TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Toxxic

Tomko - TNA's Batista?

Wasn't there supposed to be this great, new gimmick 3D was due to come in with? Instead we've been getting nothing but the same old. I wish we could at least see a heel turn or something here against the Steiners who seem to be the clear favorites after showing them up on the mic.

And it's real easy to call a WCW guy a reject and it's an association that's far more harmful than recently washing out with WWE. It's nothing against Sting especially since he's pretty much beloved and may be one of a few that's immune to this, but there is that whole thing about, you know, WCW being totally awful in its last couple years, being sold off for bottom dollar and then buried, not to mention it being so long after the fact. It's an association that does no good for anyone at this point besides someone like Sting, or Flair, which is why I don't get TNA being so insistent on guys like Tenay and Jarrett.

Anyway, Tomko definitely has that vibe. I don't know if it's there as much as it was with Batista, but it's definitely there. If the retards in Orlando can back a big dude with a tramp stamp like Hoyt they can definitely buy into Tomko as Batista Lite.

I can see Tomko having enough of Christian and his buddy AJ and he leaves the group, they start to beat him down and out runs Albert (or whatever he would go by) to save him. AJ/Christian then feud with Tomko/Albert. That's another solid tag team in the division and two guys who have gotten better since going over to Japan.

Not to sound crazy, but Albert actually deserves better. And he needs to come in as the Great Bernard, and play up his Japan run rather than his WWE run.

Not to sound crazy, but Albert actually deserves better. And he needs to come in as the Great Bernard, and play up his Japan run rather than his WWE run.

I didn't remember his name from Japan. I was just saying, since they tagged in Japan it would be too bad an idea. Plus it puts him in a main event level feud right from the start. It also pads the tag team division as I stated.

Im just not sure Tomko is going to shake the whole Stevie Richards dressed as a girl storyline. Long time fans will more than likely assosiate him with that for the rest of his carear.

I don't know about that. Did you hear the pop he got when he came out last night. The fans were into him. They even chanted his name. I know he was going up against the heel AJ Styles, but I think he has something that the fans can get behind. Like someone stated, Hoyt got over so why not Tomko, he has more talent and more of a personality.

Tomko is definitely getting over with the crowd. All they need is a spectacular face turn, whether he turns against Christian or gets royally screwed over/beatdown ala Abyss.

He may be getting past the Orlando crowd, but to the general audience, he'll always be that WWE jober.

Now, i'm not saying i agree with that, because Ive really enjoyed his work in TNA so far, and i feel that he could be a star if pushed correctly, its just gonna take a lot of work to shake of his previous pushes.

Im just not sure Tomko is going to shake the whole Stevie Richards dressed as a girl storyline. Long time fans will more than likely assosiate him with that for the rest of his carear.

For what it's worth, I'd completely forgotten that. Besides, didn't he kick Stevie's arse anyway?

Yeah, but it was one of the worst segments ive ever seen on a wrestling show.

I'll give you that, but i for one had forgotten that it was Tomko involved.