TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Niggardly King

Sarah Connor Chronicles

Ok.. so apparently you can't take objects through time, but there is a TIME MACHINE AND GUNS in a bank vault in 1999.

I think they explained that they sent someone back and they built all the guns and time machine out of 1963 parts and equipment.

Ok.. so apparently you can't take objects through time, but there is a TIME MACHINE AND GUNS in a bank vault in 1999.

I think they explained that they sent someone back and they built all the guns and time machine out of 1963 parts and equipment.

Good thing they sent that guy with the tattoo list of how to make guns and a time machine.

And the Terminator they sent back has some depth perception problems

Decent episode...I still don't know how they can sustain a good story for logner than a season.

Perhaps John Connor does need to knock up Cameron Phillips.

Hey, it would make some sense to try to get at least to second base in John's situation.

It's been pretty entertaining for the most part. Apparently T3 happened outside of continuity.

Yes sir.

From wikipedia:

In a June 20, 2007 interview, Friedman said the show will avoid the "Terminator of the Week" plot device and that Sarah, John, and Cameron will have other threats than just Terminators. Skynet will also come into play as the series progresses. Furthermore, Friedman stated that the events of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines occur in an alternate timeline from that of the TV series.

T3 sucked ass and I'm glad they're ignoring it.

The only problem I have is that John Conner had an emo hair cut in 1999.

I was entertained enoughed to watch Monday.

I dunno, this had its share of problems. The TV-sized budget obviously wasn't helping, it seems like they blew their entire wad on the first five minutes. Was not impressed by the It Was Just A Dream Sequence (ARRGH) or the "wizard did it" contrived way they got the story to take place in 2007 yet still feature a teenage John and a young Sarah. Plus, the annoying "Part 3? WHAT part 3?!" retconning seems like an exercise in pure fanboy pettiness.

In fact, a really young Sarah. Like, suspiciously young. Lena Headey looks like she's barely hit 30, and not nearly old enough to have a kid who looks as old as John does here. Plus, there's no way around it, in this pilot I simply didn't buy her as Sarah Connor. It doesn't help that Linda Hamilton set such a high standard in the second movie, but I simply didn't believe that this woman was anything but a soccer mom who'd strayed from her suburb. Maybe she'll get better as the series progresses, I hope so, but as it stands it seems like a horrible case of miscasting.

Not to be all pessimistic, because if nothing else, there's always the Rivernator (rawr!). But even as a big fan of the movies, I probably am not going to bother skipping Raw to watch this.

I kind of dug it. I liked the part outside of the school where Sarah realizes The Terminator doesn't know where John is and tries to kill herself (holds the gun to her head). Things like that are what they need to get this new Sarah over, she won't get to Linda Hamilton levels, but it's a good way to get her some credit.

Saw the first part, I thought it was enjoyable but there are a lot of flaws that hopefully get better and I hope it survives.

With that said, I don't see it surviving past this season or next, which is a shame because if it could go to a 4th season (2011) you could have the ultimate (or sad) guestspot.

I have never seen any of the Terminator movies (!), but I enjoyed the show and will continue watching it. The only way I could see myself missing it as of now would be if Heroes returns in the same time slot.

Presumably this episode won't involve the Connors fighting a flying Terminator skull.

And Summernator is also not aware of moving cars. Must be a bug in the system. My theory is that SkyNet doesn't feel like sending another T1000 to wipe out Connor. Send like two T1000s and he's a goner.

8:25 update- The Connors enlist the help of Latino Michael Vick to stop the undead skeleton Terminator

8:31 update - Is John Connor gonna have to randomly assault Charley Olson?

So far through the first two episodes I'd say the show is entertaining and worth watching, but nothing ground-breaking yet.

As far as them sending a lesser model then the T-1000 back in time, I think it could easily be explained that there just isn't an abundance of T-1000s walking around to send back. Maybe they take more time and effort to build. I mean they already have said so far that there are plenty of lesser and "dumber" machines then even the T-500 model, roaming around searching for random leads on the trail of the Connors, so since we have yet to see a movie that takes place during the future war, we really don't know if the T-1000 was a more rare model, or if there are just tons of them walking around the place.

It's no different then the resistence sending back small groups of people to plant things and help along the way, rather then sending back hundreds of hacked T-500s.

I'd imagine in the middle of the war between machines and humans, that it is kind of hard to always send back in time the best possible candidate, so they kind of send what they have available when they are available.

The biggest problem I have with the series so far though is the acting, I mean it isn't insane bad or anything, but it is kind of cheesy. Really, anytime Dean Winters is on screen you kind of hope to yourself he gets a lot more screen time before the episode is over because his acting skills pretty much blow away everyone else in the entire show.

Oh and regarding Blade: The Series; Fuck the haters. That show was damn good by the time the series came to a close. Unless the budget was too high or something, there is no way it shouldn't have got a second season, especially on a network like Spike. If I remember correctly, the ratings did climb throughout the season, and there was plenty of cliffhander scenarios for a second season. I am just kind of pissed it didn't get a second season because very few series feature the best stuff in the 1st season.......oh and not to mention all the vampire lesbianism...lol~! :wub:

Perhaps by the time SkyNet perfected the T-1000, the humans had won the war and were on the verge of shutting them down and Robert Patrick was their last ditch effort to kill John? Maybe there aren't any other T-1000s to send?

I know the T-X was supposed to be a superior model, but was it really? It almost seemed like an in-between point from the T-800 to the T-1000.

I just hope the next time we get a hot female terminator, she isn't designed with special hair that falls over and completely covers her breasts.

Can't believe I didn't catch this, someone else pointed it out. They broke one of the major rules, nothing inorganic is supposed to be able to go through the time vortex or whatever it's called...but the skull of the terminator went through without any skin on it

Perhaps by the time SkyNet perfected the T-1000, the humans had won the war and were on the verge of shutting them down and Robert Patrick was their last ditch effort to kill John? Maybe there aren't any other T-1000s to send?

I know the T-X was supposed to be a superior model, but was it really? It almost seemed like an in-between point from the T-800 to the T-1000.

Maybe, but it's probably because the T-1000 didn't pull something random and insane out its ass. It stuck to the movie/character's own internal logic fairly well.

T-X could do anything T3's shitty writing called for it to be able to do, except when you needed a reason for the movie to actually continue.

Can't believe I didn't catch this, someone else pointed it out. They broke one of the major rules, nothing inorganic is supposed to be able to go through the time vortex or whatever it's called...but the skull of the terminator went through without any skin on it

The rule's been called into question ever since T2, with excuses for T-1000 supposedly arriving via something like a "skin bag" or somehow being so advanced it passed for "living." However, T2 never mentioned it one way or the other, I don't think. Did SCC ever address it directly?

So did anyone else watch it last night?

I think the show is getting better, and I really like how they are starting to incorporate Skynet in it's infancy into the show.

I actually have been enjoying this series so far. The acting, while not awesome, has been better than I expected, and there's been some good plot twists that have worked. I'll keep watching, for now. Actually, somewhat surprised at the amount of gore they've been able to get away with, too.

Wait wait wait....Summer Glau is a Terminator? Oh hell, I am there now.

From mentally messed up war machine to mentally sex crazed girl (The Unit) to a Terminator. That is one hell of a list of roles right there.

Now HERE is the problem I already have with the show. John's last encounter with the Terminators was according to himself in T3, was with the Arnold one in T2. So either he forgot this nice large chunk of his life where he and his mom are fighting Terminators (while she has cancer no less) or we are headed into Enterprise style re-imagining of a universe that'll eventually not make any sense.

Despite that, Summer as a freakin TERMINATOR!

I believe this series retcons T3 out of existence. The terminator tells Srah in the second episode I believe that they jumped past her death.