TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Breakdancingbatista

Best Chris Sabin Matches?

Guest Breakdancingbatista

So, any suggestions for some good sabin matches, ideally from TNA?

One of the funniest things about Sabin is that I think he is the most overrated underrated superstar. He's put on some great matches, but except for his first heel/title run, hasn't really shown me much character-wise. He was lost in the shuffle up until the World X Cup and now his current heel run isn't anything special. However, I haven't seen his MCMG matches with Shelly, that I heard were great. Anyone know where I can see them?

I'd give the Sacrifice 3-way with Dutt and Lethal a try. I really liked it.

Guest RejuvenationX

I'd recommend the four-way with Puma, Sonjay Dutt and Petey Williams at Destination X 2006. Quite a blistering match.

I wouldn't recommend anything with Dutt ever, but that's just my bias talking. Also, avoid the nine million matches Sabin had against Kazarian and Michael Shane back in Nashville, because they were all two-star cookie cutter affairs that all looked alike.

As for his best stuff? I second the recommendations for vs. Joe at No Surrender and vs. Juvy in the X Cup.

Guest Timmer
I wouldn't recommend anything with Dutt ever, but that's just my bias talking.

I agree, how does this guy still get airtime is beyond me...

Stay away from the original Ultimate X. It may have started the gimmick, but it's still the worst of them all, and this isn't even a hindsight deal: it was that lame when it first aired. Of course, the belt dropping TWICE didn't help, nor did Michael Shane's (who wasn't over AT ALL until near the END of his title reign) random winning of the belt.

Outside of No Surrender '05, don't even bother with modern-day Sabin bouts. The X-Division as a whole is so lame (unless it involves Samoa Joe) after early 2004 that it's not even worth watching, really.

Check out Sabin's TNA debut, which was my TNA MOTY for '03: XXX (Skipper/Daniels) vs. F'N Amazing (Lynn/Red) vs. Storm/Shark Boy vs. Cross/Sabin. Sabin OWNED the first half of this match, and it's great just to hear the reaction of the Nashville fans when Sabin did the swinging Rock Bottom-like backbreaker for the first time. BIG pop for that one, and his plancha that has he's since done in every big match? First appearance here, and still looks the best.

Also, Ultimate X 2 is worth a watch. Infinitely better than the first one, and easily my favorite of all of them. LowKi (Senshi), Christopher Daniels, Chris Sabin, and Michael Shane when he just hit his perfect stride as a pure prick heel. The teased spots here are almost as good as the delivered ones, and, if anything, it's worth watching for the ass-kicking LowKi dishes out to EVERYBODY.

Sabin OWNED the first half of this match, and it's great just to hear the reaction of the Nashville fans when Sabin did the swinging Rock Bottom-like backbreaker for the first time. BIG pop for that one,

Yep. Nashville TNA crowd >>>> Orlando TNA crowd. I've yet to hear them come up with anything half as cool as the Heel Section hold their fists up black panther style and shouting "Hail Sabin!"

True. As much as I often dislike and bitch about Low-Ki, he does have that annoying ability to have unusually good matches with plain vanilla opponents.

I actually wasn't a fan of Sabin's heel run in 2003 and think he actually improved overtime though his match with Paul London was pretty good.

I dislike this whole sentence.

Why? Cuz I think a guy who stole all his moves from Japanese guys, is infamous for being a dick backstage, and kicks people in the head in a concussion-inducing manner is just a wee bit overrated?

If Ki/Senshi/Bald Puerto Rican Ninja Guy With a 'Tude/whatever wasn't so damn fucking entertaining in the ring in that "HOLY FUCK, THAT MUST HURT" sense...if he didn't make half of what he did so damn believable...well then, I'd hate him for his reported attitude backstage. But he's so damn fun to watch!

Sabin's best match by far was the X Cup tourney match with Juventud. That was one there that just blew my mind on an initial viewing, and also when I rewatched it last year. Considering however that Juventud had a similarly brilliant match with Teddy Hart on that show and Sabin's other stuff in the tourney was just "eh" I have to wonder if Juvie was carrying him a bit.

Sabin and Shelley could be a great team in TNA if they'd get the X belt off Sabin so they could team full time. Black Machismo is over with the crowd, so just pull the trigger on Lethal's title win, and forget this idiotic Backlund crap and let these guys team.