TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion for June 2007

I found out today the reason MVP has to wear that bodysuit is because he has a very large tattoo of Malcolm X on his left pectoral. They have a picture of it in Power Slam. I'm kind of curious who decided that tattoo was not to be shown on TV while others have theirs on display.

Actually its a small tattoo. Not sure where this idea came from that its a huge one. Hell he's actually been on tv without his shirt on. There is a picture of him near the entrance without his shirt on somewhere.

I found out today the reason MVP has to wear that bodysuit is because he has a very large tattoo of Malcolm X on his left pectoral. They have a picture of it in Power Slam. I'm kind of curious who decided that tattoo was not to be shown on TV while others have theirs on display.

Actually its a small tattoo. Not sure where this idea came from that its a huge one. Hell he's actually been on tv without his shirt on. There is a picture of him near the entrance without his shirt on somewhere.

I remember on the SD! after he had that Inferno match with Kane, MVP had the top part of his gear off. He gave a promo about how brutal the match was and how he was badly injured due to it. I don't see how that tat can be a problem but you never know.

Didn't MVP do an interview somewhere explaining his ring gear, and say that it wasn't because of the tattoo? I know he could just be saying that, but the interview sounded sincere at the time.

It's not that small from what I saw in the photo. It's not very detailed, I'll give you that, but it is from just below his collarbone to maybe an inch above his nipple. Considering how large he is IRL, it's got to be at least 5" by 8" from shoulder to collar and the bottom of his fist to X's head. I have to say, the eyes/glasses on the tattoo look to be kind of shoddy so if he converted in prison, maybe he got it there which could explain it's dubious quality.

Guest shrevedude

Poll:

With Chris Benoit now passed on, who do you think is the single best worker in all of World Wrestling Entertainment

(not out of each brand, out of all of WWE)

It's not that small from what I saw in the photo. It's not very detailed, I'll give you that, but it is from just below his collarbone to maybe an inch above his nipple. Considering how large he is IRL, it's got to be at least 5" by 8" from shoulder to collar and the bottom of his fist to X's head. I have to say, the eyes/glasses on the tattoo look to be kind of shoddy so if he converted in prison, maybe he got it there which could explain it's dubious quality.

When I think of a large tattoo, its one that is maybe twice that size but thats just me.

To be honest, looking at that tattoo, if I didn't know who that was...I couldn't tell you who it was and I'm willing to bet the vast majority wouldn't either. As someone else mentioned, I think he laughed when someone asked him if that is the reason he wears that body suit because its not the reason.

When I think of a large tattoo, its one that is maybe twice that size but thats just me.

To be honest, looking at that tattoo, if I didn't know who that was...I couldn't tell you who it was and I'm willing to bet the vast majority wouldn't either. As someone else mentioned, I think he laughed when someone asked him if that is the reason he wears that body suit because its not the reason.

I don't think anyone would wear that outfit out of choice, especially when the photos Downhome provided show he had no worries about airing it out before he got to the WWE.

Poll:

With Chris Benoit now passed on, who do you think is the single best worker in all of World Wrestling Entertainment

Triple H, HBK or Booker T. Two of which are out with major injuries.

Poll:

Triple H, HBK or Booker T. Two of which are out with major injuries.

Booker T > CM Punk?

Poll:

cena

his title reign's hulkarific booking is one thing, but he's consistently had great matches

he had ****1/2 vs. HBK on wrestlemania and RAW and those aren't MOTY candidates and the royal rumble cena-umaga match is

plus in june he's made khali look decent and johnny nitro look tough, which is a tough task

you might not like his character or his booking, but give the performer his due

Poll:

cena

his title reign's hulkarific booking is one thing, but he's consistently had great matches

he had ****1/2 vs. HBK on wrestlemania and RAW and those aren't MOTY candidates and the royal rumble cena-umaga match is

plus in june he's made khali look decent and johnny nitro look tough, which is a tough task

I think right now only a few guys are completely well rounded Edge, HBK and Finlay. Admittedly Finlay doesn't have Edge's charisma or HBK's long term history and appeal but he's been shown to be able to put over talent, fit comfortably into main events and comic angles with ease, he's actually managed to work with midget and get over as a result and can be relied on to deliver a consistent if not mindblowing performance.

Poll:

cena

Every cena match bores me to tears. One reason is the fact you know he is going to win EVERY FUCKING TIME, even if he's facing 20 people. Maybe if he actually fucking lost every once and a damn while and wasn't married to the title, I'd enjoy him more. The khali match was passable only because he got the shit beat out of him for 10 minutes but *gasp* he wins with the fu in the end. Any other good matches he has is mostly in part because of those who he is working with are better.

This is not to say hes bad, he's good and he certainly tries but the best? absolutely fucking not.

One other thing, his standings with me would go up a notch or two if he just got rid of that completely lame glorified firemans carry as a finisher and at least TRY and make the stf look legit by not having an inch between his hands in the persons jaw.

Guest beau99

Michaels and Mysterio are the only two I give a damn about anymore. Seeing as how they're both out at the moment, well... you get the picture. Until they come back, I'll be watching La Parka on Telemundo.

Edge, Shawn Michaels, Finlay, Rey Misterio, and Paul London. Pretty much everyone else is far behind those guys.

I'd add Triple H to that list

Guest shoryuken007

My list would read something like Shawn Michaels, Edge, Matt Hardy, Randy Orton, and MVP. Those are the guys I look forward to seeing on WWE TV because I know I'll be entertained.

Strikers promos a re pretty good. I usually get a chuckle out of them. Wouldn't surprise me to see Striker manage a tag team down the road with Matt cutting all of the promos for them.

Guest Hasbeen2

My list would include Eugene, too bad we'll probably never see it on WWE television.

Guest Hasbeen2
Michaels and Mysterio are the only two I give a damn about anymore. Seeing as how they're both out at the moment, well... you get the picture. Until they come back, I'll be watching La Parka on Telemundo.

Is that the original La Parka, isn't there another running around down there with the same name? I might have to look for it if it is.

My list would include Eugene, too bad we'll probably never see it on WWE television.

Why is everything thinking we won't see Eugene on TV again? I read it here and in some other thread, why's that belief?

I'd actually add Kennedy to the lists most of you wrote. Great charisma and not bad in-ring ability.

Why is everything thinking we won't see Eugene on TV again? I read it here and in some other thread, why's that belief?

He actually meant we'll never see Eugene's true talent on TV and some seem to think Eugene will be taken off TV due to Benoit's kid condition.

They should take Eugene off of SD, have him show up on ECW using his real name and with a new gimmick. I would say have him do the promo where he says that WWE forced him to do that to get on TV, but I don't think they'd have him say anything like that right now.

Anyway, with Benoit gone it leaves ECW with quite the hole and a repackaged Eugene could really help that brand out. Once upon a time people called Nick Dinsmore the "Chris Benoit of OVW", because of his work, skill.

They should take Eugene off of SD, have him show up on ECW using his real name and with a new gimmick. I would say have him do the promo where he says that WWE forced him to do that to get on TV, but I don't think they'd have him say anything like that right now.

Anyway, with Benoit gone it leaves ECW with quite the hole and a repackaged Eugene could really help that brand out. Once upon a time people called Nick Dinsmore the "Chris Benoit of OVW", because of his work, skill.

Others once called Knoble, Benoit Jr. I've always felt a repackaged Dinsmore with Knoble would be a tremendous tag team. It wouldn't take much to repackage Eugene anyways. If they wanted to extend Orton's current gimmick, let Orton show up and take Eugene out and he returns as Dinsmore the quality wrestler.

They managed to realize Hurricane ran its course, they should see that Eugene but that was the case well after that good summer run he had.