TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dobbs 3K

Rev. Jerry Falwell

They say that if you have nothing good to say about someone you shouldn't say anything at all.

Hope you enjoy burning in Hell, Jerry.

Far as I'm concerned, that is a good and deserved response.

As an atheist, I almost wish there was a god so Fallwell could get what he deserves.

Alas, I think he'll just be rotting in a box instead of "hell".

I-just can't get upset about this, since I always hated the fucker.

Well, I strongly disagree with his fundamentalist opinions, but at least he didn't promote violence like say Osama Bin Laden, so whatever. Now trying to convince the left that Osama and his ilk are much worse then people like Falwell, Robertson, and Phelps, who are a different type of crazy, that's another story.

The world is always going to be full of nut jobs, there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Is it sad that I consider this to be good news? The world is a better place now.

And spman, who are these "left" who think that Falwell, Phelps, etc are worse than the Bin Ladens of the world? I don't know anyone who thinks that, including anyone on the left?

Is it sad that I consider this to be good news? The world is a better place now.

And spman, who are these "left" who think that Falwell, Phelps, etc are worse than the Bin Ladens of the world? I don't know anyone who thinks that, including anyone on the left?

Any of the people who preach "tolerance" for Islam, but then cry foul the second anyone utters the name Jesus outside the confines of a church?

Falwell blames 'pagans, abortionists, gays, feminists, lesbians' for death

(ANS, The Afterlife) Echoing his comments made after 9-11 that the terrorist attack was caused by a litany of "evil forces," the late Jerry Falwell said today from the afterlife that "pagans, abortionists, gays, feminists, lesbians, the ACLU, People for the American Way, Al Gore, Daily Kos and other immoral, liberal groups and individuals bear full responsibility for the heart attack that has claimed my earthly life."

Falwell went to add that, unlike his apology following his post-9-11 comments, he will "not be apologizing this time because there are no liberals where I'm going. So they can kiss my fat, dead ass."

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/5/15/15527/2018

Any of the people who preach "tolerance" for Islam, but then cry foul the second anyone utters the name Jesus outside the confines of a church?

Okay, but you didn't really answer my question. Any examples?

Okay, but you didn't really answer my question. Any examples?

You need to look no further then the numerous lawsuits the ACLU has filed over the years against the free demonstration of Christianity over the years, while at the same time suing employers because they won't accommodate someones need to roll out his prayer mat during work six times a day and pray to Mecca. I don't have the time right now to research specific examples, but if you want, I'll get back to you on it. In the mean time, Wiki George Soros, it's a start, and although he's not the most unbiased source on the subject, Bill O'Reilly's last book is mostly about this same issue as well.

I akready posted this in "Pictures I Like", but oh well

Falwellhustler.jpg

Bill O'Reilly's last book is mostly about this same issue as well.

I haven't read that one yet! Could you give us a review? If it's by Papa Bear, it's gotta be good!

Okay, I'm not too fresh on what the ACLU has been up to, so I'll give you that, but Bill O'Reilly is a horrible source. He has about zero credibility with me due to the nature of his television show, which seems to follow the same formula every night.

1) Bill brings on a guest.

2) Bill disagrees with guest.

3) Bill is out-argued by guest.

4) Bill shouts and/or cuts off the guest's mic.

And repeat.

Okay, I'm not too fresh on what the ACLU has been up to

Mostly killing babies, spitting on soldiers, & oppressing Christians all across the land.

As a Christian, I don't think Falwell was a bad guy, as he sincerely believed what he said and did reiterate several times that he didn't hate sinners, only hated their perceived sins. I DO think he misrepresented Christianity at times and made some outrageous statements, but to say that the world is better off without him, as some have said in this thread, is a more despicable comment than any he made.

Just my opinion.

to say that the world is better off without him, as some have said in this thread, is a more despicable comment than any he made.

Um...he said 9/11 happened because of teh ghey.

A very misguided statement, yes, but attacking homosexuality as an act while maintaining his assertion that he still respected and love the gays themselves is not the same as wishing death upon an individual.

Alright, then, let's throw some more out there and see what sticks.

If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being.

AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.

The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country.

The Jews are returning to their land of unbelief. They are spiritually blind and desperately in need of their Messiah and Savior.

Billy Graham is the chief servant of Satan.

The ACLU is to Christians what the American Nazi party is to Jews.

AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharoah's chariotters.

See, especially after reading those quotes, any of you Christians out there should feel embarassed that this guy was out there representing your faith on television. Those quotes are an embarassment to mankind in general.

I don't care for Jerry Falwell's comments, but these arguments are always the same.

A non-Christian isn't going to understand where a Christian is coming from on issues like this, and vice versa. It's a pointless argument.

Yeah, if I can never understand why it's reasonable to hate the "sin" of homosexuality, then I'm okay with life. If anyone, Christians included, cannot understand why those quotes are insane, then there really isn't any point in following the debate.

And spman, I'm satisfied with your answers, so don't think you have to do any real research to get back to me on that one. I really only just wanted clarification on who you were basing your opinions on, and I got that, so all is well.