a few episodes of it (being that I'd never heard it and it never reached our shores as far as I'm aware) and I actually foud Seth Rogen to be one of the stand outs in the episode. I would have never put him down as a leading man, but he definatly should prospect.

This film has also lead to me to see what undeclared is like as, just with Freaks and Geeks, it never reached our Great British shores. Whats it like?

I like Undeclared more than Freaks & Geeks, probably because I watched both in my first year of college so I could relate to Undeclared more. Jay Baruchel is perfect as a super awkward college guy, Seth Rogen goes COMPLETELY against his type and plays a smart dude whose favorite movie is You've Got Mail, and Jason Segel plays an extremely obsessive boyfriend. It's tremendous.

Undeclared is amazing, and it perfectly captures a lot of what college is like. And Jenna Fischer is in two episodes

I like Undeclared and own the complete series on DVD. But something about it holds me back from loving it like I love Freaks and Geeks. And I can't quite place my finger on it.

"I like Undeclared and own the complete series on DVD. But something about it holds me back from loving it like I love Freaks and Geeks. And I can't quite place my finger on it."

I like both shows but "Undeclared" is more lightweight and slapstick than "Freaks and Geeks." While there both very funny, I find "Freaks and Geeks" to be more enjoyable overall.

Yeah, that's probably it. I also felt at times they tried a bit too hard to make Marshall "a memorably wacky character". He felt a bit forced at times. I don't dislike him but he's just kind of there most of the time. But I guess they needed a wacky guy.

The one ep I remember of Undeclared had one of the characters (I think it might be the same actor as the bearded guy in Knocked Up, but he really reminds me of the dude who played Shaggy during Jay's trip in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back) get a Japanese girlfriend who didn't speak any English, so they had these translator devices that the girl's father built and got rich off of. It was hilarious.

I was kind of late in seeing this, but I finally did. Hilarious. What more needs to be said. I actually think it was better then 40-year old virgin.

The biggest laugh from the theater when I saw it was when he was on the phone with the girl after they'd hooked up once and he thought he was calling her to do it again...so you have 4 guys standing around air humping and acting like asses

The one ep I remember of Undeclared had one of the characters (I think it might be the same actor as the bearded guy in Knocked Up, but he really reminds me of the dude who played Shaggy during Jay's trip in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back) get a Japanese girlfriend who didn't speak any English, so they had these translator devices that the girl's father built and got rich off of. It was hilarious.

No, that was Marshall, who was a regular. I believe it was the second to last episode.

Martin Starr (the bearded guy in KU) was in one episode. He was Steven's friend from home who visited him at school.

The biggest laugh from the theater when I saw it was when he was on the phone with the girl after they'd hooked up once and he thought he was calling her to do it again...so you have 4 guys standing around air humping and acting like asses

The best thing about that is how it escalated from a few kissy noises to full blown analingus simulation.