TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Niggardly King

Sarah Connor Chronicles

Why the hell did that scientist shut the bathroom door when Cromarte in Terminator form put his hand out to give him the tape recorder? I know Cromarte took his eyes, but I just did not get the scene where he disrobed in front of the bathtub at all. What the hell was going on there?

Why the hell did that scientist shut the bathroom door when Cromarte in Terminator form put his hand out to give him the tape recorder? I know Cromarte took his eyes, but I just did not get the scene where he disrobed in front of the bathtub at all. What the hell was going on there?

I think maybe that scientist is responsible for figuring out how to make living tissue able to thrive on a terminator exo-skeleton. The Terminator was all busted up going into that scene and when he comes out of bathtub of blood it seems like he has brand new skin. Maybe!?!

State of the Union was on tonight during the show's normal timeslot.

Yeah, on pretty much every other broadcast channel. But it wasn't on Fox.

I think some Fox affiliates did show it. According to my program guide it was on my local Fox. I just never actually flipped it to Fox to check for sure.

I think maybe that scientist is responsible for figuring out how to make living tissue able to thrive on a terminator exo-skeleton. The Terminator was all busted up going into that scene and when he comes out of bathtub of blood it seems like he has brand new skin. Maybe!?!

I got that part, but the first time Cromarte disrobes and is just full on skeleton, he reaches his hand out as if to say "Give me the tape recorder" and the scientist shuts the door behind him. It made absolutely no sense and I just can't figure what was going on there as there was no verbal communication.

I got that part, but the first time Cromarte disrobes and is just full on skeleton, he reaches his hand out as if to say "Give me the tape recorder" and the scientist shuts the door behind him. It made absolutely no sense and I just can't figure what was going on there as there was no verbal communication.

Oh....umm. Good question. Maybe since the Terminator was planning on killing the scientist who basically invented that process, he wanted to record the event for future use or something....I dunno, to maybe document what was taking place....!?!

I'm still digging it. Loved this weeks episode. For a show with the premise that JOHN CONNOR MUST NOT DIE, they did a pretty nice job of putting him in legit danger. I also dig the notion that Skynet might be trying to build it's army before it's even come into existence.

I'm still digging it. Loved this weeks episode. For a show with the premise that JOHN CONNOR MUST NOT DIE, they did a pretty nice job of putting him in legit danger. I also dig the notion that Skynet might be trying to build it's army before it's even come into existence.

Yeah, despite reports of declining ratings, I actually think the show is getting better as it goes along. This week's episode built a lot of tention, and I think the transition between John Conner the kid on the run with his mom, and John Connor the leader of the resistence is starting to show. Skynet are some crafty muthafuckas.

Great episode tonight; possibly the best yet. Next week looks to be even better.

Yeah, the previews for next week make it seem like there is a lot to cover in a one hour timeslot(considering commercial breaks and all)

That first episode was REALLY iffy on quality but damn did the following 2 episodes make up for it. Ok, I'm liking this now. Too bad about the ratings.

Its got ratings about even with Prison Break and it has a strong hold on that audience. It might be ok. But there is no doubt they are disappointed since they promoted it like hell and it's not gaining a foothold.

Unfortunately with the geek fanbase, Fox has no one to blame but itself. I like Sarah Connor, but I don't trust them to be smart enough to actually... y'know, keep the show on long enough to work. I'm still pissed about Firefly and Drive.

The answer is to clearly have Fillion in as Papa Reese.

That will help them cancel this faster.

I saw the last episode. It was good. Summer Glau is hot. I don't get why she had to keep driving the prison carrier really fast while there was a fight in the back. It's not like anyone was chasing her. Seemed rather gratuitous. If they're doing that, why not light the truck on fire and heading towards a cliff, then?

So tonight's episode was pretty good, more stuff was revealed about Reese. Also, the terminator chick looks like she might be up to more than meets the eye since she kept the T-500's cell processor. We also got a fair amount of footage from the future and the origin of the time-travel device. Of course, it could be for kosher reasons and the writers are just trying to string us along. I am trying to figure out if Reese and his partners had plans of their own when they went back in time or if they were following orders. The way the show was edited, it made it seem like they kind of decided to do their own thing and try to put a stop to skynet themselves, rather then merely go back to setup safehouses for the Connors.

The scene's for the show next week look pretty awesome, with some possible major plot-points to be revealed and/or twisted.

Some spoilers for this week here....

Finally caught this week's on the DVR. I really liked this one. I like that they're apparently embracing the expansive nature of a story that's essentially about people fucking with time to save the future. I really thought for a second that we'd see Future John Connor, but that was a great little fake out. I hadn't realized that Brian Austin Green was playing Uncle Reese - he's doing a really good job.

I really also love Bear McCreary's music. His Battlestar Galactica stuff is incredible every time, and letting him play with the original Terminator themes is something I'd have come up with in a fanboy dream about a Terminator TV series.

Here's a Terminator related question that came to mind, and I figured that this would be the best place to ask it:

Should the Connors succeed in ending Skynet and preventing Judgment Day...wouldn't that prevent John from being born?

After all, Reese only came back in time from the destroyed future...and if they prevent that destroyed future from happening.

So Dr. Silverman is now in the same looney-bin he had Conner commited to....haha. The show has taken some interesting turns and next week is the two hour season finale. I hope the show gets renewed if only for the fact that I hate when shows like this that have a unique idea for where the story/plot can go, and then we don't get to see how it turns out....well and the fact that I like the show...

Yeah I like it too, they started to do a little too much of characters referencing T2's events. If they mixed it better it would be fine, but they did it separately in like 3-4 different scenes at least.

So, anyone else catch the season finale? I thought the "big ending" was a little underwhelming, especially since most of the violence was off-screen. I hope the show gets picked up for a second season.