TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Smackdown spoilers

Dark Match:

*Shantelle Taylor, wearing a green mask, defeated Jillian Hall.

Smackdown:

*The entire Smackdown roster assembled for a ten bell salute to Mr. McMahon. The live crowd booed the entire proceedings.

*WWE Tag Team champions Deuce & Domino defeated Paul London & Brian Kendrick.

*Announced for later tonight: WWE United States champion MVP vs. Batista and WWE World champion Edge vs. Ric Flair.

*Matt Hardy pinned William Regal.

*Batista defeated WWE United States champion MVP in a non-title match.

*Ric Flair defeated WWE World champion Edge, DQ when MVP got involved. Batista hit the ring for the save but was taken down by Edge.

The live crowd booed the entire proceedings.

Hooray for the moral fans in whatever town they're at. 10-Bell Salutes are one thing that should never, never, never, NEVER, NEVER be used for fake storylines. It should only be a tribute to those who have passed away, period. (Remember how Lawler sounded pissed/upset during the 10-bell to Big Show's "dad"? That's why.)

Not exactly on topic, but amusing nonetheless, from the Wall Street Times:

In midday trading, shares of WWE were down 25 cents, or 1.4%, to $17.45.

Not exactly the bottom falling out, but a significant loss by stock market standards.

Hooray for the moral fans in whatever town they're at. 10-Bell Salutes are one thing that should never, never, never, NEVER, NEVER be used for fake storylines. It should only be a tribute to those who have passed away, period. (Remember how Lawler sounded pissed/upset during the 10-bell to Big Show's "dad"? That's why.)

Just wondering...

..were you okay with ECW doing a 10 bell salute towards Dreamer's grandfather, then having it interupted by Credible to set up the Dreamer/Credible feud?

four matches for two hours? is that normal? And why push Flair? I mean, I know they are doing this whole "Batista's friend" thing, but they have a decent mid-card they could be pushing (that is, if it doesn't all get sent to Raw to be buried alive).

And why push Flair? I mean, I know they are doing this whole "Batista's friend" thing, but they have a decent mid-card they could be pushing (that is, if it doesn't all get sent to Raw to be buried alive).

Sounds like they are just building up Flair to be fed to MVP at Vengeance. This is probably the hottest Flair will ever be on SD so it makes sense to take advantage of it now.

I think Flair vs. MVP can be an interesting feud so I wouldn't just feed Flair to him and drop it. Isn't it interesting that SD gets the awesome Masters, Khali, and Torrie draft picks and none of them apparently are on the show?

If they actually try to make people buy into this as a serious angle it will end up as the All Time Wrestlecrap angle. They also will come off like The Boy Who Cried Wolf here when someone really does die and fans are dubious as to whether it's real or not.

*The entire Smackdown roster assembled for a ten bell salute to Mr. McMahon. The live crowd booed the entire proceedings.

Jerry Lawler: When Vince McMahon dies, I wonder if the mourners will outnumber the cheering section?

Yes, I stole this joke, from another thread. I admit it.

Guest Johnny B Radd

*Jimmy Wang Yang won a Four-Way, defeating Shannon Moore, Jamie Noble (hey, he made TV!) and Daivari to earn a title shot at WWE Cruiserweight champ Chavo Guerrero at Vengeance.

*Jimmy Wang Yang won a Four-Way, defeating Shannon Moore, Jamie Noble (hey, he made TV!) and Daivari to earn a title shot at WWE Cruiserweight champ Chavo Guerrero at Vengeance.

Why in God's name does Yang need to win a number one contender's match when he's beaten Chavo on at least 6 occasions?

It's Philly. Of course they booed.

To fair, they also gave a huge ovation to an obviously ailing Gorilla Monsoon at WM15. Yes, Philly fans can be assholes, but I think they're pretty genuine too. And when they give a 10-bell salute as part of a ridiculous wrestling angle, it's no wonder the Philly fans are going to shit on it. Good for them.

Just wondering...

..were you okay with ECW doing a 10 bell salute towards Dreamer's grandfather, then having it interupted by Credible to set up the Dreamer/Credible feud?

I'd say that example is a little different, as the crowd at ECW was much smaller and Dreamer's character has always had a strong personal rapport with that audience. The bell ringing went along with his character and the interruption got a lot of heat for Credible. That whole sequence was very well played out.

I can't believe this is the most detailed set of spoilers from last night's tapings.

I have slightly more detailed spoilers...but not much.

No backstage segments were shown or anything, so they may be added in at a later time.

...wonder why they put Shantelle in a mask though...

I fear half the show will be filled with wrestlers' thoughts on Mr. McMahon and some of his greatest moments, essentially a rip off of the Eddie Guerrero and Owen Hart tribute shows.

Faces will criticize Vince, and heels will kiss his ass. So the following week Shane McMahon will put the faces in a bunch of handicap matches.

i'm glad to see the Cruiserweights are starting to get showcased a little bit more, hopefully its a trend and we see the Cruiserweight division getting more air time

The cruisers usually get a brief spurt of momentum where it's pushed as relevant once a year and I figure it's that time of the year for them. The CW's really peaked during the Mysterio-Chavo period as far as importance.

They're just pushing the CW right now so that their night of champions title match has any heat behind it. They really just need to ship Noble to ECW and kill the division. With the handcuffs the CW's are forced to wrestle with, it's not like they're having kick ass matches that you can't see in the ME scene. I'd much rather see Paul London feud with Finlay or Jamie Noble feud with Chris Benoit than see Jimmy Wang Yang vs Chavo Guerrero for the cruiserweight title.

As much as I love Smackdown, I had to press mute for alot of this week's show. They were continuing to push this Mcmahon dumbness with phony "tributes" and commentary that was utterly stupid. This whole angle makes a mockery of shows like Raw Is Owen and the Eddie tributes.

As much as I love Smackdown, I had to press mute for alot of this week's show. They were continuing to push this Mcmahon dumbness with phony "tributes" and commentary that was utterly stupid. This whole angle makes a mockery of shows like Raw Is Owen and the Eddie tributes.

Were there any backstage segments on Smackdown this week?

There weren't any when I saw the show live.

Were there any backstage segments on Smackdown this week?

There weren't any when I saw the show live.

No, just the "tributes". They probably decided not to put them on the Titantron for the live crowd because of the boos, which saved you guys from just how awful they were. Count yourself lucky.

Dark Match:

*Shantelle Taylor, wearing a green mask, defeated Jillian Hall.

I wonder how much longer until she finally makes it on tv. I suppose they have dropped the idea of her playing the part of a man.