TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Mr. McMahon "dead" - Now for the "whodunit" angle.

"Fatherless Day" is the headline on WWE.com with pictures of Shane and Stephanie. That's terrible.

Yeah, I know they want to make it seem real, but it comes to a point where you have to cross the line.

From the PWInsider.com free site:

THE LATEST ON WHERE WWE IS GOING WITH MR. MCMAHON

by Dave Scherer @ 11:30:00 AM on 6/17/2007

The unfortunate passing of Sherri Martel has, predictably, caused some people inside WWE to broach the idea of ending the "Mr. McMahon is dead" angle. Since it started last week, there have been a number of people in the company who have felt it was a mistake to do the program. Some felt it was in bad taste. Others felt it would cause a backlash against WWE for treating death in such a trivial manner when, in the past, they have been respectful of those who have passed away.

And as we mentioned on The No Name Show this week, there was always the "what would happen if Vince McMahon really died while the angle was going on" scenario to consider as well.

But, as is usually the case, when the boss is behind an angle, no one makes too big of a deal out of their opposing opinion. When Martel passed on Friday, there were a number of people who were downright embarrassed by the way her death was placed far down on the company's website, under all of the bogus reports of Mr. McMahon's demise. It has led to discussions internally about ending the angle but the feeling I get is that Vince is still behind it so it will continue in the direction it has already started, with it being the centerpiece of the programming pondering the question of who did it.

But, at least those of us who are against the angle can take solace in the fact that there definitely are people in the company that see this angle as harmful. It's just a shame that those who matter don't seem to be in that group.

From a storyline perspective I wonder if they will blame Estrada. Vince stitched him up make him announce to Lashley that he wasn't allowed to touch VKM, Shane or Umaga recently. Bitter from the beating which left him in a wheelchair wanting to regain control of "his" Samoan Bulldozer the machiavellian manager plotted his revenge culminating in Vince's death and him taking over the WWE with Umaga as his enforcer.

Okay, I figured it out.

Remember during the draft when Lashley and Masters came out onto the stage and their pyro was magically right there waiting for them? Even though Lashley had already had a match and presumably used his pyro up? Well, maybe they upgraded the pyro so the wrestlers can take it wherever they go. You know, like Viscera and Cryme Time's theme music.

Theory- Lashley was standing on the other side of the limo, winding down after a hard night. He yawned, stretched too far and... KABOOM, portable pyro.

Guest SoulxOfxLove

Any1 Else Wonder Why Undertaker didn't show at the paying respects thing...??

I think.

& its a strech.

That Undertaker will Bring Him Back.

Lol....Wouldn't that be awsome.

Funny on one had thou. since...

isn't it vince that brought the deadman back.

my memory is lost. so yea....good idea?

I'm not callous but I don't see the big deal in regards to the timing of Sherri dying and why that would affect this angle. If they are planning on stretching this angle out over the next few months, isn't it inevitable that some wrestler is going to die some time during that period, especially with wrestlers dying left and right these days? If they're against the angle, they're against it. If they're for it, they're for it. Don't understand why someone would change their position just because Sherri passed...

I had a good laugh reading the threads on Vince's bio at IMDB. Even though it is funny to hear the people think he's dead, I laughed harder at the ones that typed out lengthy reasons on why he didn't really die.

Real simple way for this to go.

Just fingerprint the camera that caught the limo explosion. Someone obviously knew that the limo was going to blow up, and they set a camera there to capture it. Just get fingerprints off the camera, and you've got a real short list of suspects.

Real simple way for this to go.

Just fingerprint the camera that caught the limo explosion. Someone obviously knew that the limo was going to blow up, and they set a camera there to capture it. Just get fingerprints off the camera, and you've got a real short list of suspects.

Or, McMahon had a time spot booked for an interview, and since he decided against it, the cameras were following him to see what he would do. They followed him backstage, of course they followed him outside, that's their job, and they had nothing else to fill the show with.

Besides, they always have cameras set up all over the WWE arenas. How else do they always catch the ongoings backstage, and people arriving to the arena?

Paul London is a key suspect according to WWE.com!

While every other Superstar in WWE and ECW stood silent and somber at the end of Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night just moments before the limo explosion, one Superstar had a smile on his face - Paul London. What did the high-flying Superstar have to smile about? Federal investigator Beck may want to find out.

For the rest of the suspects

Operation "Give yourself a push" is in full effect.

What would they have done if it rained Monday night?

Nothing, since they blew up the car a day or two before.

Actually, it did rain on the way to the show.

While every other Superstar in WWE and ECW stood silent and somber at the end of Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night just moments before the limo explosion, one Superstar had a smile on his face - Paul London. What did the high-flying Superstar have to smile about? Federal investigator Beck may want to find out.

I thought word was going around backstage that he buried himself when he couldn't keep a straight face. So, either it WAS scripted and we were wrong all along, or he really did give himself a push.

I thought word was going around backstage that he buried himself when he couldn't keep a straight face. So, either it WAS scripted and we were wrong all along, or he really did give himself a push.

I was thinking about this today and you know what, who the hell wouldn't laugh at him? the Mcmahon character has been this huge asshole and tough guy for so long that it would be only natural that at least some would be laughing at him losing his mind and acting like a damn robot that night, especially the faces. Instead mcmahon expected everyone to act so concerned about him. This guy has such a fragile and pathetic huge ego that its really sickening.

See what happens when you BELIEVE everything that posts on the internet.

From PWInsider:

WHODUNIT HELPS RAW RATING

by Dave Scherer @ 6:45:00 PM on 6/19/2007

The word going around backstage at Smackdown is that Raw did a 4.2 cable rating this week. From what I heard, those in power are pointing to the number to show that the "Mr. McMahon is dead" angle is a success while others in the company are waiting to see how the show does next week. With them having a PPV on Sunday, they will probably have another solid number on 6/25 so the test, to me, will really come on 7/2. We will have a complete ratings report later.

Opie and Anthony were talking about this on their radio show this morning. They joked about the fact that everything has gone wrong with this storyline.

1. The FBI was first reported as being on the scene, but later it turned out the FIC was handling the case.

2. The Wilkes-Barre police made a statement saying the whole explosion was planned, and done the day before

3. Stephanie's promo last night was just a plug for Vengeance, and next week's Raw

4. The lead investigator was at RAW questioning people instead of his headquarters or whatever.

It was a pretty good 20 minute bashing of the angle. They then went into how Shane and Stephanie could get away with murdering Vince, or how funny it would be if he was in Aruba, and had a para-sailing accident.

That's what I meant; how would they portray "Vince just went outside & blew up" if he walked out to a dry limousine and it was pouring rain that night?

WHO IS DANIEL BECK?

Beck on call

By Mike McAvennie

Written: June 19, 2007Daniel Beck made it well known around the Raw locker room Monday night that he is leading the federal investigation into Mr. McMahon’s presumed death from June 11. But that only begs the question…who is Daniel Beck?

For the answers, WWE.com conducted a little investigation of its own, and unearthed some very notable details that make Beck himself a person of great interest…though not in the same manner by which TV authorities often describe a suspect.

The youngest of Geoffrey and Cecilia Beck’s three sons, Daniel Beck graduated summa cum laude from Berkeley’s University of California, earning a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Criminology and Law. By 1998 he had furthered his already-significant training at the Glynco, Ga., campus of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC), an instructional organization for more than 80 federal agencies. There, his refinement of techniques, methodologies and concepts relating to criminal investigation merited an “Honor Graduate of the Year” nomination upon completion of the Center’s Criminal Investigator Training Program (CITP), followed by its Domestic Terrorism and Hate Crimes Training Program (DTHCTP).

In 1999 and 2000, Beck warranted multiple commendations for his investigative work that tied a string of seemingly unconnected murders in Gainesville, Fla., to an illegal gambling ring that had crossed over six state lines. From there, details on his federal career, ranging from 2001 until early 2006, all but disappear. His whereabouts during that time have officially been deemed “classified information,” and “too sensitive” for public consumption. Such references lead one to logically assume that the investigator spent this period of time embroiled heavily in covert criminal or counterintelligence operations.

Since resurfacing as a field agent around mid-2006, Beck has been stationed in downtown New York City, though it has been confirmed that his jurisdiction powers range far outside the city’s five boroughs. And Daniel Beck is using every ounce of his authority as he continues to gather information…information which will hopefully lead to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for this alleged crime

That's what I meant; how would they portray "Vince just went outside & blew up" if he walked out to a dry limousine and it was pouring rain that night?

Wouldn't matter. The only people who would've noticed are the 10,000 that attended the live show. If having the Times Leader write that the explosion occured the night before didn't ruin the angle, neither would some inconvenient weather patterns.

I told you Paul London did it.

For fun, can we start posting pictures of random people who we think did it?