TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
In Credible

Shows That Shouldn't Have Been Cancelled

I'm kinda of annoyed that The Black Donnellys got moved to Online only after just a few episodes and is cancelled. They really had a chance to do something cool, but had to wrap it up quick (the finally almost seems like they think a 2nd season is in the books). I hope it gets picked up by a cable station like FX, they have a good cast.

Jeremiah and Dead Like Me went too early on Showtime.

Firefly and Wonderfalls on Fox, both were given bad timeslots and never stood a chance.

Playmakers on ESPN, ratings were good for the series, but it pissed off the NFL too badly.

Lucky Louie on HBO, very funny first season, then it was axed.

I agree about The Black Donnellys. I posted about its cancellation here, but no one replied, so I figured no one cared.

I just heard that Jericho and Veronica Mars were canceled, and I know a few people will be very pissed about those.

haha Jericho was cancelled? I called that one in the 'Shows that should be cancelled' Thread, nice one. In truth it just never produced the goods to match the concept.

I'll admit I didn't give a lot of really interesting dramas on TV a chance this year - but only because I've been burned too many times before with networks pulling them right after I get interested. (Most recent examples of this: Invasion, Day Break.)

Andy Richter Controls the Universe or Andy Barker P.I.

Pretty much anything Andy Richter (aside from the one where he had all those kids).

I agree about The Black Donnellys. I posted about its cancellation here, but no one replied, so I figured no one cared.

I just heard that Jericho and Veronica Mars were canceled, and I know a few people will be very pissed about those.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, no offical word yet. We will find out in 10 hours. :(

From FutonCritic:

And finally as if there wasn't enough post-upfront drama to unfold in the coming weeks, TV Guide columnist Michael Ausiello indicated this morning the CW may wait until June 15 to reach a verdict on its cult drama "Veronica Mars."

"The extra time would allow [creator] Rob Thomas to produce an actual script for ["Veronica Mars"] in the FBI," he said, referring to the show's potential revamp as an FBI-based pseudo-procedural. For now, "Mars" isn't expected to be on the netlet's 2007-2008 schedule, due to be announced tomorrow.

Jeremiah and Dead Like Me went too early on Showtime.

Firefly and Wonderfalls on Fox, both were given bad timeslots and never stood a chance.

Playmakers on ESPN, ratings were good for the series, but it pissed off the NFL too badly.

Lucky Louie on HBO, very funny first season, then it was axed.

I agree with Playmakers. I thought a lot of possibilities were left open for a second season.

The CW network is doing a show almost like Dead Like Me called Reaper..I didnt see Dead Like Me when it first aired on Showtime, but it should have been allowed more than 2 seasons.

Kitchen Confidential should have been given more time.

From FutonCritic:

And finally as if there wasn't enough post-upfront drama to unfold in the coming weeks, TV Guide columnist Michael Ausiello indicated this morning the CW may wait until June 15 to reach a verdict on its cult drama "Veronica Mars."

"The extra time would allow [creator] Rob Thomas to produce an actual script for ["Veronica Mars"] in the FBI," he said, referring to the show's potential revamp as an FBI-based pseudo-procedural. For now, "Mars" isn't expected to be on the netlet's 2007-2008 schedule, due to be announced tomorrow.

They are better off just killing the show now. I liked it when it was on UPN but then it moved over to WB, had Veronica doing the on again off again with the giant no talent ass, and overall didn't feel like the same show. Now her suddenly showing up in the FBI feels like a desperation move that will only end in heartbreak. Better off to pull the plug before the WB can totally destroy the corpse.

And I'd really love to say "The Critic" but that show was given tons of chances. I'll go with "The Tick" both cartoon and tv series, just because I liked them both and neither was given even a fighting chance.

From FutonCritic:

They are better off just killing the show now. I liked it when it was on UPN but then it moved over to WB, had Veronica doing the on again off again with the giant no talent ass, and overall didn't feel like the same show. Now her suddenly showing up in the FBI feels like a desperation move that will only end in heartbreak. Better off to pull the plug before the WB can totally destroy the corpse.

And I'd really love to say "The Critic" but that show was given tons of chances. I'll go with "The Tick" both cartoon and tv series, just because I liked them both and neither was given even a fighting chance.

You mean CW.

I'm still pissed about Sports Night getting cancelled.

"So it was a hooking left jab?"

"Yes."

"And he used his right hand?"

"The man's got skills."

The District- Craig T. Nelson Owned all in that show...It always had decent ratings for a Saturday show..Honestly don't know why it was cancelled..

Commander-In-Chief- I loved this show....It ruled all in ratings until American Idol started and all the women just stopped watching it...It was a great show that fell victim to American Idol...A sad day in indeed..Although I hear they're going to do a tv movie...

Another MTV murder....

Clone High.

They didn't even show the full first season before sticking Punk'd reruns in it's timeslot.

"The answer is "C" you %$^wad"

Family Guy has actually been good the past couple of weeks again, but there have been a few episodes that made me wish it hadn't been brought back due to tarnishing my memories of the original episodes.

Family Guy was in it's prime quality era when it was canned in 2002. That entire third season was spot-on and it kills me that it was cut off when it was producing such awesome shows.

Angel had a good run though, 100+ episodes, solid ending. I'm glad it went out on a high note actually, season 5 was great.

Also agree on Deadwood. Who knows if they'll ever get around to making the two movies they're supposed to to finish storylines