TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Niggardly King

Sarah Connor Chronicles

The scene where Cromarte took out all the feds with "When the Man Comes Around" playing was pretty nice. I really liked Derek's present to John on his birthday and thought that was one hell of a moment. The ending, though, who cares? Like a simple car explosion would even scare anyone into thinking Cameron was in trouble?

I liked the ending. Which was good cause I was only so-so on the rest of the season.

And for a show I kinda like...I could care less for the Sarah and John characters

Garbage lead singer Shirley Manson has been cast as a series regular for next season. She will play Catherine Weaver, the head of a high-tech software firm.

I don't know about her acting ability but Shirley in anything will earn it a place on the DVR and my regular viewing schedule

Garbage lead singer Shirley Manson has been cast as a series regular for next season. She will play Catherine Weaver, the head of a high-tech software firm.

I don't know about her acting ability but Shirley in anything will earn it a place on the DVR and my regular viewing schedule

Agreed.

I liked the first episode back, lots of really good action. Still don't think Shirley Manson on the show will do anything for me though.

And I am going to get tired of the non stop

David: "She's bad, you gotta get rid of her."

John: "Nooooo"

Bad news guys:

Endofshow.com

Summer Glau - "Terminator SCC" Tv Series may be cancelled !

Wednesday 8 October 2008, by Webmaster

EXCLUSIVE: Terminator gets, yes, terminated.

A source on “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles” has told End Of Show that no new episode scripts have been ordered by FOX, beyond the 13 already written. This will force the show to shut down production shortly. ”To say we’re on the brink of cancelation is polite”, our source says.

Normally, when a show shuts production it is not announced to the media — an example is 2007’s FOX series “Drive”, which closed production 2 days after the first episode aired but was not announced in Variety for a further 9 days as cancelled. This is because a network doesn’t want an audience to turn off whilst the remaining episodes are aired. In the end, Fox opted not to air several produced episodes of “Drive”, replacing it with House repeats. (Which rated higher). The episodes eventually aired online via FOX’s Myspace portal.

Our source tells us the cast contracts expire in short order, which means producing a 13 episode series this year and then returning next Fall is not an option due to the cost of renewing the cast and not producing episodes. Additionally, it does not make finance sense to return when a series is averaging just over 5 million viewers.

T:SCC premiered January of this year with 18.6 million viewers — which set a record for FOX at the time — and promptly fell to an average of 11.4 million for the series. Monday’s episode clocked just 5.53 million viewers, putting the show in absolute freefall, with just 5% of the 18-49 demographic. “Audiences just aren’t responding to the show,” a Fox source tells SyFy Portal. “Our biggest surprise are the 18-to-49s [a key advertising demographic], those numbers are in the toilet.”

Ratings to date (seasons one plus two)

The ratings now fall in line with FOX’s “Drive”, which as mentioned ceased production almost immediately and stopped airing shortly after. T:SCC is a fairly expensive show to produce, and additionally wasn’t produced with sister studio 20th Century Fox. The show had significant marketing weight thrown behind it in January, using the budget allocated for “24″ (which was pushed back a year) for a widespread marketing campaign.

Taking over the timeslot from January, FOX have penciled in Joss Whedon’s upcoming drama “Dollhouse“.

Update: Tuesday, October 7th. The show fell to a Nielsen rating of 3.7/6 in the overnights. It has now left the air for baseball, currently scheduled to return on Tuesday 20th October.

Was this put into the same timeslot as Drive? Because if it was, then maybe Fox should realize that that particular timeslot is death for shows. And that would also mean that I'll be waiting to watch Dollhouse, as The Complete Series would be released on DVD only about a year after it airs.

No, just leave this show on dammit! :(

I don't understand why there's no love for this. I've really enjoyed pretty much every aspect of the show thus far.

I enjoy it too, though the flashback episode with Cameron was really bad.

I also wish Derek would just punch Sarah Connor in the face, since every episode she threatens to kill him if he screws up.

They should at least keep the show on for another season, to see if it gets any bump from T4

I enjoy the show, but it doesn't seem as enjoyable as last year.

I really disliked the episode about the nuclear reactor, and the stories don't feel like they're going anywhere and the plots aren't particularly that different from week to week.

I don't know if it's the timeslot that is hurting it at all really, 24 used to be on that slot and held up pretty solidly.

As far as it goes with me, I was into about half of the first season, then just got a bit bored/confused with it when I missed a few episodes, so I just bypassed the rest of the season, up until they aired the marathon repeats this summer, so I got all caught up (and was really impressed with the storylines bridging old characters and previous mythologies of the Terminator films). This season, I've been watching it religiously, and I think it's actually been much better than last season as a whole. So not really getting why its ratings are falling. They even tried marketing it with some Dodge truck promotion this week with limited commercials, and apparently the drop is still happening.

I just hope that if its just 13 episodes this season, that they have accounted for the possibility of this being the end and they tie up everything properly. If T4 does strong next summer, its possible they may consider another season, too, but possibly on a different timeslot and/or maybe even moving it to FX or something.

I think the strike just hurt the momentum of the show

Do you think that happened a lot?

It will be interesting to see how the strike affects 24 when it comes back on finally. That one seemed to take the largest hiatus hit from everything with it.

Have all of the 13 scripts been produced? Or are there unfilmed scripts just sitting around.

I'm betting the show won't be back after the baseball playoffs.

And, more importantly, where am I going to get my Summer Glau fix?

Well this comes as a pleasant surprise:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...5ee915648d4cab3

Fox picks up 'Terminator' season

By James Hibberd

Oct 18, 2008, 12:03 AM ET

Fox has picked up "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" for a full season.

The network has ordered the back nine episodes of the show's second season from Warner Bros., sources say.

The sci-fi series has garnered a relatively modest rating on Monday nights this fall. Its most recent episode was seen by 5.7 million viewers, garnering a 2.3 rating in adults 18-49 and a 6 share, tying NBC's "Chuck" in the 8 p.m. time period.

Fox's overall ratings tend to significantly increase after the first of the year, powered by "American Idol." Network executives may believe the drama's audience will grow once the overall Fox tide rises.

The network earlier picked up a full season order of "Fringe" and has "Dollhouse" planned for midseason, both fellow sci-fi shows.

Good show tonight, but it felt like a huge chunk of the episode was missing, such as why Cameron and Derek went to Mexico.

Good show tonight, but it felt like a huge chunk of the episode was missing, such as why Cameron and Derek went to Mexico.

Cameron was standing behind Derek and she saw the number come up on his phone when John called. Then she called it, and somebody answered speaking Spanish. Maybe Cameron speaks Spanish? Or they traced the number?

Everyone still watching? It seems Det.(former) Ellis is playing both sides at the moment, of course he doesn't know Shirley Manson is Terminator. The next episode is going to reveal a bunch as it looks like the Terminator's CPU chip is introduced for the first time.....