TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnny B Radd

OAO RAW Thread for 5/28

A Cena debate is for another time and place for me, as I don't watch enough WWE to begin with, let alone have WWE financial trends at my disposal.

On the other hand, I find it weird that twenty years from now, these kids may be at the bar in their middle to late twenties talking about the good old days where John Cena was king. Meanwhile, I'll be in my early forties with absolutely no time on my hands to watch wrestling. I'll flip it on one night to see Steph and Trips' baby headlining shows, somehow.

Is that really the only defense Cena haters have? That he's over with young kids (Which is essentially how WWE made money 20 years ago) and women? Despite every trend indicating they haven't lost their core fanbase which is generally 18-49 males. Don't judge the status of Cena's draw appeal by Canada.

I'm just giving my opinion........I personally am annoyed and tired of John Cena.........I think I'd like him alot more if he wasn't booked the way he is.

A few years ago I was totally sick of Steve Austin when he was doing that What shit........sure it was over with most people but my personal opinion was I didn't enjoy it.

I have a right to an opinion of who I like and don't like right?

It's not about if you like him or not, it's the detractors who persist that Cena is only over with young kids and girls despite that not being the case.

Man, that show seemed bland tonight. The RVD selljob (swan song?) to Orton was well done, but otherwise, nothing that stood out that much to me, although I thought the women's wet bikini battle royal was actually fun to check out.

Shut up Choken- WWE shows are better when they go to Canada, because usually the crowds are hot and passionate

The Nazis were passionate, too.

Shut up Choken- WWE shows are better when they go to Canada, because usually the crowds are hot and passionate

The Toronto crowds, they're a lot like Hitler

The Toronto crowds, they're a lot like Hitler

They hate Goldberg?

I hate when they go to Canada. It makes the Cena haters feel they have a valid point.

I LOVE when they go to Canada, purely for the crowd reactions. Having said that, us Cena haters don't need Canada to prove that Cena sucks. We already know.

they were selling buckets of water, towel shots and pool noodle shots (noodle shots, take that how you will) like death...that is all I have to say on that subject.

On the other hand, seeing Mickie in a two piece bikini was certainly exciting.

oh and Michelle McCool's belly to belly suplex, FTW!

oh yeah and Shane McMahon was able to subdue Cena for 5 minutes with a leg scissor...COME ON! AND he got the pin on Lashley..GIMME A BREAK! Stop putting this guy over people...he was fun 7, 8 years ago, but not anymore!

Only Rob would sell the RKO like a DDT. When it comes to overselling a finisher, Rob might be one of the best in the business.

that just looks ridiculous to me...I dunno, sure it looks nasty, bump-wise, but that's not what the move is supposed to do.

That ranks right up there with the Shawn Michaels Big Boot sell...however THAT sell is funny as shit.

that just looks ridiculous to me...I dunno, sure it looks nasty, bump-wise, but that's not what the move is supposed to do.

Oh I agree, it's hilariously bad. Rob managed to make it look really nasty but at the same time, completely laughable in every way. You can't teach a skill like that.

Hey guys, wasn't the point of the move that it was supposed to give RVD a concussion? You know, since Orton's whole gimmick now is he likes to give people concussions. How would Van Dam get a concussion from landing on his jaw like a normal RKO sell?

You gotta love this Orton concussion angle. It's the ideal way of having him take out a bunch of guys to build him up for HHH to squash, but yet Orton isn't really going over anyone. It's like "Hey dumbass...your opponent has a concussion and can't hardly move...PIN HIS ASS." I've always thought concussion angles were silly in wrestling. If a guy can't continue, it's easy enough to stop the match. It's called a 3 count.

I missed that Khali/Umaga interview bit. Was having modem troubles and was distracted. Sounds like it was pretty damn funny though. I did see the main event though. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this angle supposed to try to get Lashley over? I don't see how him jobbing to Vince AND Shane under any circumstances could be construed as getting a guy over.

That's not common knowledge. I doubt most fans would understand exactly why RVD received a concussion from landing on his face. For the angle to make sense, he needed to land on the top of his head. Now....should it have been an RKO that caused him to do this? No, probably not. It's an unrealistic sell. But is it his fault that it was booked this way? Of course not. For this angle, he sold the RKO the only way he could. To give it the normal sell on his face would have made the angle afterwards rather confusing. He did what he could with the angle he was given.