TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Smackdown spoilers

this has really been a great Smackdown so far, as wacky as this sounds i think MVP has the potential to be a world champ someday

So if all the belts are being defended how are they doing an ECW title match....

It is said the ECW title match to be announced is

Chris Benoit vs. CM Punk vs. Elijiah Burke vs. Marcus Cor Von for the vacant title at Vengeance

I don't remember the source, but I saw it a few places this week.

This was such a frustrating SD. The wrestling itself was largely very good, especially the Regal/Matt match. But the constant Vince crap and these utterly offensive "tributes" from the stars in the Owen or Eddie vein were just sickening. I changed the channel to anything else that was on during those.

Maybe you should quit taking it so seriously.......this is the wrestling business afterall.

The 10 bell salute must of been bothering for Vickie Guerrero for obious reasons.

great SmackDown. Hardy Vs Regal was excllent. I would love to see both feud over the US Title sometime in the future. a series of matches between these two over the belt would be awesome.

good to see the Cruiserweights make an appearence on SmackDown for once. and flair Vs Edge was a fun match. Great show like always.

No Benoit, Kennedy, Undertaker, Booker, Mysterio, they have by my count only 22 active in-ring males on the current roster. WCW had 100 or more it seemed and couldn't get it right. A 56 year old is in the feature match, tag champs were virtual unknowns not long ago, same for the US champ, and still it beats the stuffing out of Raw, again. I just watched a tape of it, even the tributes weren't that bad because of Regal's performance, and Slaughter's over the top flattery. Do Hayes and Rhodes get the credit for this? I also loved JBL's reaction to the crowd booing the 10 bell salute.

Really, should this line-up:

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/

Result in that much better shows than this line-up?

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/

About the only thing I'm consistently liking on Raw, when I do watch, is Cade and Murdoch, not counting when Matt Hardy or others "cross brands." They wasted chances to turn Eugene and Cryme Time, I doubt most anyone would care now if that happened.

Guest whizzo
The 10 bell salute must of been bothering for Vickie Guerrero for obious reasons.

Yeah I was pretty much ok with it until I saw her stood there and thats when it hit me just how wrong it was

Well, it's hard to say which show is better now because we would need to see both rosters gel with the new guys. If Raw can't be consistently better than SD even after all the new additions then they need to take a serious look at the creative direction on Raw. Cause that roster is now a lot better than SD.

The thing about this Vince angle is that it is so indicative of WWE's embarrassing angles. It seems like when WWE does some really terrible storyline it invariably veers into a direction of being offensive and cringe worthy. If there's one thing I can say about WCW is that they never did stuff that flat out angered or offended me as a fan. Stuff like the Fingerpoke was really stupid and business killing, but it's hardly as offensive as the Katie Vick angle, the Eddie exploitation, or this current Vince death angle. Ditto the Hummer angle in WCW. It was horrible and inconclusive (maybe the worst angle ever), but did it really offend anyone?

Despite the Vince bullshit, this was a Damn good episode of Smackdown. The guys went out there and busted their asses in the the ring. Hardy/Regal was a great 10 min. match. I would love for one of those guys to fued with MVP. Last week MVP/Batista was desent, but this weeks match was even better. Edge/Flair was very good, and I am already loving Flair being on Smackdown. Cant wait for next week.

With Raw raping Smackdowns roster I was a little worried, but Michael Hayes knows his stuff and put together a good show. Lets see if Raw can top it on Monday.

Vicki Guerrero is an actress now. As bad as it might sound, she's paid to play a part, nobody is making her stay. I'm sure there are actors and actresses who lose a loved one and then have to be in a movie where there's a death, and I'm sure there reminded of it, with car wrecks, cancer, etc that might have been the same in their own situation.

It must just be me.....the Katie Vick thing was stupid......but I laughed when I saw it and I still to this day don't think it was offensive.......

If you are easily offended you probably shouldn't be watching wrestling.

The Guerrero family has a myspace and it explicitly says everything you see you WWE TV is Entertainment and not real......some fans need to grasp what wrestlers already do.

It must just be me.....the Katie Vick thing was stupid......but I laughed when I saw it and I still to this day don't think it was offensive.......

If you are easily offended you probably shouldn't be watching wrestling.

For me, and probably others, the Katie Vick thing is offensive just for the fact that it is the dumbest angle I've ever seen in wrestling, especially as the main event angle on the A-Show, Raw. Nevermind just having your top face just being a top contender for the World Title... he needs to be accused of murder! And... fucking a corpse!

The Guerrero family has a myspace and it explicitly says everything you see you WWE TV is Entertainment and not real......

Yep, all entertainment. Like when Droz got paralyzed, not real at all, quite entertaining indeed. Or hell, when Eddie's elbow popped out of socket in gruesome fashion in his very first WWE match, wow, great special effects there.

And they certainly wouldn't be saying that just to toe the company line. Vickie has already proven that she's not above working for the very business that indirectly killed her husband.

If you don't know the difference between how they tell us it's entertainment and not real, and how they tell us the injuries can be real, then I think you need to get a bit of common sense.

If you don't know the difference between how they tell us it's entertainment and not real, and how they tell us the injuries can be real, then I think you need to get a bit of common sense.

Whenever the WWE tells us it's entertainment then it's entertainment, but if they tell us it's real, it's real? How many times have the WWE come out and say 'it's okay folks, this is just entertainment'? I think I speak for JINGUS when I say he knows the difference, the point is you can't compare this to a storyline in any other medium where this difference doesn't exist.

So, in other words, WWE want to play it both ways and we, the loyal marks fans should swallow whichever line we're being fed.

(Man, that strikethrough really helps get the point across, huh?)

I got through about 15 minutes of Smackdown before turning it off. I was curious about the McMahon angle (being that I haven't watched in almost 2 year), but I got SO tired of Bradshaw's little sad voice with "these fans ripping on this angle is awful" thing.

ugh

Did anyone else get the "WARNING: The following program may be considered offensive as it deals with the death of Vince McMahon" before the show?

Also, I wonder who decided what the tributes were going to be. I think they made them fairly joking, although I wondered about Teddy Long comparing Vince to Martin Luther King.