TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

RVD released early?

Everybody masturbating in front of their computer screens thinking about RVD having classic matches with the TNA roster should put their penis away for a few months. Who is to say that RVD will not take the summer off and then start a bidding war between TNA and WWE before eventually resigning with Vince?

Not to mention the possibility of Russo-rific booking.

I don't think anyone is "blaming" Vince or RVD for being released. It's no one's fault. RVD didn't want to resign, and Vince felt he had nothing more to offer RVD. Of course that is pretty silly considering RVD is far and away the most over worker on the ECW brand and could have been used to give someone the rub with a good, long match on PPV.

To be honest, if there were more options out there in the North American Wrestling scene than TNA, then I would be excited, and don't get me wrong, if RVD debuts in TNA I will be excited, mark out and enjoy it, just like I did with Christian, and Kurt Angle, but how long before RVD becomes another one of an overcrowded bunch, involved in one minute clusterfuck matches!?! If TNA had better writers/bookers/creative department, then I would be more excited if RVD ended up in TNA.

Everybody masturbating in front of their computer screens thinking about RVD having classic matches with the TNA roster should put their penis away for a few months. Who is to say that RVD will not take the summer off and then start a bidding war between TNA and WWE before eventually resigning with Vince?

Why put it that way when "everyone should wait and see what happens" would have fit? As for the topic, both sides were at fault. For whatever reason, he wasn't what they wanted at the top. Vince isn't in this to lose money, as dumb as the decisions and product seems a lot of times.

Kurt Angle still hates RVD... right?

I think Im out of the loop here. Why does Kurt Angle hate RVD?

Not sure how asking for more time off is unreasonable in a profession where your on the road the entire year.

Rob's punishment for the whole weed thing was also pretty ridiculous.

I can't say I'm not disappointed. This is both good and bad news depending on your PoV. If he jumps to TNA, he could have enough star power to convince Spike to give them 2 hours. However, the upper card of TNA is already cluttered and a huge mess, including TOMKO of all people as title contenders. I'd rather have him take a year off or so and then look at his options again.

Not sure how asking for more time off is unreasonable in a profession where your on the road the entire year.

It's because he asked for extended time off upon resigning........like 6 months.

They told him it sets a bad precedent when they have to sign other guys to new contracts which is well true.

It's not wise for the WWE to let guys dictate to them having long periods of time off.........the WWE is a business, they offered him more money pretty much everything he wanted other than the time off.

It's because he asked for extended time off upon resigning........like 6 months.

They told him it sets a bad precedent when they have to sign other guys to new contracts which is well true.

I'm sure HBK never gets time off when he asks for it

I actually can see WWE not wanting to give RVD a bunch of time off, considering he was off the entire year of 2005 injured and also was suspended 30 days in 2006. I think RVD might have just tossed this out there knowing they wouldn't do it.

Van Dam has become almost a modern version of a Greek tragic hero, letting his one big flaw (namely marijuana) wreck his chance at success.

What amazes me though is that WWE didn't think to simply have him put over Punk in a great 20 min. match at ONS on his way out. Instead just a Snitsky beatdown, albeit a DQ win, and he's gone. The irony is that RVD faces Snitsky on his first singles match back last January, and Snitsky is also now his final WWE opponent.

If this is true then I don'thave any reason to watch ECW anymore since he was the only entertaining thing on that show.

Elijah Burke disagrees with you but hey...

and they all carried big ol 4x4 of wood to the ring!

I don't know why eveyrone is so hasty to start talking TNA already. I still believe that RVD is going to do a deal similar to Jericho and Big Show, lay low for a while, while still being visible enough to keep your name out there, and then eventually come back either full time or, as will likely be the case with Big Show, sporadically for big money matches.

The Union of People You OUghta Respect, Son, aka The Union?

You do know that spells out Up Yours, right?

That was the idea.

Mick Foley, Ken Shamrock, Test, and somebody else (Al Snow?) circa 1999.

The Union was one of my favorite stables of all time.

If this is true then I don'thave any reason to watch ECW anymore since he was the only entertaining thing on that show.

They should just get rid of it. RVD has single handedly carried the show. Sure, guys like Punk and Burke had their moments, but pretty much every great match on nu-ECW TV has had RVD in it.

I'm not sure if RVD being released early is true yet. Nothing has been annouced on WWE.com or ECW.com all day long. You would think WWE would want to be the first one to break that big of news..or at least confirm it. We'll see tomorrow I guess.

Out of the many departures of guys, I'd say one for the record books is: getting beat up by Snitsky. That was actually the first match in months I was actually interested in cause I thought for sure he'd lose to Snitsky clean.

I dont see the point of him sticking around till ONS if he's still there just to put over whoever. Even wwe defenders can see that problems with talent are resulting in everyone being held back instead of letting someone step up and run with the ball. With all these injuries they still give a top spot to guys who are already working through injuries anyway or are already top guys instead of trying someone new who doesnt look cosmetically like everyone else. You could show a casual fan hey he's getting pushed and he's not that built or that tall so he must be good right? Who can you say that about anymore?

Lashley and Snitsky are the only guys getting pushed. In the old Ecw's last 5 years even they were not hit with this many roster shakeups than the scifi show, and it hasnt even been a full year yet, and i'd say the majority is self-inflicted by vince himself. despite being less insulting than past years, alot of decisions are shrinking the amount of spots on tv and ppv. I dont think there will be a real bidding war for anyone between wwe and tna for many years. WWE hasnt pushed anyone they wouldnt normally push, and no one jumping to TNA is utilized as a big star correctly maybe ever in it's history.

And if there are any fans that actually masturbate thinking about classic matches then i dont want to know about them.

TNA has always had the talent and potential but never capitalize on the ability to eclipse the wwe quality cause of the weird booking and inconsistency.

i always hear about wwe not wanting guys to go to tna but what 's the big deal? They do more damage to themselves than they could possibly do to the wwe's product. If there came a point where tna stopped sucking and actually made money for once and started cutting into wwe's ppv buys, then i could see them signing a dozen guys and putting them out of their misery. they havent protected their x division in years so why keep any of them under contract at all?