TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Blasts from the Past

Arizona Iced Tea is all over the place here in my part of Wisconsin. Walgreens has it, as well as a couple gas stations and even a Chinese restaurant in my area. Still only a buck, too.

1WSCARIZONA.gif

These were like a dollar for a huge fucking can of really sweet iced tea. Can't go wrong.

They're still around now, but distribution is not so high.

Maybe it depends on where you live, but all gas stations down here routinely stock at least four different flavors. When you get into the ghetto areas and truck stops, it's not uncommon to have at least two rows of 10 cans (all different flavors) or in some places an entire Arizona cooler with all sorts of different kinds.

I'm a sweet tea man myself, but when I can find the 1/2 tea 1/2 lemonade, I'm happy.

Remember me?

150px-Yummy_Mummy.jpeg

Probably not. :(

I was looking up random old cereals once, and asked a friend (born in 82) if she remembered Fruit Brute - a cereal in the monster cereal brand. She was shaking her head in deep thought, "yes I remember that one..."

So I continue reading "Discontinued in 1983.... Damn girl you remember stuff from a year old?"

She wasn't amused.

Fruit_Brute_cereal_box_-_280x398.jpg

Arizona's is stocked up well down here in the Niagara region.

A real blast from the past is the Hula Burger from McDonalds.

They're fairly well stocked here in the Portland, Maine area. The convenience store up the street has about 10 different flavors. I'm personally partial to The Arnold Palmer or the RX Energy Drink. And they're still a buck. Good stuff.

Guest George's Box
I loved Vanilla Coke and Pepsi Vanilla.

Those was sneakily five years ago. How fucked is that?

I spent like two minutes (that's like ten in Internet Time) staring at this, trying to figure out what you meant. This is almost as bad as that "I have never been to this board again" post.

Probably was drunk when typing that.

I remember back in High School, getting a bottle of Vanilla Coke, Poutine and cookies that was full of grease.

Those was sneakily five years ago. How fucked is that?

I spent like two minutes (that's like ten in Internet Time) staring at this, trying to figure out what you meant. This is almost as bad as that "I have never been to this board again" post.

Indeed I was, Baron. Even so, I shouldn't have let that slide. Jesus. Edited, Czech.

Maybe its only in Atlantic Canada, maybe on the east coast in the states, but they use to have the McLobster

Wow, now that sounds appetizing...

:throwup:

<br />
<br />Those was sneakily five years ago. How fucked is that?<br />
<br />I spent like two minutes (that's like ten in Internet Time) staring at this, trying to figure out what you meant. This is almost as bad as that "I have never been to this board again" post.<br />
<br /><br />Indeed I was, Baron. Even so, I shouldn't have let that slide. Jesus. Edited, Czech.<br />

That doesn't really make sense to me either. I spent about two minutes trying to figure out who you're trying to talk to here, or what the hell "you was". Jesus.

EDIT: So bad it fucked up my post royally.

Maybe its only in Atlantic Canada, maybe on the east coast in the states, but they use to have the McLobster

Oh hell yeah, we have those in Maine still. You're talking about the lobster rolls? They're actually a bit better than what you'd think a lobster roll at McDonalds would be but it's pretty much all lettuce with a tiny tiny bit of lobster salad. I rarely if ever get one. Especially when you can get much better ones, albeit for slightly higher prices.

I remember when I was in DC back around '99 or '00, McDonalds had chicken wings. I had a mild allergic reaction to 'em and found out they had MSG in them. Needless to say, I'm glad they never found their way up here.

How about The McDonald's hot dog that was around for a brief period in Summer of '02. I just remember the uberpatriotic commercials with little kids with sparklers and miniture American flags shilling the All American hot dog.

SG, we should start a campaign to get Harvey's to bring back their buffalo chicken toasted sandwich. What they did was an absolute travesty and mustn't stand.

My God yes!

Treble, SodaLicious was awesome. Along the same lines: B000EMOCKS.01._AA280_PIbundle-14,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_V55099194_.jpg

For fear or bringing my attention to my grammatical disaster earlier, YPV, I won't re-quote. But it's been edited since.

SG, we should start a campaign to get Harvey's to bring back their buffalo chicken toasted sandwich. What they did was an absolute travesty and mustn't stand.

Not a bad idea, GQ. Not a bad idea at all.

Dunkaroos....now those were the shit. I don't know if they're around anymore, I had them a year ago or so. I think they're along the same lines as Combos (Which I also love), where as they're only found occasionally at odd gas stations and convenience stores.

Dunkaroos....now those were the shit. I don't know if they're around anymore, I had them a year ago or so. I think they're along the same lines as Combos (Which I also love), where as they're only found occasionally at odd gas stations and convenience stores.

Combos weren't as good as I remembered, with the exception of the "Pizzeria Pretzel" flavour. I actually found them in a quite a few places on my city-wide "best pepperette" search.

I saw a commercial on youtube for "Fruit Wrinkles", it appeared to be a jelly bean type spin-off of Fruit Roll-ups.

Did anyone ever have Starburst jellybeans? Those were ok, I seem to recall. Do they still exist?

I also saw a commercial for Real Ghostbusters cereal which had a glow in the dark box (which WWM pointed out was a brilliant concept - a box that glows in the dark for a product generally used in the morning).

I enjoy one or two kinds of Combos (the aforementioned pizzeria pretzel ones are pretty good) but some of them, when I ate them, I got a lingering feeling that I was eating repackaged dog treats. I mean they even look similar.

Fun fact; Quentin Tarantino's favorite breakfast cereal ever was a Bill and Ted cereal. He mentioned it in some interview I read and talked about how he knew they weren't going to last so he bought out several grocery stores' entire supply of it. Seems like something Tarrantino would do.

Wow, I didn't know there was a Bill & Ted Cereal.

For most of my youth, I never got to eat any good kids cereals. My mom would always buy those huge family size boxes of Rice Krispies (the plain ones), Cheerios, or Kix. Nothing more exciting than getting up in the morning and having a bowl of sawdust and milk.

Arizona's is stocked up well down here in the Niagara region.

A real blast from the past is the Hula Burger from McDonalds.

Carl's Jr./Hardee's has a new burger that's like the hula burger.

I remember trying the Bill & Ted cereal, the free telephone booth cassette holder was of much more interest.

WWF Superstars cereal....I wish I never tried that.

Guest Vitamin X

Why have Dunkaroos been mentioned twice in this thread? They really weren't that good!

Seeing all these kids foods makes me feel ashamed to have eaten so much of that crap, knowing the kind of damage it was doing to everyone I knew growing up. These mass marketed, sugar filled, kid oriented fat snacks. Yuck.

Hopefully I'll do better with my kids.

astropops.jpg

The greatest pop in the history of the world.

Although this is a picture of the pussified upside down astro pop design they came out with just before they stopped production. The originial, you could make that thing to a point so sharp that it could kill a man.

This shank/lollipop combination made Astro Pop the greatest thing ever.

And i was about a week from stalking Keebler execs over them getting rid of Pizzarias. Because those were the shit.