TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion for June 2007

What happened to the idea of Kennedy coming to Raw to be the #3 face? Being a heel on Raw isn't a very good thing right now considering you're bound to end up jobbing to Cena or HHH, maybe HBK. Or like Edge end up in a homoerotic tag team with Orton in addition to all of that.

As far as the McMahon angle is concerned, I think the idea of doing a Vince "death" is retarded and will hurt the business in the long run. That being said, I thought it was a brilliantly executed segment. How they follow it up will determine how it's regarded as an all-time angle.

Bryan Alvarez (www.f4wonline.com) asked a source why Mr. Kennedy was moved to Raw with an easy set-up for a feud with Edge intact. He was told Hunter complained about Raw not having enough heels.

Ken's fucked.

:(

They telegraphed that something was gonna happen like crazy. From Vince's overacting in the ring, to his quiet walk to the back, to his loooooooooooooooooooong walk out of the arena (complete with oh-so-dramatic wrong turn), and the sustained camera shot of the limo, they were just telling viewers "Just wait, something will happen!"

And c'mon, who the hell didn't think that the limo was gonna blow up given how long they were focused on it, and from such a distance??? I myself was waiting for it to explode as soon as Vince stepped in, then stepped out (look at the footage, his foot goes in and out and in again). Plus they were showing the limo, all alone, away from everyone, in silence.

Real subtle, guys.

If WWE had been smart about this, they'd have had the walk not be so dramatic. Furthermore, they'd have had his exit be quick. There'd have been no dragging out the walk to the limo, and the limo even should have driven off and THEN exploded, from out of nowhere. And if they really wanted to add a touch of "what the hell just happened?!" they'd have had Coach or someone lead Vince to the limo, and walk away and be thrown down by the sudden blast.

You claim that WWE is no different that Sopranos or 24, Vince. If you're gonna try to emulate that, at least try to do it well.

But everything WWE did screamed "safety" and "even faker than wrestling!"

Wow, I guess that makes you better then so many other wrestling fans. Sit back and see where the storyline goes before you shit all over it.

Considering how much interest the angle has gathered, I bet Vince is very happy with how the angle is doing.

The same people bashing this angle will still tune into WWE programing to see how this will play out.

Bryan Alvarez (www.f4wonline.com) asked a source why Mr. Kennedy was moved to Raw with an easy set-up for a feud with Edge intact. He was told Hunter complained about Raw not having enough heels.

Ken's fucked.

greaat.

I wasn't thrilled with the angle, but I have to say that's there a feeling of "I wonder what happens next" that I haven't felt in some time. Whever they go with it, it amounts to a huge shakeup in whatever goes on.

From the Times Leader (Wilkes-Barre newspaper).

WILKES-BARRE TWP. – Did Vince McMahon, who’s bluffed and blustered his way into the ringmaster’s role of the testosterone-fueled soap opera that is professional wrestling, really fall for the old bomb-in-the-limo trick?

Though World Wrestling Entertainment would have you believe otherwise, the answer is no.

“No one was in any danger,” said Steve Poremba, a Wachovia Arena spokesman, of Monday night’s WWE RAW spectacle at the arena, though he would not elaborate.

A WWE spokesman echoed that, but also wouldn’t elaborate, instead pointing to a news release from the company and “reports” on its Web site. The release inferred that celebrities who have “less than flattering things to say about” McMahon, including real estate mogul Donald Trump, sportscaster Bob Costas, rapper Snoop Dogg and wrestler “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, might be behind a plot to bump him off.

Despite articles on the Web site that firefighters and federal agents are investigating, workers at the Luzerne County 911 Center confirmed that it was “a stunt” and that no emergency vehicles were called to the arena on Monday night.

“The ‘federal agent’ (referenced on the Web site) is definitely not the FBI,” said Jerri Williams, a special agent spokeswoman with the FBI’s Philadelphia office. “We have not been made aware of any car bombings. … We would definitely have been informed.”

But fans from across the country have been contacting local media to find out if McMahon, the chairman of the board of WWE, was actually blown up in a fiery limo-bombing on his so-called “Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night,” which was televised on USA Network. McMahon had walked out of the building to the waiting vehicle, so fans inside the arena saw the same televised live scene.

Only it was wasn’t live. Supervised by Zenith Pyrotechnology, based in Deer Park, N.Y., the explosion was actually filmed at the arena late Saturday night, the footage of the burning hulk taped Sunday night and the whole mess spliced together, said Andy Kratz, the township’s zoning officer.

“They did it, I believe, at 11 o’clock at night until 3 a.m., so no one would be around,” he said, adding that it was done in a section generally blocked from public view by the building and surrounding land features.

The pyrotechnics company had to get permits, which Kratz said it did about a week ago. “We have pyrotechnics shows in the arena all the time” for wrestling and ice skating, among other things, he said. “They say they do this quite a bit,” but usually not outside.

Representatives of the pyrotechnics company have not returned calls for comment.

Based on reaction from fans, who expressed indignation with the stunt, the story hook could instead hook itself.

“It’s messed up. A death is a serious matter,” said Kenny Noe, of Lakewood, Wash. “Wrestling is not about death. It’s about beating people up, maybe getting hurt.”

He referenced the actual deaths of several wrestling personalities in the past and said this incident casts a shadow over their memories. “What if Eddie Guerrero isn’t dead?”

“For (McMahon) to do something like this is ridiculous, if it’s a hoax,” Chris Dent of New Freedom, Pa., said, “… because the American public’s gonna wind up not watching his shows and it’s going to go down hill,” he said.

Still, they also agreed that the stunt will cause a buzz. “It’s just kind of weird, and my friends are probably going to be talking to me all day,” Dent said.

Thinking about it, this could have been WWE's best idea (in generating interest, not for entertainment) in ages. They've lacked the Austin/Rock figure that has mainstream cross-over appeal, and previous attempts to pick up some fans from different demographics have all been pretty lackluster (Trump being the most obvious). In terms of who is most known to the general public today, Vince wins over everyone in the WWE, and killing him off will be seen as massive to them.

Ken's fucked.

greaat.

Unless they kill his mic time, on a live show with no piped in boos Kennedy will be over as a face within 6 months.

Ken's fucked.

greaat.

Unless they kill his mic time, on a live show with no piped in boos Kennedy will be over as a face within 6 months.

weeks

At first I too thought this Vince thing would send shockwaves and might boost business big time. But then I thought on it a bit more and realized it won't even be as significant as the "Who ran over Austin?" angle. Can anyone come up with a way that this angle can lead to a PPV match or something that could draw money? What could it be, Shane vs. The Culprit?

This angle can easily go so many different ways. It's quite possible to lead to an actual match. All it takes is simple booking, which is probably the main concern obviously but given the details they have put forth thus far, I'd like to think they have some fraction of an idea or direction here.

This angle can easily go so many different ways. It's quite possible to lead to an actual match. All it takes is simple booking, which is probably the main concern obviously but given the details they have put forth thus far, I'd like to think they have some fraction of an idea or direction here.

And seeing as how they tend to hire Hollywood rejects to write for them, its only a matter of time before we find out that the man who really died in the limo was Vincenzo, Vince McMahon's evil twin that had kept the real Vince locked away until just recently and with his death, we will be graced with Vince coming back to the booth as the goofy commentator we all knew and loved growing up wondering just how in the world did he get up from that and exclaiming on how he "thought he had him"...

Guest King_Ghidra
What happened to the idea of Kennedy coming to Raw to be the #3 face? Being a heel on Raw isn't a very good thing right now considering you're bound to end up jobbing to Cena or HHH, maybe HBK. Or like Edge end up in a homoerotic tag team with Orton in addition to all of that.

umm edge is now world champion. so history says there are probably worse things for your career than being put in a homoerotic tag team with orton.

actually kennedy and orton would be perfect for each other, they could have homoerotic tattoo comparison sessions

umm edge is now world champion. so history says there are probably worse things for your career than being put in a homoerotic tag team with orton.

actually kennedy and orton would be perfect for each other, they could have homoerotic tattoo comparison sessions

Thats true, but Edge was also a 2 time former WWE Champion before he was paired with Orton. Also, Edge was clearly wearing the pants in that tag team. How many times did DX beat the shit out of Orton with Edge looking on from the ramp? If nothing else, that group helped elevate Edge to a better heel position while burying Orton a bit at the same time.

As good as this scenario can work for Kennedy, I really doubt if Orton would want to be put through another tg team situation where the other guy is the man in charge. Then again, depending on if Orton is in the dog house, and if he still wants to keep his job, then there may not be too much say from young Randal.

And seeing as how they tend to hire Hollywood rejects to write for them, its only a matter of time before we find out that the man who really died in the limo was Vincenzo, Vince McMahon's evil twin that had kept the real Vince locked away until just recently and with his death, we will be graced with Vince coming back to the booth as the goofy commentator we all knew and loved growing up wondering just how in the world did he get up from that and exclaiming on how he "thought he had him"...

BAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK BBBBOOOOOODDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DDDDRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest King_Ghidra

Sure, i don't really mean to imply that kennedy should or will be moved into a tag with orton, just to say that his arrival on raw doesn't mean he will automatically become a jobber and hit a downward spiral.

Being jobbed to Cena or HHH doesn't kill a heel if they're booked right. Kennedy will keep his overness imho, based on his own charisma and hard work, and the fact that the writing team must have seen something in him to have put the MITB on him in the first place.

From a kayfabe perspective he's still the man who's beaten 6 world champions (or whatever) and with his desire to get a title shot back after the way he was robbed of the MITB he's bound to be around the contender spot.

BAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK BBBBOOOOOODDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DDDDRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One! Two! HEGOTHIMNOHEDIDNTCOMEONREF!!

I always loved how Vince's announcer voice sounded like he was shouting at the top of his lungs, yet really he wasn't louder than anyone else.

ALDO MONTOYA BUILDING MOMENTUM!!! WE'RE GONNA HAVE A NEW INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION TONIGHT!!! YES YES YES!!!!! OFF THE ROPES . . . OH NO GOLDUST HAS HIM AAAANNNNNDDDD THE CURTAIN CALL! ONE TWO AND a victory for Goldust.

So has anyone else noticed that the match between Batista and Edge at Vengeance has now been changed to a "Last Chance" match on WWE.com?

Makes sense, since WWE is trying to push the Vince angle as serious, but I'm still kinda surprised they were smart enough to do it.

So has anyone else noticed that the match between Batista and Edge at Vengeance has now been changed to a "Last Chance" match on WWE.com?

Makes sense, since WWE is trying to push the Vince angle as serious, but I'm still kinda surprised they were smart enough to do it.

What was it called before?

Many readers sent word that gossip site TMZ.com is reporting rumors of WWE Diva Ashley Massaro taking time off from World Wrestling Entertainment to take part in the next season of CBS reality series Survivor, which will begin taping next month in China for a September airing. As I mentioned in my PWInsider.com Elite Hotline several days ago, that is the word going around among many of the wrestlers on the ECW and Smackdown brands as to why Massaro was "suspended" on last week's edition of Smackdown.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=24906&p=1

I always loved how Vince's announcer voice sounded like he was shouting at the top of his lungs, yet really he wasn't louder than anyone else.

My last minute sign idea for Raw, realized two late. Three signs, saying "1", "2", and "He got him! No he didn't." For each pinfall attempt a person would raise a sign at one, two and two and a half. Someone needs to steal this idea.

Do or Die Match.

Many readers sent word that gossip site TMZ.com is reporting rumors of WWE Diva Ashley Massaro taking time off from World Wrestling Entertainment to take part in the next season of CBS reality series Survivor, which will begin taping next month in China for a September airing. As I mentioned in my PWInsider.com Elite Hotline several days ago, that is the word going around among many of the wrestlers on the ECW and Smackdown brands as to why Massaro was "suspended" on last week's edition of Smackdown.

Godamn, and here's me hoping it was just because she's shit.

Godamn, and here's me hoping it was just because she's shit.

Are you fucking kidding me..now this bitch is gonna ruin my favorite show.

I believe the initial source to this rumor was Paul London. London supposedly told a fan at an airport that Ashley was filming Survivor, which got picked up by some survivor fan sites, and they no doubt contacted TMZ. Not saying it's right or wrong, but I'm surprised Survivor is casting television personalities, however this could be a celebrity edition as there is supposedly some professional poker player (not anybody you'd recognize - not any of the known entities that I've ever heard of anyways) cast as well.

Coming from London, it could be a joke that has blown up.

My last minute sign idea for Raw, realized two late. Three signs, saying "1", "2", and "He got him! No he didn't." For each pinfall attempt a person would raise a sign at one, two and two and a half. Someone needs to steal this idea.

Do or Die Match.

the aired the Do or Die promo on ECW though, and it was funny hearing Vince say "do...or DIIIIIIIIIIE"