TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

2007 NBA Draft Thread

First huge trade of the offseason.

Ray Allen to Boston for Delonte West, Wally Szczerbiak and the #5.

If I'm Boston, I roll the dice with Allen and hope to make an impact in the playoffs next year. I don't see how the #5 pick would help them that much when Pierce starts getting pissy 2 weeks into the season.

I guess I'm in the minority. I'd say the entire SOSH message board is on suicide watch right now. You'd think they just traded the face of the franchise for Allan Houston or something.

SOSH is filled with idiots. It's either take a shot at a run in the next 2-3 years with Pierce or blow the whole fucking thing up and start again.

Anyone want to explain that trade from the Sonics position?

Trading away Allen doesn't make the Sonics more attractive for Rashard.

EDIT: And like I said a few days ago, the Celtics had no use for that #5 pick. What a steal for the Celtics.

SOSH is filled with idiots. It's either take a shot at a run in the next 2-3 years with Pierce or blow the whole fucking thing up and start again.

I kinda agree. The board has the most intelligent baseball conversation anywhere on the net, but the second the Celts come up they turn into blubbering idiots.

The trade will make the Celtics a little better. Allen is more of an impact player than the #5 pick and his contract isn't that much worse than Wally's. It's not a franchise changing move, but it's a baby step in the right direction.

Anyone want to explain that trade from the Sonics position?

Trading away Allen doesn't make the Sonics more attractive for Rashard.

I don't think there's any chance Rashard is coming back. They'll probably try to get some interest for a sign and trade.

Yeah, thats a pretty good move for Boston. Starting line up of Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Jefferson and Mystery man(I guess Perkins). Gives them one HELL of a starting 4 in the East. Plus with who the fuck do you double off of?

Well, I guess Rondo, but his shot is going to improve.

I don't think the Celtics are done this offseason either. They've still got Ratliff's contract and a few other movable pieces.

Alrighty, the Bucks now have Bogut, Vill, Yi for their front court with Redd and some one at point.

Alrighty, the Bucks now have Bogut, Vill, Yi for their front court with Redd and some one at point.

Mo Williams

Redd

Villy

Bogut

Yi

Damn.

I'm glad Mil picked ihm even though Yi's people didn't want it. It irritates me when draftees pull that stuff, trying to lock teams out. I mean, be glad you're in the NBA and play for the team that drafted you, and if you dont like the team, then ask for a trade later in your rookie contract.

So who's going to be the SF and the PF for the Sonics? Just a weird trade for Seattle.

Wilcox will probably be penciled in as the PF with the returning Robert Swift and other prospects being the C. Durant perhaps as SG (a long one) and Jeff Green at SF.

I love the trade for Boston. Ray Allen is a great player, they've got enough young talent, they need to try and win with Pierce right now. Pierce, Allen and Jefferson is an awesome trio for the next 3-4 years.

I don't really get Seattle taking Jeff Green with the pick when both him and Durant seem like natural 3's. Do they think Durant is going to become a 4? That Green can play 2? Good player but I would have gone in a different direction there. Delonte West is a damn good player in his own right and will be a fan fave in Seattle as he was in Boston.

Ridnour for #11 seems like a no brainer to me for Seattle. Not sure why ATL would do that. I do like Ridnour more than most, but Law might be a better player right now, and Crittenton surely has a much higher ceiling with a few years of NBA experience.

Corey brewer huh....

The guy is completely worthless on offense without the ball in his hands. He is a good defender though. But Randy Foye...Corey Brewer...whats the difference besides 3 inches.

Dunno how true it is but some clown on the ESPN boards says Robert Swift is coming to Boston in that deal as well.

Also being talked about on WEEI