TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Niggardly King

Sarah Connor Chronicles

Wait wait wait....Summer Glau is a Terminator? Oh hell, I am there now.

From mentally messed up war machine to mentally sex crazed girl (The Unit) to a Terminator. That is one hell of a list of roles right there.

Now HERE is the problem I already have with the show. John's last encounter with the Terminators was according to himself in T3, was with the Arnold one in T2. So either he forgot this nice large chunk of his life where he and his mom are fighting Terminators (while she has cancer no less) or we are headed into Enterprise style re-imagining of a universe that'll eventually not make any sense.

Despite that, Summer as a freakin TERMINATOR!

Well, i appear to be the only one who thought that looked shit.

And when that chick from Firefly said, "come with me if you want to live" i fucking pissed myself laughing.

It has definately got me interested... The only thing that bugged me was the name, The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Surely that could have come up with something better than that?

And when that chick from Firefly said, "come with me if you want to live" i fucking pissed myself laughing.

Yeah, that line was cheesy sounding. Must every action show/film use that exact line?

Yeah, that line was cheesy sounding. Must every action show/film use that exact line?

No...but it's a staple of the Terminator mythos, so it'd make sense to use it in the show.

Also, in keyfabe terms, werent all the T-800's based around Arnie, thats why they all looked the same.

This dude is a T-800 and looks nothing like him.

Well, might be a T-850 or 900 or whatever.

At any rate, it looks alright, aside from line of complete stupidity, but I won't be watching. I can deal with the new Terminator, and the new John, but I won't be able to watch this damn thing without thinking about Linda Hamilton.

A wonder if this show and upcoming T4 will make T3 the alternate past or something? 2GOLD hit it right on the head with the Enterprise line.

Well, might be a T-850 or 900 or whatever.

Even if it is an updated model, why would they send back a lesser model than the T-1000. Thats why they sent him back didnt they? The T-800 couldn't get the job done.

I used to love The Terminator (the first one, i can just about stand the 2nd one, but John Conner is a annoying and i still dont buy into Terminators as heroes.) But now, with the 3rd one, the new 4th one and this awful looking TV series, its really tainted my affection for the orginal film.

Oh c'mon, its flawed to fuck storyline wise, the acting is just below par, john conner is the most irritating character to enter onto a film screen, he tried to turn a NON-STOP KILLING MACHINE into a human being. Bullshit.

And to re-iterate my point, I dont like the Terminator being the good guy, i prefered the "man vs machine" angle of the first film.

Look, im not saying its a bad film, I just think the first film is 100% better.

The only problem I have is sunday at 9..they couldnt find a better timeslot?

Which is right after Simpsons and Family Guy, right? That's a damn good timeslot, if you ask me.

American Dad at 7:30 after KOTH...they might as well just burn off all of the new episodes of American Dad in the fall and go with something else at 7:30. I wonder how much they'll have to tone AD down for that timeslot?

I can already see the "Its American Dad..it sucks, who cares?" comments coming but Ive liked AD more than FG this year.

I really shouldnt care because this has "3 eps or less" written all over it.

for once I agree with Marvin...as interesting as the Terminator universe is and the potential it has, I can't see this show lasting. I think a full blown series is just way too much.

Come on now. Don't you compare a show that the lead actor was Sticky fucking Fingas with one that has the Queen from 300.

for what it's worth, Sticky Fingaz wasn't even the main thing wrong with that show. It had a shitty supporting cast, strayed too far away from what made the movie fun, hell it barely featured Blade himself.

for what it's worth, Sticky Fingaz wasn't even the main thing wrong with that show. It had a shitty supporting cast, strayed too far away from what made the movie fun, hell it barely featured Blade himself.

No, that was the pilot. After the pilot, Blade became a pretty big staple. Although he was still playing backseat to the breasts of Jill Wagner and Jesse Gower. The pilot killed that series dead, which is a shame because it got really good after that.

And the show is already a gaggle of errors. If it had come before T3 was released, I think it could have been huge. Now it's just going to confuse the hell out of Terminator fans since they will do what they want to try and grab ratings.

Saw the Pilot to this and thought it was ok. Sat through the whole thing and was pretty entertained, will definitely watch it when it comes out.

The only thing this has going for it so far is they used the theme although it was short.

I dont know how you can do a TV series based on what happens between a 2nd and 3rd movie because theres no drama to it.

Unfortunately it will get its entire run since its fucking subbing for 24 and they have nothing else to show but I cant see a 2nd season happening.

No, that was the pilot. After the pilot, Blade became a pretty big staple. Although he was still playing backseat to the breasts of Jill Wagner and Jesse Gower. The pilot killed that series dead, which is a shame because it got really good after that.

Agree 100%. Pilot was awful, incredibly boring and barely featured Blade. The series itself was good. I'm a sucker for good genre shows. Blade was one of my favorite shows of the past few years, it's too bad the pilot was such an awful piece of shit.

Presumably the question of "Is it possible to have sex with a Terminator?" will not be answered on this show.

So they sent a Terminator who was inferior to T1000 in this episode.. smooth thinking.

And they sent a Terminator who can't figure out when cars are coming right at him. Smooth.

Did Skynet blow it's budget on T1000?