TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Toshiaki Koala

NO WAI!

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2007/03/22/harrypotter.shtml

Russian Man Killed by Owl He Tried to Steal

Created: 22.03.2007 10:28 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 10:43 MSK

MosNews

A Russian man has died after being attacked by an owl he tried to steal from Moscow zoo, the Komsomolskaya Pravda daily reported.

The incident took place on Tuesday night. Zoo workers found the body of the 32-year old man near the wild birds’ cage. An owl was missing from the nearest compertment.

Most likely, the man got into the zoo at night intending to steal a bird. He climbed over the fense and broke the cage where an owl lived. “The place was covered with feathers, at first we thought that the owl flew away,” zoo workers told reporters. However, soon the bird was discovered hiding in the bushes. The owl was bruised and frightened, but alive.

Prosecutors, who started investigation into the man’s death, said it was obvious that the bird fought the thief fiercely. The cage and the zoo fence were covered in blood drops. Investigators say that the man tried to climb the fence wit the bird in his hands but fell and collapsed after his head hit a cage. The man died of hypothermia after lying several hours unconscious on the cold ground.

The culprit, according to other sources:

404px-Tawny_wiki_edit1.jpg

Guest Smues

O RLY?

That is one kick ass owl. Take that thieving bastard.

Oh and I moved this to general chat, because it really doesn't qualify for CE. I still love it though.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

The local zoo has a Eurasian Eagle Owl. Biggest owl in the world. Thing's almost the size of my torso, and has a six foot wingspan. The fuckers eat deer in the wild.

eagle-owl.jpg

Its eyes are seriously that color, too. Bird would tear you a new anus if you tried stealing it.

If I get assigned to a K-9 unit I'm going to ask for one of those big owls instead. German Sheppards can't fly and the eyes on that will fuck with a man's convictions all by itself.

I'm pretty sure an Eagle Owl has killed a gentleman as well (some bloke who was trying to band its young), as has its smaller but equally terrifying American cousin the Great Horned Owl.

They're still not a patch on this guy. It could fucking swallow dogs fucking whole.

Guest Queen Leelee

Aww, pretty birdie.

You've got to be one stupid fuck to try stealing an owl. At night.