TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ROH: 6/8 (Boston) and 6/9 (Philly)

(Boston)

ROH World Title Match

Takeshi Morishima Vs Jay Briscoe

Delirious, Matt Cross and Erick Stevens Vs Roderick Strong, Rocky Romero and Davey Richards

Mark Briscoe Vs Kevin Steen

Bryan Danielson Vs Jimmy Rave

Nigel McGuinness Vs Chris Hero Vs Claudio Castagnoli Vs Mike Quackenbush

Matt Sydal Vs El Generico

BJ Whitmer Vs Brent Albright

(Philly)

ROH World Title Match

Takeshi Morishima Vs Roderick Strong

ROH World Tag Team Titles

2/3 Falls

Briscoes Vs Claudio Castagnoli and Chris Hero

Bryan Danielson Vs Matt Sydal

Nigel McGuiness Vs ?

Delirious Vs Rocky Romero

Matt Cross Vs Davey Richards

BJ Whitmer Vs Brent Albright Vs Jimmy Rave Vs Erick Stevens

El Generico and Kevin Steen Vs Jigsaw and Mike Quackenbush

Lacey Vs Daizee Haze

Damien Wayne Vs Rex Sterling

Gran Akuma and Hallowicked Vs Azrieal and Deranged

Top of the Class Trophy Match

Pelle Primeau Vs Rhett Titus Vs Mitch Franklin Vs Alex Payne

Azrieal and Deranged are back? Eh.

Alot of the bottom card matches for Philly's show is a Do or Die. Basically Az and Deranged have to earn a spot.

Guest ~RW

He's not and I believe Morishima is going to have a lengthy run, as he's supposed to work a lot more shows this year.

Boston results

Preshow

1) Rhett Titus & Mitch Franklin defeated two locals (names not given)

Main Show

1) BJ Whitmer and Brent Albright go to a no contest when Whitmer headbutts Paul Turner. Crowd ate it up.

-Daizee Haze calls out Jimmy Jacobs and Lacey. Jimmy comes out with his cane. Daizee attacks him with the cane and Lacey makes the save. Jimmy gets Lacey to attack Daizee and gets carried to the back.

2) Bryan Danielson defeats Jimmy Rave with elbows to the head.

3) Kevin Steen defeated Mark Briscoe in a fantastic match with a package piledriver. Steen continued pounding him after the bell but Jay made the save.

-It was announced that Death Before Dishonor V Night 1 will be in Boston on August 10th, and it will be Generico/Steen vs The Briscoes in a Boston Street Fight.

4) Claudio Castagnoli defeats Nigel McGuinness, Chris Hero, and Mike Quackenbush to earn a title shot on August 10th. He pinned Quack with a running European Uppercut.

**INTERMISSION**

5) Eddie Edwards defeats Pelle Primeau with a cradle.

6) Matt Sydal defeats Generico with a rana reversal. Excellent match, crowd had dueling chants most of the way.

7) Resilience & Delirious defeat the NRC with Delirious beating Roderick. Sloppy match at times.

Guest ~RW

8) Takeshi Morishima defeats Jay Briscoe with a Backdrop Driver to retain the ROH Championship.

-After the match (I think this is what the message meant) The Briscoes and Steen/Generico brawled around teasing the match in August.

How so?

It went down as expected. Claudio was a bit suspect but it was a swerve from the predictable Nigel victory and Claudio/Morishima should be all types of goodness. The only curious booking choice was the early placement of the Danielson match.

I had a blast at the show last night. I felt that the booking was great in that everyone was allowed to get over and they took several steps into making Steen and Generico look like stars.

Absolutely can't wait for Death Before Dishonor.

Main Show Results

1) MATT SYDAL d. HALLOWICKED with a Shooting Sydal Press

- BRYAN DANIELSON was injured last night and can't compete.

2) LACEY and DAIZEE HAZE wrestled to a time limit draw

3) KEVIN STEEN & EL GENERICO d. MIKE QUACKENBUSH & JIGSAW with the Package Piledriver/Brainbuster combo

4) DAVEY RICHARDS d. MATT CROSS with the Kimura lock; after the match the rest of the NO REMORSE CORPS beat up Cross until ERICK STEVENS and DELIRIOUS made the save

5) DELIRIOUS d. ROCKY ROMERO with a rollup; a brawl between the NRC and the Resilience and Delirious is occuring

Delirious and the Resilience challenged The No Remorse Corps to a Philly Street Fight on Death Before Dishonor V: Night Two, to be held on August 11th

6) MARK & JAY BRISCOE d. CHRIS HERO & CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI in 2 straight falls

1st fall- Jay pins Hero

2nd fall- Doomsday Device on Claudio

**INTERMISSION**

7) BRENT ALBRIGHT d. B.J. WHITMER, JIMMY RAVE and ERICK STEVENS in a Four Corner Survival when Albright pinned Whitmer

NIGEL MCGUINNESS vs. LARRY SWEENEY'S MYSTERY MAN is being taped for the 2nd PPV

The mystery man is...former ROH World Champion BRYAN DANIELSON!!!

Ongoing results

Guest ~RW

8) BRYAN DANIELSON d. NIGEL MCGUINNESS with the Arms Across America in a "fantastic" match, even after Danielson got busted open head butting Nigel; this match was taped for the 2nd PPV

9) TAKESHI MORISHIMA d. RODERICK STRONG with the Backdrop Driver to retain the ROH World title

It'll still be on the PPV, correct? Just buy the PPV as I would assume most legit fans would do as support and you'll have it on record anyways. I'm all for exclusive content. Besides, it'll be on DVD after the PPV airs anyways.

I made a quick jump to the ROH board and it seems no one realizes the purpose. It's hardly a big deal. It's not like the match will never be seen. It'll be on PPV and another DVD. That's two avenues to see the match.

The ROH board is hilarious to read. So sad.

When is Nigel going to get his big win over Danielson? It really pissed me off that he never got a defining win over Joe when Joe was on his way out, and I don't see the point in constantly having Nigel lose these big matches

I made a quick jump to the ROH board and it seems no one realizes the purpose. It's hardly a big deal. It's not like the match will never be seen. It'll be on PPV and another DVD. That's two avenues to see the match.

It isn't so much that the match will never be seen, but ROH fans buy the DVD's to watch the full show and don't want to have to purchase another DVD to see it since it throws off continuity.

Dames

Putting the match on PPV, for first time viewing for anyone not in the building that night is a reason, a "draw" for these fans to order this PPV instead of waiting and just getting the DVD instead.

It's not the downfall of the company, as I actually saw someone claim. For every decent and sensible poster at the ROH board, there's a dozen dolts clueless about anything.

Shouldn't the fans be buying the PPV anyways? It's 10 bucks and if these die-hards love the company so much, they should be ordering the PPV anyways. "Show continunity" is a bullshit concept and remains nothing but a stretch.

Well, I certainly don't want to start up the debate here, but I think its a valid point. The PPV's are supposed to add new fans to the product that are then supposed to go and purchase the DVD's (in theory), which is ROH's main source of income. So, for fans who buy every show (the diehards and completists), they're being forced to purchase a DVD of a show that's incomplete and missing the best match on the card. There's not much incentive to purchasing that DVD now.

And in terms of continuity, every show builds off of the storylines and matches that happened prior, so by the time this match is released on DVD, it'll come across as being months dated as opposed to 6 weeks. Continuity is a factor in effective writing and storylines.

I personally see both sides to it and some people on the board are going a little overboard, but I can understand where the problem is.

Dames

Putting the match on PPV, for first time viewing for anyone not in the building that night is a reason, a "draw" for these fans to order this PPV instead of waiting and just getting the DVD instead.

It's not the downfall of the company, as I actually saw someone claim. For every decent and sensible poster at the ROH board, there's a dozen dolts clueless about anything.

Shouldn't the fans be buying the PPV anyways? It's 10 bucks and if these die-hards love the company so much, they should be ordering the PPV anyways. "Show continunity" is a bullshit concept and remains nothing but a stretch.

And the people who can't buy the PPVs?

And the people who can't buy the PPVs?

I forgot to bring this up as well. Most of the people who are really up in arms about this are those who either have DirecTV or don't live in the states that feel they're getting shortchanged.

Dames

The match in question took place 6/9 in Philly.

The DVD of the 6/9 show will NOT have this match on it.

The PPV featuring this match will be airing in September.

The match won't be released until after the PPV airs, which is September/October at the earliest, on a different DVD.

I'd say they have a right to be mad.

Because of all of the commotion, Gabe posted a message on the ROH board basically admitting fault due to scheduling conflicts and from now on, all PPV shows will be full shows, not one match here, one match there, etc.

Dames

Honestly, I'm not really 'mad' about it myself. It just seems like a mis-calculation, which as much good as it does for the PPV system, it disrupts the DVD system, especially for people who can't get the PPVs. Those that if they're going to buy the 6/9 show, should expect to get the entire 6/9 show when they buy it. Doesn't bother me that much personally, because I'm pretty strict as to what ROH DVDs I buy anyway and 6/8 looks the better show.

What kinda bothers me, the fake injury angle... never a fan. I guess technically it's not really 'bait and switch', but it's close enough that it bugs me. Besides, I'd have been more interested in Danielson/Sydal than Danielson/McGuiness anyway, seeing as I already have the one that mattered at Unified.

The thing that's really bugging me with ROH right now is the way that Jimmy Loves Lacey ended. But that's a rant I don't want to get into right now.

Well, I was at 6/8 in Boston and the Jimmy/Daizee Haze/Lacey segment was one of the bigger angles on that show and it seemed like the crowd was pretty smart to what was going on and liked the direction.

I find it pretty funny that the roles are reversed now it seems, but that's just based on the one segment.

Just curious, what do you guys dislike about where it's going?

Dames