TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Why Snitsky vignette's are airing on Raw

But the Jericho issue came when HHH was still trying to find his footing as a main eventer. This is 2007, when he is one of the last recognizable names in WWE and someone with no way of losing power and steam. Why be this insecure still?

He's not smart enough to realize at this point... the more potential $$$ makers in the company, the more $$$ you can make. Or maybe he's one of the guys who just wants his LEGACY.

"That's kinda funny, because none of HHH's megaheel antics after his first quad tear got as much heat as Edge's opportunistic title wins."

Batista/HHH was more over than anything Edge has ever done. It sold WM 21. And by over I mean "sell the biggest PPV of the year", not sing a funny song with Kurt Angle that the arena laughs at or "pop the internet with a fake shoot angle with Matt Hardy that gets the second from curtain jerking spot at SummerSlam" angle. Yes, Edge is not a WM main eventer just yet. Although he did lose in the opener this year. In the same so-called "mid-card elevation" match he won years ago.

And if you think HHH **pinning Goldberg** and shocking the crowd at SummerSlam 2003 and pinning the unbeatable Goldberg after Goldy steamrolled through the entire main event scene, with HHH injured no less and "surely dropping the title" wasn't more over than Edge's lazy booking title reign pt.2 (both Edge MITB cash-ins have been lazy booking/forced last-second decisions) you're dreaming.

Plus without HHH, you don't get Benoit's smark wet dream World Title win at WM 20. You think the reaction woulda been the same if Benoit made, say, Guerrero or JBL tap out? LOL.

I'd even say that Triple H retaining by luck at the late December '03 Raw in San Antonio against Michaels got a bigger reaction than Edge's third in a series of lucky title wins.

AND HOW CAN WE NOT FORGET...

Triple H kicking Orton the fuck out of Evolution, another brilliant post-surgery HHH heel angle that was more carefully done and over than Edge's title win. Subsequent awful HHH/babyface Orton follow-up aside, the actual angle was red-hot.

Seriously, I've enjoyed probably about only 10-12 HHH matches since he returned in 2002. And it took until 2003 for me to like ONE of his matches.

But scumbag politician or not, you can't ignore he's a brilliant AND legitimate heel. Edge's 200 pound frame kinda hurts his legitimacy at times.

Ooh, one instance out from the four years he was supposed to be Mr. Super Duper Evil Guy, and it did so much for Batista!

HHH beating Goldberg was a shock because there was no reason for it to happen. Goldberg was worthless from that point on.

HHH beating Goldberg was a shock because there was no reason for it to happen. Goldberg was worthless from that point on.

I remember that night because the entire arena were dying to see Goldberg beat HHH for the title. They wanted nothing more than for Goldberg to win that night and would have exploded like crazy.

Heat is heat.

Edge's first title win was lazy booking because:

1) Edge had only 2 months left to cash in the MITB shot. They seemingly forgot this.

2) Cena's reign sucked.

3) They wasted the whole nearly-year long build with Edge to give him a fuke win, then erased it 2 weeks later. Edge would then subsequently disappear from the main event scene for 3 months.

It was almost as if they said "You know, Edge has that MITB case. Let's give him a quickie reign to establish the MITB's importance, so that come WM time, people care about the MITB match." Then, Edge gets taken apart at the Rumble and goes on to feud with Mick Foley, who hasn't been in regular action for 2 years or so.

It ended up hurting Edge.

"Ooh, one instance out from the four years he was supposed to be Mr. Super Duper Evil Guy, and it did so much for Batista!"

It did a ton for Batista. He then put him over two more PPVs in a row. People generally liked the matches. Batista's whole rise to the main event was people saying "THIS GUY IS COOL. HE DOESN'T TAKE HHH's SHIT. THIS IS THE GUY TO END THE REIGN." And guess what? HHH hasn't won the belt since.

It's not HHH's fault that Batista did programs with shitty JBL afterwards that were not well-received.

Batista can blame his shitty main event run on injuries, steroids, crappy opponents, and not being the same post-injury.

Heat is heat.

1) Edge had only 2 months left to cash in the MITB shot. They seemingly forgot this.

2) Cena's reign sucked.

3) They wasted the whole nearly-year long build with Edge to give him a fuke win, then erased it 2 weeks later. Edge would then subsequently disappear from the main event scene for 3 months.

It was almost as if they said "You know, Edge has that MITB case. Let's give him a quickie reign to establish the MITB's importance, so that come WM time, people care about the MITB match." Then, Edge gets taken apart at the Rumble and goes on to feud with Mick Foley, who hasn't been in regular action for 2 years or so.

or.

they wanted to wait for the most dastardly moment for Edge to cash in his shot (because, you know, he's a heel) - when the champion lay bloody and beaten in the middle of the ring. They needn't remind the viewers week in and week out that Edge has the case and the shot. Over time, people are able to store such information for later access.

As for Edge's "fluke" win. When it happened it wasn't a fluke win, and subsequent booking doesn't change what happened that night. Which was that Edge stole the title from John Cena and got crazy heat for it. What ended up happening or who it ended up hurting are moot, because they hadn't happened yet and are meaningless in the discussion of the heat those exchanges drew - which was nuts.

More than lazy booking the first Edge win is indictative of patient booking and not bailing on the Cena reign to throw shit against the wall and see what sticks. Using the length of the reign and the circumstances surrounding Edge's victory to get the most they could out of a guy the understand has legs and a long-term upside.

Edge's first MITB title win was pretty genius. Out of nowhere, great heat, perfect timing and execution... It's a shame they didn't put as much effort into the weeks afterwards. Now his second win, I can see where you'd call that lazy, since it is basically a move-for-move re-enactment of the frist win. However, given that the champion and top challenger were both injured and they had to do something on the fly, I think they made the most of the situation.

As for Snitsky vs. Cena? Well, it won't be very good, but maybe it'll mean more high profile matches for SD at whatever ppv it's on.

My guess is Triple H wants Cena to feud with the "monsters" because most of the matches will be terrible, and then Triple H can come back and put on much better matches with Cena, looking better because of it.

Guest pith
The Observer said something about a monster main event scene on Raw with Umaga, Khali, and Snitsky. I don't recall it mentioning Cena, though; it implied they would be there for HHH to beat before turning heel again.

i read a long time ago when hhh came back to wwe he would stay as a face forever

Heat is heat.

2) Cena's reign sucked.

The title reign hurting him, I can agree with that. But the feud with Foley was designed to put him over, and it did it. Once it was done, he was right back in the title picture, and each time he won the title, it served to further establish his character as a opportunistic heel who strikes at just the right moment. The reigns themselves were undermined by the desire to make sure John Cena is Superman SuperChampion New Hulk Hogan, but Edge has gained momentum since his MitB win. The first setback got him the Foley feud, which ended up doing for him essentially what it did for Orton, solidifying him as a tough guy in the eyes of the fans, since he could take the punishment that Foley gave to him. The second title win/title loss still spanned from July until September, until he went into the feud with DX....who proceeded to attempt the same career murder they did on the Spirit Squad. But Edge came out nearly unscathed and still over.

This latest title win, I agree that it was a bit weak, but like others said, take the circumstances into account; your champion is injured, you don't want the belt on Batista, because it's "better business" if he's chasing the belt. You have a guy, but all of a sudden, he's out for at least two months. So you take the most over heel that's not already a champion, and put him on Smackdown. It was a panic move, but given they don't want the belt on Batista right now, Edge is only going to get helped by this. And again, the nature of him stealing the title simply furthers the perception of him being the same opportunistic, manipulative bastard you've established him to be for nearly two years now.

Heat is heat.

2) Cena's reign sucked.

1. How much time Edge had left to cash in the money in the bank case has nothing to do with Edge going after Cena's title. You need to explain this reason a bit more.

2. Same goes with #2, yes I will agree with you Cena's title reign was getting stale but that has very little to do with "bad booking". The only way it would have any effect on booking would be adding someone new and fresh to the title scene. How that bad for booking, i have no clue.

3. Remind me how Edge's win over Cena was a fluke. DIdn't he come out after the Elimation Chamber and beat a already bloody and destoryed Cena? I can't remember how that match ended......I don't care to remember that far back. Did Edge win by cheating or by a school boy or something? I sware he beat him spearing him a few times.

As far as Foley vs Edge goes, that whole thing helped make Edge a better heel. It was one of the better angles leading into Wrestlemania and one of the better angles after Wrestlemania which helped estblish Edge more as an actual threat to the Champion of the time.