TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

OAO Monday Night Raw Thread- June 11, 2007

Tonight on Raw, a match between John Cena and Edge will kick off the show at its special start time of 8/7 CT on the USA Network.

The matches on tonight’s Raw will be interpromotional, and each match will affect the WWE Draft. The winning Superstar of each match will earn his (or her) brand the next WWE Draft pick. Also, don’t forget, tonight is Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night. Tune in at 8/7 CT for a special three-hour Raw on the USA Network.

WWE.com

Just a thought...Why not Add Lashley and just make it a Three Way Dance Elimination Style. That way if you get eliminated first you get the third pick...and next person eliminated gets the second Pick...and the winner Picks first....

Guess that makes too much sense..but im sure they have something else to make up for it...

I have this strange feeling we're going to get CM Punk vs Randy Orton. Orton and Punk will have some confrontation where he talks trash, says he'll beat Punk tonight and never have to see him again, etc. He'll win via nefarious means, then pick CM Punk's name out of the hopper and do his Orton face.

If they limit the television time for the celebrities, this should be a fun show. Although I think we'll see FAR too much time dedicated to the appreciation of Vince McMahon.

There's a list of celebrities including Steve-O showing up. I can only hope for another squash match where he laughs through the whole thinga.

Nope, you got to pay for the Summerslam ppv to see that.

Tonight on Raw, a match between John Cena and Edge will kick off the show at its special start time of 8/7 CT on the USA Network.

The matches on tonight’s Raw will be interpromotional, and each match will affect the WWE Draft. The winning Superstar of each match will earn his (or her) brand the next WWE Draft pick. Also, don’t forget, tonight is Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night. Tune in at 8/7 CT for a special three-hour Raw on the USA Network.

WWE.com

Just a thought...Why not Add Lashley and just make it a Three Way Dance Elimination Style. That way if you get eliminated first you get the third pick...and next person eliminated gets the second Pick...and the winner Picks first....

Guess that makes too much sense..but im sure they have something else to make up for it...

See, if the brands were 'teams,' then you would want to get the win for your brand, but if I'm in a match, I'd throw it b/c I don't want to face the best superstars on my show. That's why these brand vs. brand stuff doesn't get me excited.

btw, I've never watched a draft special. Do they actually pick who gets drafted, or is it random?

Technically this is only the 3rd one being aired (the 3rd draft / 2nd draft lottery in 2005 was spaced out over 5 weeks to try and spread out the ratings gain of the 2004 show and also allowed them to send Cena to Raw with the WWE title while keeping Batista on Raw with the WHC until right after his last match with HHH on PPV) but the format has been as follows:

2002 - Vince and Ric picked the wrestlers out of the entire roster based on who they wanted.

2004 - Names in a hopper, lots of interpromotional matches. Heyman and Bischoff would periodically come out to announce whose name was picked. They also did "the next name I pick wrestles this next match" and "the next name wrestles HHH" (Rhyno and Eddie respectively, IIRC).

Appreciating Mr. McMahon

Written: June 11, 2007

Tonight is Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night on Raw, and WWE.com has learned that the following celebrities and WWE Legends will be offering their comments on the WWE Chairman tonight in Wilkes-Barre, Pa.:

-"Stone Cold" Steve Austin

-Former Minnesota Governor and WWE Hall of Famer Jesse "The Body" Ventura

-Donald Trump

-WWE Hall of Famer "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka

-MTV's Jackass star Steve-O

-WWE Hall of Famer Captain Lou Albano

-WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart

-Multi-platinum recording artist Snoop Dogg

-WWE Hall of Famer Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

-"Hardcore Legend" Mick Foley

-WWE Hall of Famer "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

-Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban

-WWE Hall of Famer The Iron Sheik

-Legendary sportscaster Bob Costas

-WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes

-WWE Hall of Famer "Mean" Gene Okerlund

To see what these folks have to say about the boss, tune into Raw tonight on USA Network at its special start time of 8/7 CT.

The Raw draft show and the Mr. McMahon Appreciation night of Raw takes place from a sold out Wilkes-Barre, PA. Confirmed as appearing on the show are Mick Foley, Jesse Ventura, Steve O, Bobby Heenan, Moolah, Mae Young and Gene Okerlund. They have been feverishly trying to get some of Mr. McMahon's real, perceived and/or storyline enemies to make appearances whether live or on tape for the show. As of this morning, they were still in last minute attempts for some names. Basically, if you can think or any high-profile person who fits the bill of a real, perceived or storyline enemy of Vince, that person was likely discussed and talked about.The show is something along the lines of a series of interpromotional matches, where the winning side gets to pick a wrestler from the losing side. John Cena vs. Edge in a battle of champions will open the show at 8 p.m. tonight.

I wish that they'd get an out of his mind Iron Sheik, and as soon as it cuts to his "tribute" video he simply goes "FUCK Vince McMahon..." and then cuts to someone else.

Bret Hart eh? I wonder if they actually got him to record a short comment about Vince for this.

Since when is Cuban a enemy? While Cuban would have been a better billionaire to compete with McMahon rather then Donald Trump, I don't see the connection. So, the idea is that everyone will rip McMahon? Tonight sounds like the most entertaining clusterfuck in years.

Yeah wow! We now have to watch 2 guys who have good chemistry in the ring together with a track record of good matches! Sounds shit doesn't it!

Anyways, they better pull out Sid or Jericho tonight, WWE hasn't given us any huge awesome surprises in months.

I guess the fact that we're gonna see Bret Hart on WWE TV tonight is not a big deal to anyone else...

Unless you're all playing I'll believing when i see it card..

it would mean a lot more if they kept the ppvs separated.

Or if there was an actual distinction between the brands. Not to mention it seems that anyone can jump to another brand at will.

Also, why is a jobber holding the IC title?

I guess the fact that we're gonna see Bret Hart on WWE TV tonight is not a big deal to anyone else...

It's a taped video that'll probably last no more then 30 seconds. If he was showing up and cutting a promo, that'd be news.

I was expecting more of a picture of him, along with some guy talking for him, like Edge did with Flair a few years ago, or like Conan O'Brien does.

Dave Meltzer

The Bret Hart promo tonight will be a new tape that was just shot outside a gym in Hawaii. It's a short clip, maybe a minute or less. I don't know how it turned out but the idea they wanted was for him to act like he was surprised a camera crew found him, for him to act like he was blowing them off, and to cut an on-air in character promo on Vince McMahon.

I'm a little bit shocked that Bret would even do something that simple. Isn't this pretty much an "angle", something he said he'd never do? Either way, it sounds interesting.

They really should get his real enemies and get their reaction, if the idea is to have people rip McMahon. Find Bruno at the gym and let the tape roll. Print out any of Warrior's rants and put paint on The Miz and go to town.

so, WWE.com has posted the results of the polls they've had all week, asking people where they want certain wrestlers to end up.

Basically, the fans' results: All faces to Raw, and all heels to ECW. With 2 exceptions: Kane staying on SD and RVD staying on ECW.

That's right, starting this week...it's Friday Night Kanedown! Watch as he defeats the empty roster to win all titles, including the CW title!

so, WWE.com has posted the results of the polls they've had all week, asking people where they want certain wrestlers to end up.

Basically, the fans' results: All faces to Raw, and all heels to ECW. With 2 exceptions: Kane staying on SD and RVD staying on ECW.

That's right, starting this week...it's Friday Night Kanedown! Watch as he defeats the empty roster to win all titles, including the CW title!

and you know what the sad thing of that would be...we'd all tune in to watch it and make sure that it got high ass ratings.

So I don't get it, you have to win a match to be able to draft someone to your show? So unless CM Punk has a match and wins...ECW is pretty much getting no body?