TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smues

That time again it is

Guest Smues

Deep Discount DVD

Enter coupon code DVDTALK to get 20% off your purchase. As usual this does NOT work with pre-orders, books, CDs, electronics or video games. But it should work for all movies be it DVD, Blue Ray, HDDVD etc. Word is the sale runs through June 17th this time. And the last time they ran this sale it only let me make one purchase at the 20% discount. I don't know if that's still in effect but it's something to keep in mind. (In past sales I had placed multiple orders, this time I'll be sure to figure out everything I need and get it all in one order.)

Royal Rumble collection here I come.

Deep Discount DVD

Enter coupon code DVDTALK to get 20% off your purchase. As usual this does NOT work with pre-orders, books, CDs, electronics or video games. But it should work for all movies be it DVD, Blue Ray, HDDVD etc. Word is the sale runs through June 17th this time. And the last time they ran this sale it only let me make one purchase at the 20% discount. I don't know if that's still in effect but it's something to keep in mind. (In past sales I had placed multiple orders, this time I'll be sure to figure out everything I need and get it all in one order.)

Royal Rumble collection here I come.

I'm going to get a few things. I was wondering if it was me or has anyone else noticed, DDD isn't the cheapest on the net anymore?

This sale means next to nothing to me anymore, and I used to be one of the main people to mention this sale. Many prices at DD are no longer the lowest price, and over the past sale or two they've started to actually raise the price on many of their items to make up for the 20% off.

With the way the prices for DVDs have gone down, how you can almost always find a great deal, coupon, or sale these days, the DD sale just doesn't mean what it used to.

Now don't get me wrong, there are still deals to be had. It's just not that crazy deal it used to be.

So where are the cheapest prices on the net now? I am looking about getting the entire West Wing set on DVD , with the discount its like $138, so if there is a place that it would be cheap that would be awesome.

Planet Earth has been one of the best selling things on DVD, HD-DVD and Blu Ray which is amazing considering its $60 for the DVD and $100 for the HD versions. Its actually the perfect thing to show off a new HD-DVD/Blu Ray player..

I saw it on DHDT though..shoulda recorded it..doh.

I just spent close to $150 at Best Buy today on their $20 fox tv DVD sets. Seasons 7-9 of X files, 1-2 of House (not for me though), 4 and 5 of The Shield. I could have gotten more but I had to draw the line somewhere, seeing as how I have little room now for the 50 tv dvd sets I already had and Im adding 5 more.

I haven't actually used the site. This is just what I've read, so don't take it as gospel.

They do ship to Canada (their Canadian site no longer exists), and it's only $5.95 per shipment. However, you're likely to get dinged at the border for taxes and a handling fee ($5?).

I was looking at Freaks & Geeks and Undeclared, but the site is listing them as pre-order items. Even though they've each been out for a few years.

$138.70 looks like a nice price for The West Wing, but once I factor in everything, it seems like it could go up to $175-185CAD. :(