TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

Michael Vick's "Dog Fight" Investigation

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

I don't think they'll be worse than 8-8, actually. Instead of the rewards and liabilities that came with a quarterback like ol' Ookie, they'll just be an average team, which they were before, anyway.

The falcons weren't a average team before. They sucked. They are about to suck to hell and back again.

They had a offense built around Vicks abilities. They now have a QB that doesn't have the arm or the athletism. I am picking them to go around 4-12 or 5-11 at best.

And trust me, giving Vick the full 5 years in prison would get the Judge a day named after him in Atlanta.

But I will be interested in seeing if VIck is not pleding to the gambling aspect of the charges. THey are the less serious charges in terms of sentence, but they are the ones that could hold the highest amount over his head. That could get him banned for life.

Chris Mortensen reported this afternoon that Michael Vick had no idea how serious these charges were until a few weeks ago. It wasn't until he was barred from coming to camp that he realized the severity of the situation. Roger Goodell and Gene Upshaw had to help him get legal counsel.

If that's true, Vick must be living in some place other than reality.

They're saying 12-18 months now, with his defense arguing for 12. He would need to serve 87% of his time, but the last 15% could be served in a halfway house, with him being eligible to practice during that period. Meaning in total he might serve as little as 262 days in prison.

well... obviously if he confessed he's guilty of something and i have lost all respect i had for him as an athlete, hell he's not fit to be a human being for what he did, i thought i read on NFL.com that it was gonna be a 10-12 month sentence, regardless his NFL career is over, if the NFL brought him back that would be a horrid PR nightmare for the league

in terms of how the Falcons will do, i say 2-14

At the end of last season my friend and I made the prediction that after this coming season Vick wouldn't be playing for the Falcons and that they'd be drafting Brian Brohm to come in and run the offense. We also made the prediction that Vick would eventually be playing in Baltimore. Little did we know how quickly half of the first prediction has come to fruition.

I'm not entirely convinced his NFL career is over. He's still a talented player and a team would be stupid not to want to have that talent on their team. Granted, it's a PR nightmare but if Vick issues a sincere apology I think America is forgiving enough to give him a second chance (however his despicable actions may render that invalid). If he never plays in the NFL again it's going to be interesting to see if he plays in the Arena league. I bet that'd spike their bad ESPN ratings.

They're saying 12-18 months now, with his defense arguing for 12. He would need to serve 87% of his time, but the last 15% could be served in a halfway house, with him being eligible to practice during that period. Meaning in total he might serve as little as 262 days in prison.

The state of Georgia is going to come down on him too. This isn't over by any means.

Hate posting things from this site, but here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/20/sports/f...&ei=5087%0A

The government’s criminal case might not be on the only one Mr. Vick has to worry about. Gerald Poindexter, the state prosecutor for Surry County, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Friday that he plans to bring charges on Sept. 25 against Mr. Vick and others alleged to be connected to the dog-fighting ring.

I don't think he'll be serving as little as 262 days in prison.

The state of Georgia is going to come down on him too. This isn't over by any means.

Surry County would be Virginia, not Georgia, but the point's the same. There seems too much compiled against him.

The Saskatchewan Roughriders, probably.

Canada doesn't let convicted felons into the country without special permission. I can't imagine that Vick would get it.

Robert may be right on this, Cuban's planned league could end up as Vick's only option.

That must be tough for you. I can't stop thinking about iggymcfly. He lost his entertainment.

For Iggy? For all of us. Having Michael Vick on the field for 16 weeks was the most important thing here.

I joined a Vick group on Facebook not too long ago (almost made one myself in fact). Since the dog fighting deal is made official, I'll most likely leave the group.

Surry County would be Virginia, not Georgia, but the point's the same. There seems too much compiled against him.

Oh. Didn't know to care or double check. My bad.

For Iggy? For all of us. Having Michael Vick on the field for 16 weeks was the most important thing here.

No, the most important thing is that he is going to jail for committing a crime.

Theme song for Vick?

Well...my friend's and I have a running joke that DMX really has no idea where his dogs are at.

And now, we are wondering if he knows Michael Vick had 'em.

So now, whenever we hear DMX, we yell out, "RUN MICHAEL RUN!"

No, the most important thing is that he is going to jail for committing a crime.

I would WOOSH but that is a little old school.

Any truth to what I heard, that the Booyah panel of experts spent more time asking questions like "how good will Vick be when he returns" and "what position will he play," or suggesting that he needs to mount a p.r. campaign, while not once condemning him for what he did? I thought this network was damning Vick because he "lives a hip-hop lifestyle," whatever the fucking hell that even means.

Speaking of which, what is with all these sports talk personalities saying that Vick will come out of prison and immediately be signed as a runningback or wide receiver? Even if he somehow returns to playing form and can adjust to a new position, what GM wants a player with the reputation of a dog murderer on his team?

Speaking of which, what is with all these sports talk personalities saying that Vick will come out of prison and immediately be signed as a runningback or wide receiver? Even if he somehow returns to playing form and can adjust to a new position, what GM wants a player with the reputation of a dog murderer on his team?

I support Mike Vick's "War on Terriers"

One quarterback suffers from erratic football play.

One quarterback pleads guilty to killing dogs that failed to kill other dogs for sport.

Who gets treated worse by the channel?

I support Mike Vick's "War on Terriers"

hey hey!

Any NFL team that dares to sign Vick after this will immediately have several hundred animal rights activists protesting outside their stadium, along with tons of negative news stories and commentaries. It's not going to be worth it to any team, when they can just draft the next hot star QB, if their record is that bad to even consider bringing on Vick.

Problem is that they have no real right or cause since he IS going to jail so justice WILL BE served. You can not give someone a life sentence just because of acts that are minor felonies. Not trying to defend (Con)Vick, but it isn't kind of silly for anyone to protest him for ever working his profession(which isn't animal related) after he does his time. There is nothing more that can be done to him that Goodell does not do. Besides, teams like Oakland, Tampa Bay, and New York(Giants) will be needing quarterbacks by 2009/2010 seasons, and Vick is rich enough to keep himself ready to play again.

You're presupposing that Goodell lets him back in by 2009, or lets him back in at all. I don't think most of America wants to see him come back, no matter how much the Booyahs openly wonder how good he'll be when he comes back as a kick returner, or telling us that we're a forgiving society. You're also presupposing that the New York Giants, having given up on Eli Manning, will say "man, we need a quarterback. Let's try a gimmick quarterback who has been out of pro football for two/three years and was on shaky ground before he left." They'll just draft a project in the third round before they go with Vick.

America's not going to care about this 3 months from now, let alone 3 years from now. It was a cute story for everybody to get on their high horse about during the slow part of the summer, but it will blow over eventually. Mike Tyson didn't get a lifetime ban for raping a human being or for biting half a man's ear off in the ring. Leonard Little killed a woman while drunk, then got another DUI on top of that and I think he missed like 4 games. Trying to give Vick a lifetime ban for something about 1/10 as bad would be ridiculous.

I don't think he'll play in a major market when he comes back, it's too much bad PR for say NY or Chicago, but he'll get a starting job somewhere. I could see him signing some place like Carolina or Seattle. If he can still get it done on the field, that's all anyone will really care about.