TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nate

June WWE 24/7 Disscussion

MNW should have been until June 26th (it was just changed last week).

Edit: Hmm, I don't know if this is a recent change or not but the Sunflower cable site does list MNW as lasting until July 3rd. I'll check my menu later. The reason for the delay on the next MNW episode is probably because July will end up being a 5 week schedule (with the August schedule starting on Wednesday, August 1st). That's just a guess though.

other than the 07 Rumble, I just plain haven't had time to watch anything this past month. I'm sure I missed a lot of good shit. I doubt I can watch anything tonight and I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow and not returning home until the 30th...ah well...

Guest flairfan
ok looks like we just get a new Primetime (6/8/87) and ECW (11/19/95) which is ok because i need to catch up watchin No Way Out and Bloodsport Part 2, should someone start a thread for July's 24/7 theme

Done.

That Raven promo on ECW was interesting, with Dreamer attacking him in the middle of it and Raven finishing it, but not before knocking the backdrop down and revealing what appeared to be a hotel room.

I assume that's PE's last TV appearance for now too before having some epic matches with The Smoking Gunns.

Ok, but they really did have matches in the Fed around this time against the Smoking Gunns, hence the "Please Don't Go" chants, so I was wondering if they left, got fired, came back, then left for WCW OR if the Fed thing was just a try-out.

Ok, but they really did have matches in the Fed around this time against the Smoking Gunns, hence the "Please Don't Go" chants, so I was wondering if they left, got fired, came back, then left for WCW OR if the Fed thing was just a try-out.

Try-outs. They had two dark matches featuring Chris Benoit around the same time.

The Legends show is actually listed on the Sunflower schedule, and since that's the one my cable company seems to be following (no Legends or PYBOs on previous schedules matched the fact I wasn't getting them either), hopefully I'll be getting them again.

PTW is not generally a show you go to for the wrestling content, but my god, what an awful lineup. They're really bad about giving you the same match-ups multiple times. Maybe not necessarily the exact match, but the same pairings. And it's never anything that warranted another showing. Shadows/Stallions was boring the first time, why would I want to see it again the next week? And who the hell wants to see Frenchy Martin vs. Outback Jack once, let alone three times? I've had the channel for five weeks and have already seen that match three times.

I never noticed how so many of WCW's PPV bouts went on for so long. I may get blasted for it, but unless it's something real exceptional, I don't care for long matches. I know, I know, they build a story and blah, blah, blah, but I'm noticing a lot of the long matches don't necessarily do that. They're just long. That's dull to me.

One WCW match that didnt need to go long was Muta/Windham, from Superbawl 3. That match was boring as hell. I had to edit the hell out of it to make it decent. If they could not have come up with anything better than what they put on, theres no way they should have gone more than twenty minutes. With the talent in the ring, I would have bet anything that the match would have been at least 4****.