TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

2007 NBA Draft Thread

Well since we are on the eve of the last game of the NBA season, I figure we could get this discussion going. Here is the draft order (as of June 13th).

1. Portland - Greg Oden/C Ohio State

2. Seattle - Kevin Durant/F Texas

3. Atlanta - Al Horford/F Florida

4. Memphis - Mike Conley, Jr./G Ohio State

5. Boston - Jeff Green/F Georgetown (Rights traded to Seattle)

6. Milwaukee - Yi Jianlian/F China

7. Minnesota - Corey Brewer/F Florida

8. Charlotte - Brandan Wright/F North Carolina

9. Chicago (f/New York) - Joakim Noah/F Florida

10. Sacramento - Spencer Hawes/C Washington

11. Atlanta (f/Indiana) - Acie Law, IV/G Texas A&M

12. Philadelphia - Thaddeus Young/F Georgia Tech

13. New Orleans - Julian Wright/F Kansas

14. L.A. Clippers - Al Thornton/F Florida State

15. Detroit (f/Orlando) - Rodney Stuckey/G Eastern Washington

16. Washington - Nick Young/G USC

17. New Jersey - Sean Williams/C Boston College

18. Golden State - Marco Belinelli/G Italy

19. L.A. Lakers - Javaris Crittenton/G Georgia Tech

20. Miami - Jason Smith/F Colorado State (Rights traded to Philadelphia)

21. Philadelphia (f/Denver) - Daequan Cook/G Ohio State (Rights traded to Miami)

22. Charlotte (f/Toronto) - Jared Dudley/F Boston College

23. New York (f/Chicago) - Wilson Chandler/F DePaul

24. Phoenix (f/Cleveland) - Rudy Fernandez (Rights traded to Portland)

25. Utah - Morris Almond/G Rice

26. Houston - Aaron Brooks/G Oregon

27. Detroit - Arron Afflalo/G UCLA

28. San Antonio - Tiago Splitter/F Brazil

29. Phoenix - Alando Tucker F/Wisconsin

30. Philadelphia (f/Dallas) -

---------------------------------

31. Seattle (from Memphis)

32. Boston

33. San Antonio (from Milwaukee)

34. Dallas (from Atlanta)

35. Seattle

36. Golden State (from Minnesota)

37. Portland

38. Philadelphia (from New York via Chicago)

39. Orlando (from Sacramento via Utah)

40. L.A. Lakers (from Charlotte)

41. Minnesota (from Philadelphia)

42. Portland (from Indiana)

43. New Orleans

44. Orlando

45. L.A. Clippers

46. Golden State (from New Jersey)

47. Washington

48. L.A. Lakers

49. Chicago (from Golden State via Phoenix, Boston and Denver)

50. Dallas (from Miami via L.A. Lakers)

51. Chicago (from Denver)

52. Portland (from Toronto)

53. Portland (from Chicago)

54. Orlando (from Cleveland)

55. Utah

56. Milwaukee (from Houston)

57. Detroit

58. San Antonio

59. Phoenix

60. Dallas

What do you guys think of Glen Davis? Some people think he's going to be a bust but there's quite a few who think that his guard skills and quickness for his size will make him a unique and productive player.

I just hope they don't take Conley and take a big. Wright, Horford, or the big Chinese guy with the first pick(what the hell, he will bring some attention and some ticket sales) and go with Law IV or Crittenton with the second pick, I will be happy.

Of course...they will take Wright and Jeff Green.

I think Conley could become a great player, but the Hawks cannot wait around for that to happen, they are already close to becoming a playoff team. I like Horford at the 3 pick, I think he'll be a good NBA player. Plus I think Acie Law will be a Sam Cassell-like player, and a good pick at #11.

I just want the NBA to leave Sean Singletary alone for another year. He's come up short in pre-draft camps but is still projecting as a late-round 2nd pick.

No real cases this year of a good team having a great spot in the draft thanks to trades, which I always find the most interesting thing about the draft. Bulls at 9 doesn't have quite the sheen of Bulls at 2 last season.

I think Conley could become a great player, but the Hawks cannot wait around for that to happen, they are already close to becoming a playoff team. I like Horford at the 3 pick, I think he'll be a good NBA player. Plus I think Acie Law will be a Sam Cassell-like player, and a good pick at #11.

I think Conley would be a great addition to a uptempo team and I think he is probably the best point in the draft. But the gap between he, Law and Crittenton is not that big at all, and they will be available at 11.

I guess i wouldn't be torn apart if they made a Conley/Hawes combination with thier picks, or if conley was still available at 11 (which there is a chance he might be) take him then, but the team needs a legit inside guy more than they need a point. Especially when Joe Johnson and Josh Smith NEED to dominate the ball so much.

Sad since they could pick up some immediate help out of this draft...but they won't because Phil don't play no rooks!

I want to see who takes a stab at Nick Fazekas. If the Hawks or the Suns were to pick him up, i wouldn't be angry. plus you could probably get him deep in the second round.

Depends on what they get traded for. If we can pull another Maurice Evans type deal, I'm all for it.

Here's Chad Ford's Top 45 Prospects from espn.com

Greg Oden, 7-0, C, Ohio State

Kevin Durant, 6-10, SF, Texas

Yi Jianlian, 7-0, PF, China

Al Horford, 6-10, PF, Florida

Brandan Wright, 6-10, PF, North Carolina

Corey Brewer, 6-8, SG, Florida

Jeff Green, 6-10, SF, Georgetown

Julian Wright, 6-9, SF, Kansas

Mike Conley, 6-1, PG, Ohio State

Al Thornton, 6-7, SF, Florida State

Joakim Noah, 7-0, PF, Florida

Spencer Hawes, 7-0, C, Washington

Nick Young, 6-7, SG, USC

Thaddeus Young, 6-8, SF, Georgia Tech

Acie Law IV, 6-4, PG, Texas A&M

Rodney Stuckey, 6-5, SG, Eastern Washington

Javaris Crittenton, 6-5, PG, Georgia Tech

Tiago Splitter, 7-0, PF, Brazil

Jason Smith, 7-0, PF, Colorado State

Sean Williams, 6-10, C, Boston College

Gabe Pruitt, 6-4, PG, USC

Josh McRoberts, 6-10, PF, Duke

Morris Almond, 6-6, SG, Rice

Daequan Cook, 6-6, SG, Ohio State

Derrick Byars, 6-7, SF, Vanderbilt

Marco Belinelli, 6-6, SG, Italy

Rudy Fernandez, 6-6, SG, Spain

DeVon Hardin, 6-11, C, California

Glen Davis, 6-9, PF, LSU

Ali Traore, 6-10, PF, France

Marc Gasol, 7-0, C, Spain

Aaron Gray, 7-0, C, Pittsburgh

Marcus Williams, 6-7, SF, Arizona

Taurean Green, 6-1, PG, Florida

Demetris Nichols, 6-8, SF, Syracuse

Alando Tucker, 6-5, SF, Wisconsin

Wilson Chandler, 6-8, SF, DePaul

Kyrylo Fesenko, 7-0, PF, Ukraine

Jared Dudley, 6-7, SF, Boston College

Arron Afflalo, 6-5, SG, UCLA

Zabian Dowdell, 6-3, PG, Virginia Tech

Jared Jordan, 6-2, PG, Marist

Renaldas Seibutis, 6-6, SG, Lithuania

Nick Fazekas, 6-11, PF, Nevada

There are rumors all over that the Suns will trade Shawn Marion to the Celtics for Delonte West, the no. 5 pick and Theo Ratliff's contract. That at least makes some sense for both sides.

If the Suns make that trade, would Julian Wright be available at 5. I think he might be one of those players who plays much better in a wide open pro system like Phoenix than he did at Kansas

I hope the Bulls do not draft Noah, he's too raw. The media around here want them to pick Noah, so they can have a personality to interview. I predict that if Conley is still there at 9, the Bulls will draft him and trade him to Portland for Randolph and Jack.

There are rumors all over that the Suns will trade Shawn Marion to the Celtics for Delonte West, the no. 5 pick and Theo Ratliff's contract. That at least makes some sense for both sides.

They aren't trading Marion for a deal that shitty. They basically get one shitty oft injured player, one half way decent player, and a rookie. For the guy in the top 20 of every statistical catagory in the NBA. Not even close...oh and they would still be over the cap and paying the luxury tax.

I still say trade Amare for KG and call it a championship.

I want the Knicks to pick Stephane Lasme out of UMASS. He's a project, his offensive game is raw and he doesn't have ideal size (6-8, 225) but he's one of the most ridiculous shot blockers I've ever seen. The guy tied the NCAA record for triple doubles by blocking shots and rebounding, and he averaged something like 5 and a half blocks a game. Everyone keeps saying the Knicks need a Charles Oakley type bruiser to put next to Curry, but they already have David Lee who's a great rebounder and solid defender and he should be getting 35-40 minutes a night, what they need is a guy who can come from the weakside to challenge shots, which is exactly what Lasme excells at. He'd give them some versatility out there with Lee, where they could kind of flip the 3/4 position on defense and offense. Lasme's a lot like Tyrus Thomas actually.

I hope the Bulls do not draft Noah, he's too raw. The media around here want them to pick Noah, so they can have a personality to interview. I predict that if Conley is still there at 9, the Bulls will draft him and trade him to Portland for Randolph and Jack.

Portland would be retarded if they did that. The Bulls would have to package one of their decent guys to get Jack and a proven 20/10 player like Randolph.

I think whoever gets Corey Brewer will be credited with having the steal of the draft. He's a quality talent, and I think he's going to be the most successful player from the Gators championship teams in the NBA. Seems like most of the high pick teams need big guys, though. With Oden, Durant, Yi, Horford, and Noah around, it looks like Brewer could fall to 8 or so. I'll be keeping an eye on him.

Portland really doesnt need to do shit other than move Randolph for a quality three. Even if they dont' move Randolph. You are looking at a top 7 of Oden/Durant, Jack, Roy, Rodriguez, Randolph, Aldridge, Webster, Miles, with decent veteran-ish players like Dickau and Pryzbilla. That is a playoff team next year, and likely a title contender provided the players continue to show development/Randoplh and Miles stay out of jail. If they draft Durant, they don't need to move anyone. If they take Oden, who I see as more of a Bill Russell-type starting the break with his defense, then they could bring Aldridge off the bench if need be, and start Webster at the three if he is ready. Either way, the future for the Blazers is very bright

I want the Knicks to pick Stephane Lasme out of UMASS. He's a project, his offensive game is raw and he doesn't have ideal size (6-8, 225) but he's one of the most ridiculous shot blockers I've ever seen. The guy tied the NCAA record for triple doubles by blocking shots and rebounding, and he averaged something like 5 and a half blocks a game. Everyone keeps saying the Knicks need a Charles Oakley type bruiser to put next to Curry, but they already have David Lee who's a great rebounder and solid defender and he should be getting 35-40 minutes a night, what they need is a guy who can come from the weakside to challenge shots, which is exactly what Lasme excells at. He'd give them some versatility out there with Lee, where they could kind of flip the 3/4 position on defense and offense. Lasme's a lot like Tyrus Thomas actually.

He might get drafted by us. I see us taking him, Almond, Cook, Davis, or Belinelli.

Guest Vitamin X
Portland really doesnt need to do shit other than move Randolph for a quality three. Even if they dont' move Randolph. You are looking at a top 7 of Oden/Durant, Jack, Roy, Rodriguez, Randolph, Aldridge, Webster, Miles, with decent veteran-ish players like Dickau and Pryzbilla. That is a playoff team next year, and likely a title contender provided the players continue to show development/Randoplh and Miles stay out of jail. If they draft Durant, they don't need to move anyone. If they take Oden, who I see as more of a Bill Russell-type starting the break with his defense, then they could bring Aldridge off the bench if need be, and start Webster at the three if he is ready. Either way, the future for the Blazers is very bright

I agree with you on all this, except I believe you forgot to mention that Miles is most likely out in Portland. And don't forget about Raef LaFrentz!

Portland will take Oden tomorrow, I'm hoping. It'll be exciting to see the team play over the coming seasons, for sure.

here's an interesting question that someone posed at realgm. What if you had the #1 pick (essentially Oden), and you were offered the #2 pick and the #3 pick in exchange for it? Essentially, you're trading Oden for Durant and anyone else you like in the draft? Conley and Durant? Brewer and Durant? Horford and Durant?

It pretty obviously depends on what team I am. If this is a situation for Portland...I'd say no, unless I can move the 3 and either LaFrentz or Miles (aka, their shitty contracts) to get a just below all-star level starter or better. I don't think that's likely with this draft, because no one seems that desperate to grab Horford, Brandan Wright, etc. Portland has enough young talent already--they'd be best off with the strongest player on the board barring a great deal.

Darius Miles has had Microfracture surgury and is rehabbing by eating alot of ice cream and sitting on his ass apparently. that dude is done.

I still think the team would be better served with Aldridge as the starter. They HAVE to move Zach if for no other reason, his salary is eating up so much room that they aren't going to be able to resign some of these guys that really are the future of the franchise. Oden Aldridge, a 3 from the Randolf trade, Roy and jack with Pryzbilla, mystery PF, a resigned travis Outlaw(who should be cheap), webster (who could really be a starter in my eyes) and Rodriguez off the bench. Thats a pretty deep team.

Anyone have any good knowledge of Rodney Stuckey? Pistons' fans are in love with this guy for whatever reason and there have been indicators that the Pistons might pick him at #15. I've seen a couple things on him; I'm just wary about a guy coming from a smaller school.

I still think a Richard Jefferson for Zach Randolph swap makes too much sense for either side to pass up.

WAY too much sense. The best trade for both teams. The Nets would be a contender with a solid guy on the block for Kid to get the ball to and Portland gets their small forward in the underrated Jefferson who can do alot when he isn't sharing superstar time with Vince and Kidd (he was amazing for that half a season when Kidd was gone and there was no Carter there...)