TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Offseason - 2007

They think they're well enough off with their prospect pool that they don't need to add another young player, and I agree with them. They have a shitload of young players coming in.

Trade it for a NHL ready forward and move on.

Since its not a deep pool, I can see them trading it away for a good player out there. Hell try and swing it with Buffalo and grab Briere or something.

Kane or Turris. Both would work in Chicago, but I'd think that Czech would be tired of them picking high in the draft. Why not get rid of the pick, acquire a proven talent and start working their way back to respectability. Turris won't be around for at least two years (he's committed to Wisconsin) and Kane likely won't be ready for at least a year (he NEEDS to put on weight...5'10" 162 lbs...he'd be dead by November.) So it's one of those two or a proven player. I'd rather take the proven player.

PTI had a discussion today about possible NHL expansion, which I'm assuming is based on actual rumour.

If Bettman is even thinking about this, he's reaching new depths of stupidity I didn't even know existed. Or he's on crack.

I don't like the shoulder patch.

Looks like Shannahan is staying with the Rangers. Robert Lang is not coming back to Detroit, and Nathan Horton signed a six year deal worth 22 mil with the Panthers.

I don't really mind any of that Bruins stuff. They aren't changing it completely, and besides, they have changed their unis up a few times over the last few years anyway.

Great new logos for the Bruins.

The main one, the spoked B barely changed. They basically took the 1932-33 logo and put it on the spokes. Looks great, and a nice nod to the past.

The shoulder patch is interesting in that they basically took the 1924-25 crest and modernized it.

200706_black_jersey.png

200706_white_jersey.png

I was a bit put-off by the rather large bit of black at the end of the sleeves, but the gloves will cover most of that anyway.

I don't like the shoulder patch.

Looks like Shannahan is staying with the Rangers. Robert Lang is not coming back to Detroit, and Nathan Horton signed a six year deal worth 22 mil with the Panthers.

The Horton deal is awesome. He's going to be a star, locking him down for around 4 million a year will be a bargain. Smart move by the Panthers.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=211518&hubname=

Adrian Augroin sent to Calgary. No word on what Chicago gets back, but if it's anything more than rusty skate blades and used jockstraps, they can consider themselves winners.

And since it wouldn't be a post of mine if the Bruins weren't mentioned...rumors are swirling around regarding Manny Fernandez being traded to Boston. And Luc Bourdon as well.

Eric Duhatschek says that we are preparing a monster offer for Briere. Someone else said that we're looking at Gerber and Redden too.

What the fuck is it with us and below average goaltenders. Jesus. Can we ever have a decent guy to stop the fucking puck.

Should be a fun day. Rumors have already started to fly:

Manny Fernandez to Boston.

Ilya Bryzgalov to either Florida or Tampa Bay.

A goalie to the St. Louis Blues.

Looks like the two teams that have shown the most interest in Angelo Esposito are Carolina and Montreal. With each team at #11 and #12 respectively, we could potentially see a trade up battle to see who can end up in position to draft him.

Another rumor around Carolina is that we may move one of our defensive defenseman for an offensive defenseman. Mike Commodore's name is the one that has been brought up the most.

Angelo Esposito would be a hell of a pick up for the Habs. I saw him play a few games in St. John's last year and he scored the nicest goal I've ever seen live, against my hometown Fog Devils.

As for the rest of the moves listed above, they sound decent. If St. Louis is looking for a decent goalie to challenge for the started job, then they should have a look at Aebi when he becomes a free agent on July 1. I really don't think you can hold his Montreal days against him, as that town is brutal on goalies anyway.

Yes yes yes yes yes. Now to dump McCabe so they can sign Briere and Drury. Hell, they can field the same team as last year with Toskala in net, and comfortably make the playoffs.

No. We have to give you a second, and then we need to sign Raycroft to a 2 year extension before he plays a game.

I'm not usually a big fan of trading draft picks (especially now, with the salary cap), but I do like this trade. I wish they had made it last year, though.

Bell is a former 20 goal scorer who had an off-year last season, so he's not a bad pickup either. I think after this trade, the Leafs will have around $6.5 million left before hitting the salary cap, so there's enough for a big time UFA signing. If they pawn McCabe off on some sucker, that'll be another 5.75 million minus the salaries of whoever they get back.

Florida traded for Vokoun, trading some draft picks to get him. Now I'm starting to get mad. That's a move we should have made.

Florida traded for Vokoun, trading some draft picks to get him. Now I'm starting to get mad. That's a move we should have made.

Here's what's moving between the two teams.

To Florida

Vokoun

To Nashville

2008 1st Round Pick

2007 2nd Round Pick

Conditional 2nd Round Pick in either 2007 or 2008

It looks like the Preds are preparing for their sale to Balsillie with all these moves.

Yeah, we have two first round picks next year that we could have sent them, or our first for next year and a ton of 2nd round picks. FUCKING BULLSHIT

If we use this draft pick, I'm forcing myself to take a hiatus from this thread until after July 8th, after which the Kings will have signed no free agents a week into the signing period and I'll be cooled off from the anger of watching Briere, and Drury among many others not coming here. I'm in a shitty mood.

I hear that Kubina and McCabe are on the market. That will make my fucking day if we trade for them. "Make my day" meaning that I'll sob into my pillow.