TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Narcoleptic Jumper

Roland Garros 2007

So most of the coverage of this is on the Tennis Channel which most people probably don't get, but if you have DirecTV, it's on there and it's awesome. 5 different channels for the different courts. I don't know how I got along watching tennis without this, because it rules.

Guest Smues

For those of us that only casually follow tennis, does Roland Garros = French Open?

Guest Queen Leelee

Original poster, there's no point in creating tennis threads here.

You'll just get "replies" like the 2nd post.

Guest Smues

I just saw that Andy Roddick got upset in the first round. Good job Andy.

Federer vs. Davydenko in the first semifinal. Djokovic is waiting for his opponent, who apparently will be Nadal, as he's handling Carlos Moya right now. 2006 final repeat?

I would say most likely, as both Federer and Nadal are playing pretty well right now. I will say this though, it is great to see such big matchups in the semi's on the mens side. Arguably the four best players on the tour as of this moment.

I also will be rooting for Roger, but he will be the underdog, Nadal is looking good right now. My challenge will be avoiding the result. I got Indians-Reds tickets (which I got hooked into going to) then gotta take Moms out for her b-day, Sopranos finale and then the Cavs-Spurs. I just hope I can avoid the result until midnight tomorrow.

Well, Nadal is the champ again in Roland Garros, and I must say this was a great match. I can't believe all the break points that Roger failed to capitalize on. If he'd won half of the break points he had then the story would've been different. And his forehand was really not his strongest yesterday, too many unforced errors. That high-kicking forehand of Nadal's wasn't that much of a factor this time out, as Federer had it well handled with his backhand. Anyways, good for Rafa who's still king of the clay courts, but I'm pretty sure Federer's day in France will come soon enough.

I really wanted Federer to win this but I knew that if he couldn't capitalize on those break points and take the 1st set, it would be over for him. To be honest, I thought Nadal would win but I was still hoping for the opposite.