TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

The 2007 Stanley Cup Finals

Nightwing comes right out of the gate and smacks down the smarmy little bitch? We haven't had such a meteoric rise here in ages. I love this guy, even if he's a Detroit fan.

Oh George's Box, where did we go wrong?

Now you guys see why I hate the Ducks. They are gutless.

I hope their piece of shit hockey operation gets thumped for the rest of the series.

Awesome game for the Senators. They controlled the puck throughout the game and crashed the net hard. Also, they finally stood up to Anaheim's chippy bullshit and got physical when they need to. They've definitely got what it takes to win this series.

Look I'll admit that I'm a Ducks homer and that Ottawa deserved the game, but that was some awful officiating. The non call for the hook by Emery in the first not to mention that soccer goal by Alfredsson. Sitting in the Honda Center watching them review that I was thinking "watch they're gonna fuck this up and give it to the Sens".

Also, I expect that Pronger will get suspended for the hit and it will go 6

Pronger should be gone at least two. This is the second offense in what? 6 games? He's a big guy, yes, but he's also responsible for his elbows. McAmmond didn't run into that elbow.

I couldn't see the Pronger hit from where I was sitting. I'm going to have to try and catch highlights on SportsCentre tomorrow morning.

What an awesome game, though. I may have hearing damage. I definitely have an awfully sore throat. The first half of the game, the mood was pretty tense as the Sens played a lot like they did in the first two games, but the disallowed goal that was overturned completely shifted the momentum, for the team and the crowd. You should've seen the crowd outside of Scotiabank Place after the game -- it was a madhouse. Cheering, yelling, pompoms waving, horns honking...it was like the win over Buffalo all over again.

When you're down 2-0, it's tough. You have to fight to prove that you belong. That top line of Ottawa just wanted it more tonight. The Ducks are gonna have to be more aggresive at the blue line, and keep the penalties in check. The Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy to win in sports.

Fuck Pronger. That elbow was atrocious. Piece of shit deserves to be kicked out for a few after that. Fucking ref was standing right there too.

I can't believe on HNIC Don Cherry was defending him with that 'oh he's a big guy and he was pushing him with his arm' shit.

Guest Vitamin X

Wow, I just saw that Pronger clip and it was really ridiculous. He should be out for 2 games minimum.

I'm happy that Ottawa showed up to play tonight. CChris, I can't imagine the feeling of actually being there tonight, must've been fantastic. This is exactly what's wrong with Anaheim winning the Stanley Cup- no one will give a shit, not even close to the elation Ottawa fans will feel if they win the Cup. It just means so much more to them. Face it- the only sport that L.A. gets riled up for is basketball, and even if Anaheim doesn't count as L.A., they'll still like the Clippers or whatever BF team they like in orange county. Oh, they've got the Angels too. Good for them. But the Ducks have never been a huge draw, I don't care how many games they sold out this year because their history over the years hasn't been kind to them in that regard. Fuck em.

Here's hoping Ottawa takes at least the next two games, and has a chance to finish it at home.

Repeat offender in less than a month?

Gone for series. No need for that shit in hockey.

A double post. That's pretty ironic given the post's context, isn't it?

I almost got lost coming home from Gatineau last night because they closed off a bunch of downtown Ottawa after the game. Fuck the Sens.

I think Pronger ends up only getting 1 game. The league won't want to make it seem like they decided the series by getting rid of one of the best players on the ice for an extended period of time. If this is regular season or even the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, he probably gets at least 2, though.

Ducks' Pronger suspended for one game

NHL.com Jun 3, 2007, 1:52 PM EDT

OTTAWA -- Anaheim Ducks defenseman Chris Pronger has been suspended for Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final for a blow to the head of Ottawa Senators center Dean McAmmond Saturday night.

The incident occurred at 2:01 of the third period. No penalty was assessed.

“A variety of factors were considered in reaching this decision," said NHL Senior Executive Vice President and Director of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell. "Mr. Pronger used his forearm to deliver a forceful hit to the head of his opponent. Also, his actions caused injury to his opponent."

Pronger also was suspended previously for delivering a blow to the head of Detroit's Tomas Holmstrom in the Western Conference Final.

Pronger will be eligible to return for Game 5, Wednesday at Anaheim.

One I can deal with and yes I agree with treble that because this is the final it wasn't as stiff as it should have been. Hopefully the Ducks can win like they did against Detroit without him.

Also, Kunitz is back out again with a lower body injury.

UndertakerHart, where were you sitting at Honda?

This isn't a charity. "Give it to Ottawa, they'll appreciate it more!" Screw that.

I don't live in Anaheim, so I can't speak for them, but I think most of them know where hockey's place is in their lives. Of course there's no deep-rooted tradition, where it's life or death with every game. This is simply one more entertainment option amongst many, and I have absolutely no problem with that.

Guest George's Box

Nobody's saying "give it" to Ottawa because they'll appreciate it more. We just want Ottawa to win because they'll appreciate it more. Different.

Don't act like Ottawa is some type of innocent victim in this Chris Pronger deal. Outside of Sean Avery, Chris Neil is the biggest instigator in the NHL. He's already pulled his usual routine tonight.

Don't act like Ottawa is some type of innocent victim in this Chris Pronger deal. Outside of Sean Avery, Chris Neil is the biggest instigator in the NHL. He's already pulled his usual routine tonight.

neil4ex2.jpg

This pic is from the last game, but yeah.

That might be relevant if it was Neil that got elbowed in the head. Seriously, I don't get the point of this.

Fuck, typing with a broken finger is hard.

Pretty dominant first period for the Sens. Outshooting your opponent 13-2 is ridiculous. It's weird how the first two games, Anaheim was contolling everything and getting all of the chances, and everything's just completely reversed itself playing in Ottawa. It's not like this is basketball or something where home advantage is historically significant. If Ottawa plays anything like this the rest of the way though, I really like their chances.