TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnny B Radd

OAO Judgment Day 2007 Thread

The tap-out wasn't needed. If the purpose was to put Cena over, just finish it with an FU. Since, in theory Khali never been rocked that hard, it would crush him. Not a tap-out when he dominated.

It was a very solid main event for the man involved. Cena as always shines in the main event. The outrage here should be hilariously funny.

What bothers me is that they ended the show at 10:40. Easily could have slapped another 5 minutes to the 2/3 falls match.

Solid show. Opener was a hot match for the crowd although Flair was horrible and Carlito did about 3 moves. The ECW match was a squash with the expected bs finish. Punk/Burke was a good match. The tag match was decent formula. Edge did what you can only do with Batista and that's contain the suck. MVP/Benoit was bang up good although needed another five minutes. Cena got the most out of Khali. Not the best but far from the worst show.

Only strong negative really was the shitty soap opera with Shawn.

I thought it was a damn good match. Cena's flurry at the end was belivable to me, but yeah a tapout wasn't necessary at all. Maybe if Khali passed out in it or something it'd be fine. Khali's much better than the other giants they've tried to push like Silva, Gonzales, and Andre (1982 to his retirement). His offense actually looks painful unlike the other giants weakass strikes and chops.

Well its starting to daylight outside so time for bed, but the ppv fucking sucked, apart from Vince still your ECW Champion~!

As some poster predicted here weeks ago, Khali was just monster heel cannon fodder for Cena. Just like Hogan in the 80s. Not that it was necessarily a bad thing.

This Cena push reminds me a lot of the initial face push Hogan got when he went to WCW. They kept lining up opponents for Hogan, without feuds. As soon as he beat someone, the next guy in line would run in the following Nitro, beat him down, proclaim to be this and that and go on to do a uber-job at the following PPV. If Vince wants Cena as THE GUY, then fine whatever, but right now they are just showing some lazy fucking booking. There is nothing compelling about Cena or his opponents right now. This is the second straight opponent he has had that was built up as some big fucking unstoppable monster, that basically went on to job to some kicks and punches. Why are they not mapping out matches that have Cena have to do something extra, or hell maybe have one of these "MONSTERS" go psycho on Cena at a PPV and get themselves DQ'd to extend the feud a bit.....these one and done "extravaganzas" are tired. They belong on RAW, not on PPV.

I just don't get this "Same Ol' Crap" booking with Cena overcoming the odds every month. I mean, I realize where they are going with it, but it's not that interesting or compelling.

At least he's been champion for the better part of 2 years now. I hated when HHH/Rock/Angle/Austin/whoever kept the title for two weeks back in the day.

This Cena push reminds me a lot of the initial face push Hogan got when he went to WCW. They kept lining up opponents for Hogan, without feuds. As soon as he beat someone, the next guy in line would run in the following Nitro, beat him down, proclaim to be this and that and go on to do a uber-job at the following PPV. If Vince wants Cena as THE GUY, then fine whatever, but right now they are just showing some lazy fucking booking. There is nothing compelling about Cena or his opponents right now. This is the second straight opponent he has had that was built up as some big fucking unstoppable monster, that basically went on to job to some kicks and punches. Why are they not mapping out matches that have Cena have to do something extra, or hell maybe have one of these "MONSTERS" go psycho on Cena at a PPV and get themselves DQ'd to extend the feud a bit.....these one and done "extravaganzas" are tired. They belong on RAW, not on PPV.

Well, Cena did spend the entire 2006 back and forth with Edge and then a short fling with Umaga (which produced a fantastic brawl that still stands as the best WWE match this year) then a brief deal Shawn that was a decent storyline and wrestling before Khali. Not quite the same. Of course, after Snitsky and whoever follows, then we can start to consider that comparison.

Guest Queen Leelee

I just wanted Khali with gold.

Cena could have got this win back in 2 weeks, at the next pointless PPV.

BULLSHIT!

This is all obviously a ploy so that when HHH comes back and wins the belt, it will be a "breath of fresh air" and nobody will mind he ends up with the belt again..He'll probably even be the one to beat Cena.

Well yeah, either that or Cena actually beats him once or twice first but we get the "It Never Happened.....Arghhh" or the "Beating me once proves nothing" or the "A fluke is a fluke" promo from HHH the night after the PPV.

Let's see how I did with the predictions from page 1:

--Hardys have been added to defend tag belts. They'll win, dunno against whom though. (Ended up being Cade and Murdoch and the Hardys beat them again. Send the hicks back to Heat and bring in Cryme Tyme or some other lame duck challengers.

--Benoit vs. MVP. Honestly...I'm tired of this feud. Matches have been good, but not quite good enough to overcome the deja vu of it all (Benoit beats MVP, then beats him, then beats him). Give MVP the belt to pay it off, which is odd since he's the heel. (MVP dominated Benoit in 2 straight falls, which I found a bit surprising. Thing is, where do you go with MVP as US Champ now?)

--Michaels vs. Orton. I'm assuming those were Meltzer's thoughts above. I don't get this hard on he has for Orton, but he always, invariably, overrates his matches. Also given that these guys had a real clunker on Raw recently I'm not expecting much. Add to it the various injuries--legit and worked--such as the knee (legit) and the concussion (worked) and I'm expecting crap here. Orton with the headlock for 10 minutes type crap. HBK will fall unconscious and the match will be stopped a la Owen in 1995, but Orton won't technically win. (Thankfully the match was kept short due to HBK's injury, but this sucked terribly as I figured. I really, really hate and despise the HBK concussion angle booking where his opponent just stands there like a douche and doesn't, oh I dunno, PIN HIM. I mean my god the guy is laying there unconscious...pin his ass!)

--Carlito vs. Flair. I'm not totally sure, it depends on if Carlito is still being buried. I think he is. Flair wins. (Yep, Carlito = Buried. Flair just owns the guy.)

--CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke. Burke cost Punk the match with Corvon recently, so I'd expect Punk to get the win here and possibly plant the seeds of either breaking up the New Breed entirely, or maybe Punk takes over as leader. Could be good depending on the time. (Probably the best match on the PPV, let's see where it goes from here.)

--Vince/Shane/Umaga vs. Lashley. The ECW belt is so utterly worthless now it doesn't matter. I'm assuming Lashley wins here but does NOT pin Vince (remember the Umaga burial I mentioned earlier?). The Vince job out will be at ONS, as though anyone wants to see that. Glad I'm going on vacation and won't see that PPV or be tempted to get it. (Okay Shane was at least a man and jobbed to save Umaga the embarrassment. The post match antics were garbage of course and I assume will simply lead to Lashley killing Vince and everyone on earth at ONS.)

--Cena vs. Khali. I bet they want to extend this feud until the GAB to do another Punjabi Prison (this time with the actual guy it's meant for, Khali). You know the deal: DQ, doesn't matter who gets DQ'd. (Well, they just jobbed Khali here and I dunno if the foot under the ropes aspect will matter or not since the announcers never mentioned it and maybe Khali is just too big. Considering Raw's dearth of challengers why not get another match out of it? PUNJABI PRISON!)

--Edge vs. Batista. After Edge getting jobbed out to HBK on Raw he flat out must get a win here, even if it's a lame and screwy win. Mark Henry runs in, attacks Batista, aligns himself with Edge. Edge wins and retains. (Wow, Batista jobs without even a Henry run in. I gotta say...this match sucked.)

Judgment Day was a below average PPV.

Batista has to FIGHT THE ODDS WITH A LEG INJURY.

Benoit has to FIGHT THE ODDS WITH A LEG INJURY.

Punk has to FIGHT THE ODDS WITH RIB INJURIES.

Michaels has to FIGHT THE ODDS WITH HIS HEAD INJURY.

Heels target the injury...match after match after match...

You also forgot Flair had to fight the odds with the shoulder ailing after Carlito worked it. There are people actually praising that match. I personally thought it was boring as hell, with Carlito doing tedious shoulder work for 15 minutes and Flair throwing weak chops for offense. I have a pet peeve and that would be meaningless working of a body part that masquerades as psychology. It's like they tell Carlito "Go out and work Flair's arm for 15 minutes" without any "Why?" figured in. Carlito has no arm based finisher, so why do it? At least if he had attacked Flair's legs it would prevent Flair from using the Figure 4.

I think whoever does the in match booking and layouts for PPVs needs a wakeup call. Not every match needs the same tedious "Heel works a body part" story. Frankly it's boring as all fuck considering most of the time it leads nowhere and most of the guys aren't compelling enough at selling to justify it. It's like someone decided Arn Anderson was God and all matches shall be in his image.

I'm curious if they're going to go the Sid vs Benoit route with Cena vs Khali. You know, where Sid had his foot under the rope and after Beniot made him tap, the next night on Nitro they used that excuse for the World title tournament....except WWE will use that excuse to give Khali a re-match.

I don't think that will play a part. I think it's a case of Khali's legs being so long, they just ended under the ropes. The replay showed a tight angle away from showing the feet under the ropes. I don't expect it to mean a thing.