TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Bring back forums.thesmartmarks.com

Apparently AdminBot decided to redirect forums.thesmartmarks.com to thesmartmarks.com/forums. Apparently the great computer doesn't realize that thesmartmarks.com is websensed while the subdomain is not.

Bring it back AdminBot.

This is a good point. I was wondering why typing in "fo" in the address bar didn't bring up forums.thesmartmarks.com. I can't be bothered to get used to typing in "th" as a shortcut, so let's get on that change eh?

Do work at work.

No one asked you. I asked AdminBot since you have no knowledge of technical things. And besides, my left pinky does more work in a day then you probably have in your life.

Guest George's Box
my left pinky does more work in a day then you probably have in your life.

His liver has you beat, though.

I am not changing things back, if you have bookmarks to the "forums.thesmartmarks.com" then great! they still work. You guys said no one visits the main page and traffic shows its declining, so the main page will soon be just the forums. You guys seriously need to stop finding things to complain about and just be happy with life... Go take a shot of some top shelf tequila or something!

Apparently AdminBot decided to redirect forums.thesmartmarks.com to thesmartmarks.com/forums. Apparently the great computer doesn't realize that thesmartmarks.com is websensed while the subdomain is not.

Bring it back AdminBot.

In English, what the hell are you saying? One is a sub domain the other isn't?

Bring it back AdminBot.

In English, what the hell are you saying? One is a sub domain the other isn't?

his work blocks the forums now as thesmartmarks.com/forums where it didnt when it was forums.thesmartmarks.com

thought that was obvious

He's saying that changing the URL used for accessing the forums - even on a redirect - can lead to users having their access to the site blocked by content-control software (such as Websense) at work/school/etc. I'm not familiar with Websense itself (my company has it's own proprietary nonsense), but I'm guessing that it's more likely for the site to be screened and attributed for offensive content off of a straight domain name, rather than the forums subdomain that we had before.

Ah, ok that makes alot more sense now. Besides him, does anyone else have that problem? I will look and see what I can do.

Maybe the day one of the non-wrestling folders outdoes the wrestling folder, things will get moved around, however in the meantime the wrestling folder rules over you pop culture fans.

And while you're at it, axe the wrestling folders too. It's time for the forums to go legitimate.

Pretty stupid thing to say, considering how often you post in those folders yourself.

Ah, ok that makes alot more sense now. Besides him, does anyone else have that problem? I will look and see what I can do.

I do, but then again, I won't have any use for the Seattle Public School district's computers in a couple of weeks anyway.

And while you're at it, axe the wrestling folders too. It's time for the forums to go legitimate.

Pretty stupid thing to say, considering how often you post in those folders yourself.

Dude, it was a joke.

Dude, it was a joke.

And it was fucking hilarious. I've been laughing for the last couple of hours. You kill me, you really do.

Guest Vitamin X
No, I don't have that problem. Kill off the front page for good, for all I care.

Agreed. This is a discussion site.

Maybe the day one of the non-wrestling folders outdoes the wrestling folder, things will get moved around, however in the meantime the wrestling folder rules over you pop culture fans.

How much more traffic do the wrestling folders really bring in over the rest? I'm curious.

The reason I ask is because the grand majority of people who come here regularly and are good posters post outside of the wrestling folders. I don't go into the wrestling folders much anymore, but I remember my opinion of TSM changing greatly once I moved beyond those folders- it's just full of shit in there.

I'd always been in favor of not really just eliminating them altogether, but downsizing them a tad and moving them away from the top portion of the site so it doesn't look like we're just all about wrestling. And do people even use the SWF and OAOAST anymore?

I don't understand why people rag on the wrestling folders so much. I don't see what makes them so terrible compared to any other wrestling forum on the 'net. I asked this elsewhere, but where is this totally awesome internet wrestling forum on the 'net that is so much better than TSM? I haven't seen one.

How much more traffic do the wrestling folders really bring in over the rest? I'm curious.

Dude, just look at the main page of the forums.

17,122 threads. 667871 replies. Nothing else on the board even comes close. NHB has like, barely a third of that. Hell, if you add up the entire pop culture folder, you only get about seven hundred something thousand replies, and that's comparing the entire pop culture section to *just* the WWE folder, not counting the other wrestling ones.