TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion for June 2007

--Among the names as the campy Vince McMahon three-hour funeral show tomorrow are Steve Austin, Eric Bischoff, Jimmy Hart and Charles "Godfather" Wright. It will be a heavy comedy show with the idea of turning the fans around on the angle.

--WWE will set up a memorial in the inside lobby for Vince McMahon at Raw in Corpus Christi tomorrow, so expect that on television. They want to tape fans giving personal eulogies to Vince.

--Among the names as the campy Vince McMahon three-hour funeral show tomorrow are Steve Austin, Eric Bischoff, Jimmy Hart and Charles "Godfather" Wright. It will be a heavy comedy show with the idea of turning the fans around on the angle.

--WWE will set up a memorial in the inside lobby for Vince McMahon at Raw in Corpus Christi tomorrow, so expect that on television. They want to tape fans giving personal eulogies to Vince.

Too bad they wouldn't just let everything past their cutting room floor, because I know there will be some GEMS that will never see the light of day.

I've been saying that this is the route the should have been going int he first place. I want appearances from EVERYONE. I want to see The Bushwhackers mourning Vince McMahon. I want comments from DDP. I wan Honky Tonk Man paying his respects at the casket.

Guest shrevedude

I am thinking about wearing a wristband to the WWE shows in Bossier City, LA and Dallas next week, (kind of like wrestlers wore when Owen and Eddie dies) not for Benoit, but dedicating it to the fans, wrestlers, and WWE workers shocked, devastated, and in desbelief by this tragedy.

However, I have no clue what to write on the wristband. any suggestions?

Guest shrevedude
How about "I'm a fucking douche".

How mature of you...I'm sure you would probably murder your wife and son and commit suicide too.

How about you write "By wearing this wristband, I am not supporting Chris Benoit, the person, but I am honoring the legacy of him as a performer in the ring and am also dedicating this wristband to the fans, wrestlers, and WWE workers who were shocked, devastated, and in disbelief by this tragedy (sic). San Dimas High Football rulz." That would work if you have especially large wrists.

I think there should be a wristband for the memory of nancy, daniel and eddie, but not benoit the fucking sicko.

Guest shoryuken007
I am thinking about wearing a wristband to the WWE shows in Bossier City, LA and Dallas next week, (kind of like wrestlers wore when Owen and Eddie dies) not for Benoit, but dedicating it to the fans, wrestlers, and WWE workers shocked, devastated, and in desbelief by this tragedy.

My suggestion: don't. I get what you're trying to do and it's a nice sentiment, but the WWE is trying to move forward, and dwelling on the tragedy is counteractive. The best thing you can do to honor everyone is go to the show and get into it, appreciating what the wrestlers do to entertain us and taking the time to think about what they go through personally to put on the shows they do.

If you want to honor the family somehow, there's lots of ways to do it: a personal website, prayer (if you're religious), a donation in their name (possibly to someone working on a cure for Fragile X syndrome). But right now, it seems like just moving on with business as usual would be best for the workers as well as the fans.

Just my $.02.

Show up in a Benoit t-shirt. Tell them it's the only shirt you have and you have no money. Maybe they'll give you a new t-shirt to cover it with.

My suggestion: don't. I get what you're trying to do and it's a nice sentiment, but the WWE is trying to move forward, and dwelling on the tragedy is counteractive. The best thing you can do to honor everyone is go to the show and get into it, appreciating what the wrestlers do to entertain us and taking the time to think about what they go through personally to put on the shows they do.

If you want to honor the family somehow, there's lots of ways to do it: a personal website, prayer (if you're religious), a donation in their name (possibly to someone working on a cure for Fragile X syndrome). But right now, it seems like just moving on with business as usual would be best for the workers as well as the fans.

Just my $.02.

Who knows what other fans around you might think. I think for your own safety, it may not be wise.

Possible Spoiler:

John Cena has been telling people that he has a script in hand for a new WWE Films production that will begin filming in the fall. It will not be a sequel to The Marine. If and when this thing does come to play, he'll most definitely have to take some time off from his WWE duties to shoot the film, or else face the burden of an incredibly taxing schedule. At the very least, he'll have to scale back on house shows and media appearances. When he filmed The Marine, he took about a month off. It should be interesting to see if he does what he did when he filmed The Marine in late 2004 where he'd fly out to Australia every week to film the movie, and then hop back on the plane to go back to the U.S. to appear at WWE shows. At the time, he was just starting to gain a lot of momentum to build for his eventual championship win at WrestleMania 21, which is why he didn't really take any time off. This time around, his spot is in safe-keeping and he'll still be the number one guy in the company if he decided to take some time off from his WWE schedule.

From rajah.com via pwinsider.com

Will he drop the strap? It would be funny if he took it with him to film the movie. But we still have the 30 day rule no?

He could defend it every PPV and it would get him around the 30 day rule. They could go through a complex angle that he is hurt badly and "will he even be able to defend his title at the PPV???" Or, they could simply acknowledge that he is currently filming a movie and he will keep his obligation of defending it every 30 days.

Personally, I think it would be a good heel-turn to have him tell Coach or Vince that he won't be around much because he is going to film the movie. They will know about it, of course, considering it is a WWE Films project, but they were under the impression that he was going to keep his commitments to TV. He could say that he doesn't really care about the TV show because of the money he is banking with the movie. He can blow off his PPV match as "no big deal" and he will just beat whoever it is that they line up for him. "See you in a month or so."

After that, when he comes back, that would be a tremendous time to have him show some different character, a new outfit, theme music, etc. He would be fresh, both in the aspects of the character he is portraying, and the fact that he hadn't been on TV in a month.

Do it, WWE. DO it.

That actually would be a decent idea. The only small problem with it is that it's so similar to the Rock's heel run around 2003 or so. That was long enough ago that most fans probably don't even remember it, though.

He could defend it every PPV and it would get him around the 30 day rule. They could go through a complex angle that he is hurt badly and "will he even be able to defend his title at the PPV???" Or, they could simply acknowledge that he is currently filming a movie and he will keep his obligation of defending it every 30 days.

Personally, I think it would be a good heel-turn to have him tell Coach or Vince that he won't be around much because he is going to film the movie. They will know about it, of course, considering it is a WWE Films project, but they were under the impression that he was going to keep his commitments to TV. He could say that he doesn't really care about the TV show because of the money he is banking with the movie. He can blow off his PPV match as "no big deal" and he will just beat whoever it is that they line up for him. "See you in a month or so."

After that, when he comes back, that would be a tremendous time to have him show some different character, a new outfit, theme music, etc. He would be fresh, both in the aspects of the character he is portraying, and the fact that he hadn't been on TV in a month.

Do it, WWE. DO it.

I like this but I don't think it should be played up as a heel turn, they should just let the fans decide when he comes back. You can have other wrestlers cutting promos on how he's not around and see how it turns out when he does show up.

I forget about the 30 day rule unless they bring it up. The could just pretend the rule dosn't exist and 99% of the audience isn't going to notice.

I forget about the 30 day rule unless they bring it up. The could just pretend the rule dosn't exist and 99% of the audience isn't going to notice.

Maybe Cena can show a comedy side of him and claim he defended the strap on a house show versus Funaki or something. And there is a sucessful title defense within the 30 days.