TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 5/28 - 6/3

In case you've missed the last couple of years, there is no baseball on holidays on ESPN so you will get a Classic Car Auction marathon on ESPN2 instead.

ESPN & FOX Games to Poison Our Youth

TUESDAY

Giants (Tim Lincecum) at Mets (Oliver Perez), 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN

WEDNESDAY

Indians (Paul Byrd) at Red Sox (Daisuke Matsuzaka), 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN

SATURDAY

Yankees at Red Sox, 3:55/12:55 PM, FOX

Cardinals at Astros, 3:55/12:55 PM, FOX

SUNDAY

Yankees at Red Sox, 8:00/5:00 PM, ESPN

Well ever since I've been watching baseball on a regular basis, I've known nothing but the Yankees winning the AL East so seeing them flounder is a joy for me.

Guest Smues

Yankess Sox on the Sunday night game? Why don't they just rename it the ESPN Yankess Night Game?

This is what, the 3rd time this season Yankess/Red Sox has been the Sunday game?

Lincecum/Perez is a pretty cool matchup, but what I'm really looking forward to is Zito/Glavine on Wedensday. This has the potential to be a really, really entertaining series.

I'm hoping the Braves can get their shit together before they fall too far behind the Mets and lose out on the wild card. I think San Diego passed them

My Reds are just getting pummelled lately. It's nice to see that a healthy Griffey can still produce. I wonder what his numbers would have been like without all those injuries taking him out of roughly 3-4 full seasons.

And as if things weren't already going bad for Cincinnati, Ryan Freel was just involved in an outfield collision and is about to be carted off of the field. After running into Norris Hopper, Freel fell and seemed to land right on his neck on the warning track.

For some reason, and I don't know why...with today being Memorial Day, it made me think about Rick Monday saving the American flag from being burnt. Even though the event didn't take place on Memorial Day, it's still been in my mind ever since I woke up.

I'm hoping the Braves can get their shit together before they fall too far behind the Mets and lose out on the wild card. I think San Diego passed them

Well San Diego is tied with Los Angeles for the division lead, so you have to contend with both for the WC, in case one or the other slips behind the other.

That was a horribly ugly situation right there with Freel and Hopper. It's not that Freel just landed on his neck but also the angle in which it happened.

For the Brewers fans, what is with the sudden fall back to Earth? I thought the team was just cruising along but now I check the standings and suddenly the Cubs are 5 games back.

What happened? Tough part of a schedule or just something specifically gone wrong?

Guest Queen Leelee

The Brewers have had to play more teams than the crap in the NL Central and the Nationals...

Their bats have cooled down, also. That usually happens in NL West road trips.

The Ryan Freel story is awesome. Freel was knocked unconscious on the warning track, he was curled up with his back toward the umpires and playing field. The ball rolled out of his glove, while he was laying unconscious on the playing field Norris Hopper went over to check on him, and while he was checking slid the ball back into Ryan's glove, saving an inside the park home run. When asked about it after the game Hopper just smiled.

Man I was so wrong about Youk...He's just awesome in every way. As is this team. No real weaknesses right now at all.

Papelbon and the Sox get bailed out of a major jam on Casey Blake's very close check-swing strike three on a ball that hit his hands.

For some reason, and I don't know why...with today being Memorial Day, it made me think about Rick Monday saving the American flag from being burnt. Even though the event didn't take place on Memorial Day, it's still been in my mind ever since I woke up.

Tremendous

Tremendous

The comments in that video are even more tremendous.

Makes you wonder where security was at the time with two guys just sitting in the outfield. Not only that, but they got a can of lighter fluid into the stadium as well. Way different from the days where you could barely sneak a coke in.

In other news, good win for the Orioles. Sure it was against the Royals but it's a win and I'll take it for now.

I didn't go to last night's game with Roger Clemens. Tonight though the starting pitcher for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre is none other than Kei Igawa.

They really missed the boat on that guy, didn't they?

I didn't go to last night's game with Roger Clemens. Tonight though the starting pitcher for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre is none other than Kei Igawa.

They really missed the boat on that guy, didn't they?

I'll reserve judgment for now, but it appears so. You wonder though if it's honestly a bigger waste of money than $25 million (salary plus luxury tax) on Roger Clemens.

Tonight I'm curious to see how the Japanese media takes to Scranton more than anything.