TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnny B Radd

OAO Judgment Day 2007 Thread

No one wants him to be a long term champion but we all know Cena works best in the chase as most faces do. Khali had been built exceptionally well as the unbeatable monster and even if for a few weeks as a placeholder back to Cena, it's a fresh direction. Now, Cena plowed through him and we're supposed to buy that Snitsky is a tougher foe. We're just killing time before they shoot back to Shawn once he returns or HHH's return.

Khali had a aura that stood out. Wanting them to put the title on Snitsky is a moronic thought but Khali from a pure business standpoint works.

That's bullshit. He has done quite a few bumps and he's capable of more but they aren't stupid enough to have the big monster taking back bumps and such over and over.

That's bullshit. He has done quite a few bumps and he's capable of more but they aren't stupid enough to have the big monster taking back bumps and such over and over.

He's right. That's the kind of bullshit that made Big Show just another worker, taking bumps for everyone.

They should have done the HBK angle where he collapsed in the middle of a match and it was attributed to too many headshots from the night before against Owen Hart at an awesome match at In Your House. Nobody would remember anyway since it's over 10 years old.

Sucks that they cant even bury Orton cause there are so many guys injured or working through injuries. Same thing happened last time they tried to punish Orton and he ended up beating Angle clean. That's what happens when you disregard 90% of the roster: no one there to take up spots, especially in the midst of mass firings.

I liked the 2/3 falls stip cause they could have done the deal where titles dont change on dq or countout but you can win 2 straight falls like that and have to win the title that way. Odd that this got less time than the Punk match but at least it's not on the level of the current IC champ.

And with no more pure SD ppvs does that mean the SD tag belts and CW title are even more useless than before?

Next ppv is One Night Stand, is it another tri-brander? That's as ridiculous as still calling it ONS, but not as ridiculous as calling it ECW.

If RVD is still around he can give Cena his win back from last year. Awesome right?

This show felt like a backlash from Backlash. I can see alot more rematches, and with a better undercard and less Khali, ONS may end up being pretty stacked. And the only match I wouldnt want to see would be whatever they do involving the ECW title.

Flair had a ppv match and didnt do one interview?

Lashley still sucks.

I'm surprised anyone honestly thought (let alone hoped) Khali stood a chance. I called the STFU as soon as they booked the match. That's how things work now, bigmen being built up to get knocked down by Cena. We should all get used to it, unfortunately.

I think Cena works better as champion than chasing the belt.

When's the last time you could say that for a babyface? Bret?

I'd argue Undertaker, if only because he's so dominant in all his feuds that he works better as the 'hunted' rather than the 'hunter'. I agree though, Cena works better as champ than chasing, so maybe someone is doing something right.

Been a while since we've seen Cena act as the hunter. All of his title chases have been pretty short, and ended up with him winning the belt. It would just be nice to see the guy in an upper, non-title related fued for a while. Unfortunalty, right now the roster is too thin to entertain that possibility.

Khali/Cena was crap, especially the finish. I wasn't expecting the roundhouse kick from Khali though.

Carlito/Flair was ok.

The HBK injury angle was too milked for my liking. This was the first time i've ever seen Shawn's wife.

I'm not even gonna bother talking about the ECW crap.

Hardys/Cade-Murdoch was good.

Edge/Batista was way too short, but the most important thing is that my main man Edge retained! JBL is the best at putting over anyone on commentary, but he seems to get brilliantly passionate when it comes to Edge. I love it. JBL rules!

MVP/Benoit was the best match of the night. As much as I absolutely LOVE Benoit, I'm still glad MVP was put over so strongly. Two falls in a row is a rarity in 2/3 falls matches.

The HBK injury angle was too milked for my liking. This was the first time i've ever seen Shawn's wife.

you don't remember seeing her on Monday Nitro? She was Nitro Girl Whisper. She was a bit of a hoss, but a pretty gal.

The sick aspect of this is that I bet they give Orton some sort of title feud now, at least around the time of Vengeance or so. He'll job of course, and then it's the Job Tour 07 vs. HHH and once HBK gets back it's more jobbing. After that I dunno what is left for Orton to do.

As far as ONS goes, hell I'd be fine with RVD returning the job to Cena. I'd be fine with him jobbing to Punk. I am not fine with him jobbing in his last match to Snitsky, since it would mean nothing. The Snitsky to Raw rumor has been debunked at this point, seems the last I heard he was staying on ECW to be fed to Lashley. Regardless of whatever stupid shit Orton has done, I'd still rather see him in a title feud than Snitsky (whose one note act wore out in early 2005).

Punk/Burke stole the show last night.

Quoted for truth.

I didn't see the show, but Meltzer seemed to imply that this match wasn't very good. He also said the crowd wasn't into it.

I agree. Orton is the only choice right now for a feud with Cena that makes any sense. What has Snitsky done to warrant a main even program? He's not over, plain and simple, while Orton is going to have a bunch of heat from this HBK angle.

Quoted for truth.

I didn't see the show, but Meltzer seemed to imply that this match wasn't very good. He also said the crowd wasn't into it.

Depends on who you ask. Some people here said the crowd was into it, others say they were bored. I do know for sure they were into the finish, at least.

Quoted for truth.

Crowd seemed to be into it from my view, I personally could care less what Meltzer says, it's not like he's always 100% accurate.

Judgment Day had 4 Raw matches, 2 ECW and 2 Smackdown. If this continues than they might aswell go back to single brand PPVs. Smackdown went from having its own PPV to to just 2 matches. this fucking sucked.

back in the day when the brand extension first started. they've always had 4 Raw and 4 Smackdown to even it out. shit like this is why I havn't ordered Backlash or judgment Day and this is going to continue if future WWE PPVs keeps favoring Raw. Smackdown has the best talent but it sucks that they have to take a backseat to the shit workers from Raw.

I don't think that will play a part. I think it's a case of Khali's legs being so long, they just ended under the ropes. The replay showed a tight angle away from showing the feet under the ropes. I don't expect it to mean a thing.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/articles/4384314/khalicena

Championship Controversy

By Louie Dee

Written: May 21, 2007

MOLINE, Ill. – John Cena may have made The Great Khali tap out at Judgment Day, but less than 24 hours later, controversy is swirling around last night’s WWE Championship Match.

As the photograph to the right shows, Khali’s massive size 18EEEE boot was clearly under the bottom rope as he tapped out for the first time ever. Rumors are flying that Khali and his translator will be at Raw tonight, and in all likelihood, Khali will present his case to the public.

It took everything Cena had last night to take the monstrous Khali off his feet, with The Champ needing to use the steel ring steps to do so near the conclusion of the intense battle. Unfortunately for Khali, referee Mike Chioda was so intensely watching Khali’s face and hands in looking for a submission that he never noticed the giant’s massive foot underneath the bottom rope.

Should Khali present his case tonight, what will be come of this shocking revelation and Cena’s improbable victory last night?

I'm gonna try my hand at a PPV prediciton:

Carlito vs Ric Flair

Winner: Carlito

CM Punk vs Elijah Burke

Winner: CM Punk

Chris Benoit vs MVP: 2/3 falls for the United States Championship

Winner: MVP

Shawn Michaels vs Randy Orton

Winner: HBK

Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon and Umaga vs Bobby Lashley: 3-on-1 handicap match for the ECW Championship

Winner: Lashley

Edge vs Batista: World Heavyweight Championship

Winner: Edge

John Cena vs Great Khali: WWE Championship

Winner: John Cena

4 from 7, pretty bad really seeing as a few were obvious. I didn't think any of the matches were excellent honestly, Benoit v. MVP had too slow a start and the counters looked sloppy compared to their work at WM and Backlash. Punk's match was the best of the night (loved the super high Elijah Express), but even that started a bit slow. 17 minutes though, didn't expect that.

Batista's good PPV run ended here, as he was back to slow boring Dave. And I almost fell asleep in the Flair match, it was that crap.

Was I the only one who loved HBK's concussion selling? I thought it was awesome, though I hear it's been done before. Well, to fresh eyes it looked good.

It amazes me that there are some people who flat out defend Flair's matches no matter what. I've even heard various comments on the net of that being Carlito's "best match ever." Um, how? Because he did 10 minutes of meandering arm work that went nowhere and didn't mean shit since he has no arm based finisher, nor did it impair Flair from chopping him with the OTHER arm. Or from putting on the Figure 4.

Note the difference: Carlito did 10 minutes of arm work for no real reason. Flair did about 2 minutes of leg work that immediately led to the Figure 4 because he has an actual finisher that involves the legs.

Carlito's best match would probably be one of the 3 ways with Shelton and Nitro. One on one is a bit tougher....how about Carlito vs. RVD in the first round of the #1 contender tourney?

Flair hasn't had a good straight wrestling match since his match with Triple H like 4 years ago. That abortion of a match with Angle where he was falling all over the place was sad. His TLC with Edge was shockingly good, although blood & bumps. That shitty, slow ECW match with Big Show was sloppy as hell and really fake looking.

The Flair/Carlito match on the PPV might not be his best match in WWE so far, but it was quite notable for the guy. I can't really explain what it was, but he showed a certain streak of personality in that match, he came off like he was really busting his ass trying to beat Ric Flair. I've never seen this exact thing in Carlito before this match. I loved his dropkick to Flair's arm against the post on the outside of the ring.

I don't see how you can't see the good in the match, not only because of Carlito but also because of Flair. He sold that arm like the champ that he is. A lot of guys, and I'm looking right at Batista when I say this, could learn a lot just by watching Ric Flair in this single match.

And speaking of Batista, he just keeps getting worse. When that moron doesn't have the title, he's always pissed about it and you can tell just by the way that he works his matches. He looked so stiff, so horrible in that match with Edge. I can only hope that the Edge/Batista program wont last much longer. Maybe they can have another match at ONS, and have Mark Henry do his number on Batista to lead to Edge beating him once again. You don't see how anyone can defend Flair? Well, I sure can't see how anyone can defend Batista anymore.

Batista is the new Lex Luger.

No I can see people defending Flair when his match is really solid and he does more than chop or get beat up. My point wasn't that Flair's selling was subpar last night (it was fine) but that the arm work itself was pointless since it didn't factor into the finish at all, nor does Carlito have a finisher that justifies the arm work. If Chris Benoit did this it'd make sense because he'd be setting up the Crossface.

Batista is a very hot and cold worker. He and Orton are quite similar in that respect. When both are close to getting buried or jobbed out they bear down and have a good match, but when unmotivated they are both pretty tough to watch. After his excellent series with UT I'll give him a bit more than 1 match with Edge before I say he's gone back to being totally useless.

Congrats to Chris Benoit for being the longest reigning US Champion at 222 days since the title was reinstated, beating Orlando Jordan's record of 173 days.

Congrats to Chris Benoit for being the longest reigning US Champion at 222 days since the title was reinstated, beating Orlando Jordan's record of 173 days.

I still can't believe OJ had the title that long. He never really did anything with it, never elevated him....but it did give JBL's cabinent another title, so I guess it did have some purpose.