TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

OMG Terminator 4 is definetly going ahead

I was hoping it wasnt true, just leave the fucking film alone, but it looks like its definetly going ahead from digitalspy.co.uk

Arnold Schwarzenegger has confirmed he will appear in the next Terminator movie, although he will not film any new material.

The Californian governor has reportedly agreed that the movie production company can use old images of him, which they will alter digitally.

"We'll be using computer altered stock images of Arnold," producer Derek Anderson has confirmed. "That way we can span his entire career, from the frightening '80s era Terminator to the ice cool T2 version."

The fourth film in the series is scheduled for release in 2009.

T3 was just okay for me...however, I did like the twist of Judgement Day happening anyway, regardless of all the shit the Connors did to prevent it.

I'm just not sure how exciting a flick about the machine/human war will be UNLESS it's the setup story for the first movie.

they still making that TV series based on Sarah Connor?

I think I said this before in another thread, but I have no problem with a fourth film, because the story lends itself to one. Part 4 needs to be about the beginning of Judgment Day and the war that ensues. End Part 4 with them sending the T-800 back in time to lead to the beginning of part 1, and it would be great.

I'd love to see Arnold make the heel turn.

yeah...since apparently an infiltrator with his likeness is what kills John in the future. I can go for that.

T3 was just okay for me...however, I did like the twist of Judgement Day happening anyway, regardless of all the shit the Connors did to prevent it.

I'm just not sure how exciting a flick about the machine/human war will be UNLESS it's the setup story for the first movie.

they still making that TV series based on Sarah Connor?

FOX picked it up, officially to be announced whenever they officially announce their fall lineup.

A 4th film in the series, and the "star" will only be appearing in stock footage?

Well...at least Arnold isn't dead...

I call this one a bust unless we end up with a terrific director and screenwriter on the project.

Fake Schwarzenegger story on "Terminator 4"

Terminator Does Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger have a new spokeswoman?

Hollywood websites have been using a quote from a woman named "Annabelle Gross," described as a "Schwarzenegger rep." Her first appearance came a few days ago on a website called Moviehole.net, which apparently is run out of Australia and Hollywood.

Spokeswoman Gross is quoted as hinting that the governor would have further involvement in the Terminator movie series. "He's signed on as Executive Producer for all three pictures, and we are in talks for further appearance licenseing," Ms. Gross says.

The headline on the item reads: "Arnold to appear in next three Terminator movies." That item has now been picked up by more than a dozen other websites and newspapers around the world.

The problem is, Annabelle Gross is an invention. "Totally false story. Nobody knows who this woman is and there's been no agreement like this regarding Schwarzenegger role in future Terminators," said Adam Mendelsohn, the governor's communications director. I can't find a single quote from "Annabelle Gross" before the May 10 posting.

The rights to the "Terminator" series have been sold to The Halcyon Company, and a new movie is expected by 2009. The new producers said they expect "Terminator 4" to be the first in another trilogy based on the apocalyptic science fiction blockbuster that made Schwarzenegger a bona fide movie star in 1984.

(UPDATE: The item, which is spreading throughout the Internet today, also includes a quote from Halcyon co-founder Derek Anderson: "We'll be using computer altered stock images of Arnold. That way we can span his entire career, from the frightening '80s era Terminator to the ice cool T2 version."

But Mark Saylor, spokesman for the company, said this quote was completely fabricated. Anderson never said it. And no decision has been made about using Schwarzenegger's image in the new films, Saylor said. Moviehole.net has since removed the item from its website and asked the writer of the item to explain.)

False sightings and rumors about Schwarzenegger show up all the time - almost always about his movie career. But I've never seen someone fabricate an on-the-record source. I find it shocking that something on the Internet could be inaccurate.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/politicalm.../gross_out.html

Fake Schwarzenegger story on "Terminator 4"

Terminator Does Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger have a new spokeswoman?

Hollywood websites have been using a quote from a woman named "Annabelle Gross," described as a "Schwarzenegger rep." Her first appearance came a few days ago on a website called Moviehole.net, which apparently is run out of Australia and Hollywood.

Spokeswoman Gross is quoted as hinting that the governor would have further involvement in the Terminator movie series. "He's signed on as Executive Producer for all three pictures, and we are in talks for further appearance licenseing," Ms. Gross says.

The headline on the item reads: "Arnold to appear in next three Terminator movies." That item has now been picked up by more than a dozen other websites and newspapers around the world.

The problem is, Annabelle Gross is an invention. "Totally false story. Nobody knows who this woman is and there's been no agreement like this regarding Schwarzenegger role in future Terminators," said Adam Mendelsohn, the governor's communications director. I can't find a single quote from "Annabelle Gross" before the May 10 posting.

The rights to the "Terminator" series have been sold to The Halcyon Company, and a new movie is expected by 2009. The new producers said they expect "Terminator 4" to be the first in another trilogy based on the apocalyptic science fiction blockbuster that made Schwarzenegger a bona fide movie star in 1984.

(UPDATE: The item, which is spreading throughout the Internet today, also includes a quote from Halcyon co-founder Derek Anderson: "We'll be using computer altered stock images of Arnold. That way we can span his entire career, from the frightening '80s era Terminator to the ice cool T2 version."

But Mark Saylor, spokesman for the company, said this quote was completely fabricated. Anderson never said it. And no decision has been made about using Schwarzenegger's image in the new films, Saylor said. Moviehole.net has since removed the item from its website and asked the writer of the item to explain.)

False sightings and rumors about Schwarzenegger show up all the time - almost always about his movie career. But I've never seen someone fabricate an on-the-record source. I find it shocking that something on the Internet could be inaccurate.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/politicalm.../gross_out.html

:lol:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34867

Bruce Wayne is John Connor!!!

Hey folk Harry here. Just got off the phone with an extremely trusted source who has never been wrong before. he revealed exclusively to AICN that in the upcoming McG reboot, TERMINATOR SALVATION: The Future Begins, that they have cast CHRISTIAN BALE as none other than JOHN CONNOR. you folks know what that means...

THIS IS GOING TO KICK ASS!!!

Hey folks, Harry here again... The above was posted by AICN's Behind-The-Scenes God, RoRo - as Time-Warner knocked out my internet this morning in a widespread pre-emptive strike to attempt to silence the news that Bruce Wayne was John Connor... But I want y'all to think about this for a second. McG has done more than just CHARLIE'S ANGELS - his film WE ARE MARSHALL was a very solid and tonally realistic film. Personally - I love what McG did with CHARLIE'S ANGELS - it was fun, kinetic and exactly what that version of CHARLIE'S ANGELS should be. Then there's the fact that he cast the T-1000 in WE ARE MARSHALL - which means, probably, he's a fan of T2 - or just has the coolness to just recognize that Robert Patrick is the shit. Either way - He's managed to cast Christian Bale in TERMINATOR SALVATION - and that's pretty huge.

We know Bale takes his shit seriously. And if you saw 3:10 TO YUMA... just imagine him coming out of his mountain and beginning the process of taking out SKYNET. With Bale as Connor - that means that we have a great chance that McG is pulling a chair up and will deliver. It all depends on that script... it is obvious we're dealing now with an adult, GREAT MILITARY LEADER storyline ... How he got the remnants of civilization together, trained them, armed them and began a guerilla war that eventually, we hope, brings down SKYNET.

I for one am anxious as hell to see this done right. Let's hope.

A Terminator movie without Arnold just seems like...idk a Rocky movie without Sylvester Stallone.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34867

Bruce Wayne is John Connor!!!

Hey folk Harry here. Just got off the phone with an extremely trusted source who has never been wrong before. he revealed exclusively to AICN that in the upcoming McG reboot, TERMINATOR SALVATION: The Future Begins, that they have cast CHRISTIAN BALE as none other than JOHN CONNOR. you folks know what that means...

THIS IS GOING TO KICK ASS!!!

Hey folks, Harry here again... The above was posted by AICN's Behind-The-Scenes God, RoRo - as Time-Warner knocked out my internet this morning in a widespread pre-emptive strike to attempt to silence the news that Bruce Wayne was John Connor... But I want y'all to think about this for a second. McG has done more than just CHARLIE'S ANGELS - his film WE ARE MARSHALL was a very solid and tonally realistic film. Personally - I love what McG did with CHARLIE'S ANGELS - it was fun, kinetic and exactly what that version of CHARLIE'S ANGELS should be. Then there's the fact that he cast the T-1000 in WE ARE MARSHALL - which means, probably, he's a fan of T2 - or just has the coolness to just recognize that Robert Patrick is the shit. Either way - He's managed to cast Christian Bale in TERMINATOR SALVATION - and that's pretty huge.

We know Bale takes his shit seriously. And if you saw 3:10 TO YUMA... just imagine him coming out of his mountain and beginning the process of taking out SKYNET. With Bale as Connor - that means that we have a great chance that McG is pulling a chair up and will deliver. It all depends on that script... it is obvious we're dealing now with an adult, GREAT MILITARY LEADER storyline ... How he got the remnants of civilization together, trained them, armed them and began a guerilla war that eventually, we hope, brings down SKYNET.

I for one am anxious as hell to see this done right. Let's hope.

Is he fucking serious?

Charlie's Angels was a fucking abortion from the get go. Once they got Drew Barrymore involved, it was going to suck hard, and both movies did.

There is no reason why another Terminator movie needs to be made. T3 was terrible; a classic example of the writers and production crew outsmarting themselves.

OK, I admit the Charlie's Angels movies blew ass but was the original TV series good enough to get up in arms about how shitty the remake was? Has anybody seen the TV series lately? It's not that good at all. That's why I didn't get worked about the movies.

I'm willing to give McG a slight benefit of the doubt. If only because Bale is in it and Bale hasn't fucked up that much in his film career.

Terminator series - James Cameron (you know, that guy who FUCKING CREATED IT and gave us an amazing action movie in the first one and an even better action movie with an underlying theme of human hope in the second one) = fuck off and die. T3 sucked balls outside of the last 15 minutes or so, so I can't see how the rest can be any better.

T3 was a decent action flick, but nothing more. It didn't help that the new Terminette was simply not anywhere near as scary as either Arnold or Robert Patrick were as the villains. Having Claire Danes around is always a nice thing, but I would've rather just had Linda Hamilton back again, and I still don't understand why they didn't bring Edward Furlong back to play John.

Honestly, you guys can keep Christian Bale, I'm more interested in the upcoming TV show. Summer Glau = yummy sociopathy.

Because Furlong had/has a BAD heroin addiction. All of his best stuff was when he was 10-20 (T2, St. Elmo's Fire, Pecker, Animal Factory, Detroit Rock City, and of course American History X), and T3 was...what? '02? '03? Furlong was into the heroin, man. Nick Stahl wasn't (although he should've been, considering his highlights are Disturbing Behavior and Bully). There ya go.