TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Jeff Jarrett's wife, Jill, passes away

from Dave Meltzer:

Jill Jarrett, the wife of Jeff, passed away last night.

While we don't have a lot of details, she had been battling cancer on-and-off for many years and her health issues had gotten worse over the past two months.

For the past many weeks, Jeff had been by her side virtually 24/7. When she was hospitalized, he had been practically living in the hospital, and when he had to do TVs, he would stay with her as long as possible, they fly from Nashville or Orlando, do his segments early, and then he would rush back that night.

While most in TNA were aware of her situation to a degree and could readily see what was happening, he only talked in detail to a few people, such as Don West, hence some of West's comments on the air on television. I think some could see this, but the first interview Jeff did on the air when he came back was very emotional for him, for Mike Tenay conducting it and for West at the desk.

Jeff has young children and being someone in that same situation, I could only imagine what he's been going through during this ordeal. I simply couldn't imagine anything that could be worse.

We send our deepest sympathies to Jeff and his children.

:(

That is awful news, i cant imagine how that must feel for him.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Jarrett Family.

Guest aaron24wood

With today being Owen's death as well, I honestly can't imagine how he feels at the moment.

Chilling that someone brought up Owen dying on May 23, 1999. I thought about it the other day, but didn't connect it with Jarrett off hand. After seeing Jarrett's interview on that PPV and how he was on the verge of breaking down, then his subsequent Owen Raw tribute, I can't ever view him as a heel on a wrestling show.

In an odd coincidence my grandmother died on May 23, 2003. Maybe it's a cursed day or something?

Yep, I really hate to hear this as well, obviously. I've heard for a good while now that JJ was dealing with illness in the family, but never bothered to really look into what exactly it was about. I hate to hear it was his wife with cancer. A second cousin of mine was just told that she only has 3-6 months after her cancer popped up again in various vital organs including her brain, so I know how it feels to go through this, although I can't imagine how it would be for a wife of mine.

Sad to hear.

The guy may not be the best worker but many condolences to him and the family.

So if he were a good worker, you'd give many *more* condolences? Strange place to say that.

This is really sad news. I can't say that I know what it's like to lose someone to that dreaded illness, and I hope I never find out, but I send my condolences to Jeff and his family. That really sucks!

The guy may not be the best worker

What does that have to do with anything?

I didn't want to say the same thing as Matt Young in my post, maybe it was just misinterpreted.

I've refrained from posting in this thread for obvious reasons. My cries of "fuck Jeff Jarrett" since mid-2003 until now are well-known to anybody who's frequented the TNA board often enough back then. This is different.

I don't know if anybody from TNA ever even browses TSM, and I highly doubt they do, but in the off-chance they do...this is a Jarrett-hater saying rest in peace. Maybe it's because my mother was diagnosed with lung, breast, and brain cancer in January (she has since had the brain cancer entirely removed, while the lung and breast are being treated), or maybe that added with the fact that the one blood-related aunt in my family that I actually care about also has cancer (breast, and its possible she may have to have the entire breast removed), or that my father's father has survived three types of cancer (colon, and two cases of mouth cancer). Whatever the reason, even if it's just that cancer is a horrible illness itself, I say this: my she rest in peace, and may Jeff find happiness in the business he's grown up in and given himself to over and over again.