TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnny B Radd

OAO Judgment Day 2007 Thread

sorry guys that feeds gone to hell, im currently having a look round on yahoo for another feed, if i find one in time i will post it

Punk's best match in WWE so far.

I enjoyed the Knox match way back last fall but since this means something and he's basically making this match, it's been his best singles match. Which doesn't say much since most have been 4-5 minute squash matches.

What was that? 15 minutes? Flair/Carlito got about that much too right? ECW title match kept short..it's been a good PPV so far.

The opener went 13 and this match went 16. Good times for each. The matches paled in comparison. Carlito was all rest-hold and a hot finish. Punk-Burke was just a great match with another hot finish. Only difference was that the crowd was hotter for Flair but that's to be expected but the crowd was digging the Punk match as it went.

Give the 2/3 falls match 20+ and it's gravy.

Shawn's doing his best Jake impression down the ring.

That was totally great and they got the crowd into it because it was totally great

Meltzer disagrees:

Elijah Burke vs. C.M. Page, I mean Punk. They went much longer than you'd think, closing in on 17:00. Way too long for these two and this crowd. They laid out a good match but the execution in sports was real bad. Crowd was up for the finish and for some of the big moves, but they were cold most of the way. I think if you're a fan of Punk you'll say it was good, and if you're not, you'll say this match proved beyond any doubt you were right. Lots of near falls. Japanese style, but a not very good Japanese match.

Meltzer, in spite of HTQ's word isn't bedrock. He loved the opener I'm sure. He gives matches high praise if the crowd chants THIS IS AWESOME.

That was totally great and they got the crowd into it because it was totally great

Meltzer disagrees:

Elijah Burke vs. C.M. Page, I mean Punk. They went much longer than you'd think, closing in on 17:00. Way too long for these two and this crowd. They laid out a good match but the execution in sports was real bad. Crowd was up for the finish and for some of the big moves, but they were cold most of the way. I think if you're a fan of Punk you'll say it was good, and if you're not, you'll say this match proved beyond any doubt you were right. Lots of near falls. Japanese style, but a not very good Japanese match.

Screw Meltzer

HBK looks great... not

Meltzer disagrees:

Was the crowd actually quiet during the match or is Meltzer just pretending they were? This is why I don't like Meltzer all that much, instead of saying anything positive he rather go negitive when it comes to something from WWE.

Meltzer disagrees:

Was the crowd actually quiet during the match or is Meltzer just pretending they were? This is why I don't like Meltzer all that much, instead of saying anything positive he rather go negitive when it comes to something from WWE.

Crowd was quiet at first and throughout until they started to really roll in the match. They followed the match. In Flair's match, they just sat on their hands until Flair chopped and whoo'd. However, that means it was better of course.

Shawn's not a good actor anymore. He was gold in 1996 with this. Hey, Shawn's wife is here. Wondered how long before she'd be on screen.

Shawn is dying. Oh, well.

Ok what'd i miss?

Shawn's doing a shitty acting job but his wife comes out and trumps him after a horrible match that I guess was intended to be bad ending in a forfeit. Owen voices, of course.

The CM Punk Burke match the crowd gave a half decent CM Punk chant, then died, then chanted for JBL, and then got completely into everything and I thought it was great