TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CubbyBr

Sid Vicious update

For all of Sid's shortcomings, he totally makes up for it with his look, charisma, and character. If he's in shape, I say bring it on. Has the guy worked a match since the horrible accident in WCW? I've been a fan of his since he first showed up in the business, and I've always been entertained by him, both for the bad and the good.

When Sid snapped and powerbombed Shawn Michaels three times (or however many it was) is one of my favorite Sid moments.

The problem with that Cena angle that was mentioned is that it's impossible to build Cena as this Rocky type underdog when the key aspect of the angle is Sid's apparent careern ending injury (and showing that over and over on TV). First, it would put sympathy on the heel and second should Cena really have trouble with a guy who suffered such an injury?

I always liked Sid, especially on the mic, but him being back would bring to mind memories of mid 90s WWF garbage that is better off forgotten.

yeah but

cena played a good heel vs. rvd last year and if they started dropping subtle teases of a heel turn again, every wrestling fan on the internet would shit their pants

sycho sid was a former wwf champion and main eventer for years, so it is pretty conceivable that even my favourite wrestler of all time John Cena would be in for a fight

and even if he sucks on the mic... he can't be any worse than "i'm gonna kick your BUTT" bobby lashley, the worst talker who gets time to talk in the WWE

Wasn't there talk of having Sid actually be in one of the WM 23's main events or something like that or was that just another BS rumor?

It seems like some rumor about Sid returning pops up every year or so, for whatever reason.

I wouldn't mind seeing him come back for one final (short run), either as a bodyguard or in a limited program with someone. I always liked the big guy, and marked out when he was WWF Champion.

One other thing. Flair and the rest weren't exactly complimentary to Sid in the Horsemen DVD...

Scenario: Tonight on Raw, Cena beats Edge (clean, DQ, COR, however) and wins the right to pick a ball from the hopper for Raw. Before doing so, Vince tells Cena that whoever he picks, that will be his Vengeance: Night of Champions opponent. Cena picks a ball, reads the paper, and has the puzzled look of shock on his face.

"Who'd ya pick?"

"Sid.... Psycho f'n Sid".

I would mark for that. Won't happen, but I would mark for it.

It would be nice if a "surprise" person was picked somehow, but it won't happen. Guys like Eugene and Kenny Dykstra will switch shows, and Jim Ross will act like it's a huge deal.

I love Sid, but he's god awful in the ring, and that was before he snapped his leg in half. I'd love to see him back as a manager or bodyguard or whatever, but keep him out of the ring as much as possible, other than to beat the shit out of people.

He was pretty awful to say the least. He reminded me of Jim Duggan in a lot of ways, because Duggan was soooo bad at making it so obvious what the other wrestler was about to do. for example, if someone was to hit him with a chair from behind, duggan's body language would telegraph it 5 seconds before it happened. Sid's other plusses though made up for his lack of ring skills for me personally. So i wouldn't mind having him back at all.

Sid would be great to have back for his promos..I'm not sure why but he always cracked me up. And least we forget there is always the chance of a "I've got half the brain as you do" type promo again

I remember a Sid interveiw from a few years back where his idea of his big return storyline would be regaining the belt in his first match, have a long reign with it and "passing the torch" to a young guy. If he still wants to do that same angle, I don't think we will see him any time soon in WWE.

I like Sid when he was with/against Michaels. However, the last time I saw him on TV was when he was doing the Millenium Man angle, only a few month after Jericho's debut in the WWF, and his feud with Goldberg where he had his own streak of one hundred-something and 0. I found him horrible at that time, I don't see how good he would be as a full-time wrestler 8 years older and a busted leg.

That being said, I'd still like to see him in a short angle or a special appereance on Raw. I just hope he won't "Vader-ize" his come back.

His last run in WCW was pretty awful. He was booked horribly...the "Millennium Man" gimmick made him seem like a Jericho wannabe, and the "streak" was ridiculous. He'd run into the ring and start powerbombing jobbers, and the announcers would count each powerbomb as a win. Just stupid and really insulting to the audience. Also, he was given way too much mic time. Vince Russo seemed to think that you could just hand any wrestler a mic, have them go out for ten minutes, and they'd be the next Rock or Stone Cold.

Only if Johnny Ace can be the 'producer' for his matches again.

Sid's time has long passed. He'll get a big nostalgia pop should he return, and then he'll get less and less of a reaction as people start to realize he's even worse than he used to be and the reality doesn't match the fantasy.

Scenario: Tonight on Raw, Cena beats Edge (clean, DQ, COR, however) and wins the right to pick a ball from the hopper for Raw. Before doing so, Vince tells Cena that whoever he picks, that will be his Vengeance: Night of Champions opponent. Cena picks a ball, reads the paper, and has the puzzled look of shock on his face.

"Who'd ya pick?"

"Sid.... Psycho f'n Sid".

I would mark for that. Won't happen, but I would mark for it.

That could work for almost anybody.

"Who'd ya pick?"

"Yang...Jimmy Wang f'n Yang."

"Who'd ya pick?"

"McCool...Michelle f'n McCool."

"Who'd ya pick?"

"Who the (bleep) is Aurora?"

I'd certinaly give a 'haha shit' moment if he appeared on the screen again, can't help but feel WWE are missing someone like him at the moment - despite their best efforts.

Sid in ECW was my favorite. When he destroyed Little Spike Dudley I marked the fuck out.

It was surprising how loud of a pop he got from the ecw crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_v9VkaMdOI

One of my favorite ECW PPV's of all time. Man, The memories of ECW and how I always used to mark the fuck out. It was amazing. RIP ECW. RIP.

Has the guy worked a match since the horrible accident in WCW?

Yes, I worked a show with him about two years ago. He looked pretty much the same as he always has. And cut a bizarre incoherent promo that the crowd still popped for. And had a really crappy match (but it was against a way-past-his-prime Bobby Eaton who couldn't even take the powerbomb, so no surprise there). And then dislocated a jobber's jaw with a single thunderous slap in the postmatch pull-apart. And he easily got the biggest audience reaction of anyone on the show, way outdoing Terry Funk's response in the main event. Yep, same old Sid.

Has the guy worked a match since the horrible accident in WCW?

Yes, I worked a show with him about two years ago. He looked pretty much the same as he always has. And cut a bizarre incoherent promo that the crowd still popped for. And had a really crappy match (but it was against a way-past-his-prime Bobby Eaton who couldn't even take the powerbomb, so no surprise there). And then dislocated a jobber's jaw with a single thunderous slap in the postmatch pull-apart. And he easily got the biggest audience reaction of anyone on the show, way outdoing Terry Funk's response in the main event. Yep, same old Sid.

I think I'm going to have to dig into my tape library and start watching some of Sid's old matches. Are they really that god awful? Maybe the fact that it was Sid himself took away from the terrible wrestling. Because the man's entrance, promos, and just flat out beastlyness (sp?) was enough for me to dig him.

Depends, he was really inconsistent. Sometimes his punches looked like a kitten batting at a piece of string, sometimes they were okay. Sometimes he felt like taking a shitload of bumps, sometimes he barely moved. His best performance was probably against HBK at Royal Rumble 97; Shawn had the flu or some damn thing and was clearly off his game, so Sid actually halfway carried him thru that match.

Sid's pretty weird - at his worst he's pretty damn bad, but at his best he can actually put on a pretty exciting and entertaining match.

Am I the only one who enjoyed Sid during his early 00 super push after he lost to Beniot and started using the Crossface as a finisher?

Am I the only one who enjoyed Sid during his early 00 super push after he lost to Beniot and started using the Crossface as a finisher?

One vote for "yes, you're the only one". I've always been a Vicious fan but no matter how hard I tried to like him during that push, I couldn't help but hate it all.

Guest mpcuniverse
Do we really need another beat up, broken down gimp on WWE television? Sid should have saved his money.

Umm I seem to remember them bringing back Marty Jannetty a couple of times...Anyway I could see Sid working a good...well decent program with Batista. It would give Dave a purpose on Smackdown after he loses at Vengeance. Plus two older guys that can't lead a match to save their lives should be entertaining to say the least...if not then it will be like the rest of Titan programming...filler

cena played a good heel vs. rvd last year and if they started dropping subtle teases of a heel turn again, every wrestling fan on the internet would shit their pants

The irony!