TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

2007 NBA Draft Thread

The Warriors just got a TON better. They gave up J rich (great individual, not a franchise player who is getting paid like one 4 yr 48 mil) for Wright who is exactly what they needed in the playoffs last year. Fits their style perfectly as well. Baron, Wright, Jackson, Harrigton, Ellis. That's nasty..plus now they have a ton of cap room to sign thier FA's and possibly trade for KG.

The Warriors just got a TON better. They gave up J rich (great individual, not a franchise player who is getting paid like one 4 yr 48 mil) for Wright who is exactly what they needed in the playoffs last year. Fits their style perfectly as well. Baron, Wright, Jackson, Harrigton, Ellis. That's nasty..plus now they have a ton of cap room to sign thier FA's and possibly trade for KG.

They still don't have any cap room. They have almost $50 million committed for next year and that's before resigning Pietrus or signing Wright. Brandan Wright is a project and who knows if he even develops to give them what J-Rich does right now. I don't see what trade chips they have that would entice Minnesota to trade Garnett either.

Not saying this was a horrible deal or anything, but I think you went a little overboard in your assessment.

Here's a final rundown:

1. Portland - Greg Oden, C/7-0/250/19/Ohio St.

2. Seattle - Kevin Durant, SF/6-9/225/18/Texas

3. Atlanta - Al Horford, FC/6-10/245/21/Florida

4. Memphis - Mike Conley, PG/6-1/180/19/Ohio St.

5. *Boston - Jeff Green, SF/6-9/235/20/Georgetown

6. Milwaukee - Yi Jianlian, PF/6-11/238/19/China

7. Minnesota - Corey Brewer, SF/6-9/185/21/Florida

8. **Charlotte - Brandan Wright, PF/6-9/205/19/North Carolina

9. Chicago (from New York) - Joakim Noah, FC/6-11/232/22/Florida

10. Sacramento - Spencer Hawes, C/7-0/230/19/Washington

11. Atlanta (from Indiana) - Acie Law, PG/6-3/195/22/Texas A&M

12. Philadelphia - Thaddeus Young, SF/6-8/220/19/Georgia Tech

13. New Orleans - Julian Wright, SF/6-8/225/20/Kansas

14. LA Clippers - Al Thornton, SF/6-8/220/23/Florida St.

15. Detroit (from Orlando) - Rodney Stuckey, SG/6-5/205/21/E. Washington

16. Washington - Nick Young, GF/6-6/200/22/USC

17. New Jersey - Sean Williams, FC/6-10/235/20/Boston College

18. Golden State - Marco Belinelli, SG/6-5/192/21/Italy

19. LA Lakers - Javaris Crittenton, PG/6-5/198/19/Georgia Tech

20. ***Miami - Jason Smith, FC/7-0/240/21/Colorado St.

21. ***Philadelphia (from Denver) - Daequan Cook, SG/6-5/210/20/Ohio St.

22. Charlotte (from Toronto via Cleveland) - Jared Dudley, SF/6-7/225/21/Boston College

23. New York (from Chicago) - Wilson Chandler, SF/6-8/230/20/DePaul

24. #Phoenix (from Cleveland via Boston) - Rudy Fernandez, SG/6-5/185/22/Spain

25. Utah - Morris Almond, SG/6-6/215/22/Rice

26. Houston - Aaron Brooks, PG/6-0/160/22/Oregon

27. Detroit - Aaron Afflalo, SG/6-5/215/21/UCLA

28. San Antonio - Tiago Splitter, PF/6-11/232/22/Brazil

29. Phoenix - Alando Tucker, SF/6-6/205/23/Wisconsin

30. ##Philadelphia (from Dallas via Golden State and Denver) - Petteri Koponen, SG/6-4/195/19/Finland

31. Seattle (from Memphis) - Carl Landry, SF/6-7/245/23/Purdue

32. Boston - Gabe Pruitt, SG/6-4/170/21/USC

33. San Antonio (from Milwaukee) - Marcus Williams, SF/6-7/205/20/Arizona

34. Dallas (from Atlanta) - Nick Fazekas, PF/6-11/235/22/Nevada

35. *Seattle - Glen Davis, PF/6-9/289/21/LSU

36. **Golden State (from Minnesota) - Jermareo Davidson, PF/6-10/230/22/Alabama

37. Portland - Josh McRoberts, PF/6-10/240/20/Duke

38. Philadelphia (from New York via Chicago) - Kyrylo Fesenko, C/7-0/235/20/Ukraine

39. ###Miami (from Sacramento via Utah and Orlando) - Stanko Barac, C/7-1/240/20/Bosnia

40. LA Lakers (from Charlotte) - Sun Yue, SG/6-9/205/21/China

41. Minnesota (from Philadelphia) - Chris Richard, PF/Florida

42. ##Portland (from Indiana) - Derrick Byars, GF/6-7/220/23/Vanderbilt

43. New Orleans - Adam Haluska, SG/6-5/210/23/Iowa

44. &Orlando - Reyshawn Terry, SF/6-8/232/23/North Carolina

45. LA Clippers - Jared Jordan, PG/6-2/187/22/Marist

46. Golden State (from New Jersey) - Stephane Lasme, SF/6-8/215/24/UMass

47. Washington - Dominic McGuire, SF/6-8/210/21/Fresno St.

48. LA Lakers - Marc Gasol, C/7-1/280/22/Spain

49. Chicago (from Golden State via Phoenix, Boston and Denver) - Aaron Gray, C/7-0/270/22/Pittsburgh

50. Dallas (from Miami via LA Lakers) - Renaldas Seibutis, SG/6-5/180/21/Lithuania

51. Chicago (from Denver) - JamesOn Curry, SG/6-3/190/21/Oklahoma St.

52. Portland (from Toronto) - Taurean Green, PG/6-0/177/20/Florida

53. &&Portland (from Chicago) - Demetris Nichols, SF/6-8/216/22/Syracuse

54. Houston (from Cleveland) - Brad Newley, SG/6-6/195/22/Australia

55. Utah - Herbert Hill, FC/6-10/240/21/Providence

56. Milwaukee (from Houston) - Ramon Sessions, PG/6-3/190/21/Nevada

57. Detroit - Sammy Mejia, SG/6-6/195/24/DePaul

58. &&&San Antonio - Giorgos Printezis, SF/6-8/220/22/Greece

59. Phoenix - D.J. Strawberry, SG/6-5/201/22/Maryland

60. &Dallas - Milovan Rakovic, PF/6-10/22/Serbia

* - Boston trades Wally Szczerbiak, Delonte West, and the rights to Jeff Green to Seattle for Ray Allen and the rights to Glen Davis.

** - Charlotte trades the rights to Brandan Wright to Golden State for Jason Richardson and the rights to Jermareo Davidson.

*** - Miami trades the rights to Jason Smith to Philadelphia for the rights to Daequan Cook, a 2009 second-round pick and cash considerations.

# - Phoenix trades the rights to Rudy Fernandez to Portland for cash considerations.

## - Philadelphia trades the rights to Petteri Koponen to Portland for the rights to Derrick Byars and cash considerations.

### - Miami trades the rights to Stanko Barac to Indiana for a 2009 second-round pick.

& - Orlando trades the rights to Reyshawn Terry to Dallas for the rights to Milovan Rakovic and cash considerations.

&& - Portland trades Zach Randolph, Dan Dickau, Fred Jones, and the rights to Demetrius Nichols to New York for Steve Francis, Channing Frye, and a 2008 second-round pick.

&&& - San Antonio trades the rights to Giorgos Printezis to Toronto for a 2008 second-round pick.

Looks like Portland, Atlanta, Charlotte, Seattle and San Antonio all put together good nights. I also like what Chicago did in the second round with Curry and Gray to go with Noah. Those are guys that can come in and contribute now.

Not sure that I like what Sacramento, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Houston or LAL really did with their picks. They got players that can fit needs, but it seems like they all could have done more.

Guest Vitamin X

So, I know it'll be tough with the Jazz and Nuggets in the division, but towards the end of this last season, I remember telling one of my good friends that I thought the Blazers could surprise everyone and win their division next year. Essentially, I saw that they got Channing Frye for Zach Randolph, which is definitely a drop-off, but they've definitely got the best young team in the league. Whether it's Jack, Rodriguez, or even Francis (if he doesn't get cut) playing the point, it's still a heck of a lineup there.

Wonder when the hell they're going to cut Darius Miles already.

I still think the Blazers have a year or two to go. Perusing through their salaries, it looks like they will have $30+ million in cap room after the '09 season. If they can manage to keep that space and make a splash in free agency to go with their amazing nucleus, they could have a championship roster in just a few seasons.

Another thing about the Randolph trade. I said last night that I like what Isiah did and I'll stand by that, but why did they give up on Channing Frye already? As recently as last summer this kid was supposedly untouchable. They turned down deals left and right for him because he was supposed to be a building block for the future. What happened?

David Lee, Randolph Morris and Wilson Chandler happened. Plus, you give up a jumpshooting SF in a PF's body that can't defend in Frye for a 25-10 bruising PF that can't defend in Randolph everytime. Zack is what, two years older?

I don't think this is giving up on Channing Frye as much as it is bringing n Randolph and getting rid of Francis at the same time. AND adding Fred "25 points on night none the next" Jones and Dan "Pretty fucking good when I am not hurt" Dikau as well.

Guest George's Box

30839232.jpg

NO-UH!

I'm not wild about this pick, but in Pax we trust, I suppose.

Guest George's Box

If this Yi guy is going to be a Yao Ming sort of guy that is worth big bucks in terms of overseas marketing (and like Yao, not really THAT good), then get him the fuck out of Milwaukee. Jesus Christ. I anticipate a trade or a holdout. Guy won't play in Milwaukee.

The Suns trade James Jones to Portland for not a goddamned thing. "Future considerations" means not a goddamned thing.

Seroiusly, not only do they give them 2 draft picks for nothing in the last two years, now they give them the 8th guy in their 8 man rotation for nothing. Kevin Pritchard apparently had pictures of Steve Nash fucking a 14 year old or something, because he has the Suns hostage for some odd reason.

If this Yi guy is going to be a Yao Ming sort of guy that is worth big bucks in terms of overseas marketing (and like Yao, not really THAT good), then get him the fuck out of Milwaukee. Jesus Christ. I anticipate a trade or a holdout. Guy won't play in Milwaukee.

Umm why? Yi is not a primadonna to my knowledge. He will play for the team that takes him. It's not like Houston was the best choice for Yao Ming either as far as a media market goes, but he's fine there.

i hope milwaukee doesn't budge, and Yi is forced to act like a bitch in public to try and get out or he has to play.

I hate when people who haven't played a second of nba ball try to pull that bullshit. Be happy you're in the NBA, and if you want a trade, ask for it after playing a little bit for the team that drafted you. Or do it in private so the team can get decent value back.

at least earn some real NBA clout first, goddamn. the nba draft system is in place - if you let people who aren't drafted dictate that specifically, well half of your teams will never get anybody good then. Imagine if Oden insisted he didn't want to play Portland or Seattle, and only worked out for the Bulls. While chicago fans would love that, it'd be pure unadulterated bullshit, i dont care if you say "who would you rather play for? Chicago or Seattle?". The system's there, follow it or get the hell out.

Though knowing the pussy nature of most GMs, they'll probably end up trading him.

Okay, there is talk that the James Jones/24 pick is part of a package to either get CHanning Frye and they can't announce it yet because the trade isn't done, or they are getting a trade exception to help make the KG deal work, OR they are just clearing space to pick up Grant Hill.

Ok am I missing something? Is Yi actually complaining?

there's a report from "league sources" that Yi is going to try to force a trade.

To be fair, it's probably more "Yi's handlers", chinese interests type people, etc, rather than Yi himself.

from SI:

Yi's handlers did everything they could to keep him away from Milwaukee. The Bucks were not permitted to attend any of Yi's workouts and GM Larry Harris did not travel to China to see Yi play in person. According to league sources, Yi's representatives will ask the Bucks to trade Yi on Friday.

Guest George's Box
Umm why? Yi is not a primadonna to my knowledge. He will play for the team that takes him. It's not like Houston was the best choice for Yao Ming either as far as a media market goes, but he's fine there.

Houston has a pretty big Chinese population, I believe, and I think it's more about what Yi's handlers want than Yi himself. I want to imagine all these Chinese men with long beards making vague menacing threats to the Bucks.

Why is everyone trashing Ainge over the Ray Allen trade.

yeah, he had ankle surgery. Okay. He also averaged 26 fucking points a game last year. While I am sure some people like West, Wally and Jeff Green, there is a good chance that they won't avearage 26 points between the 3 of them next year.

Houston has a pretty big Chinese population, I believe, and I think it's more about what Yi's handlers want than Yi himself. I want to imagine all these Chinese men with long beards making vague menacing threats to the Bucks.

At least I am not the only one that was thinking that. And I imagine the "Jack Bowah" from 24 constantly stepping out of the shadows at Larry Harris's house.

Why is everyone trashing Ainge over the Ray Allen trade.

yeah, he had ankle surgery. Okay. He also averaged 26 fucking points a game last year. While I am sure some people like West, Wally and Jeff Green, there is a good chance that they won't avearage 26 points between the 3 of them next year.

I guess the feeling is they gave up the draft picks they needed for a guy who may not be himself after the ankle surgery. Personally, I didn't see a problem with it since they were acquiring a damn good guard. I know they need a big man and all but I don't understand the issue.

Feels like one of those acceptable risk type deals to me. If he comes back 100%, you have another amazing scorer. If it doesn't, well there is always next year.

If he doesn't you have the same thing you would have had in Wally.

Seriously, the last thing Boston needed was another draft pick. Everyone on the team is like 22 and younger and then there is Pierce. They got a vet for a unproven rookie. good deal.

They still don't have any cap room. They have almost $50 million committed for next year and that's before resigning Pietrus or signing Wright. Brandan Wright is a project and who knows if he even develops to give them what J-Rich does right now. I don't see what trade chips they have that would entice Minnesota to trade Garnett either.

Not saying this was a horrible deal or anything, but I think you went a little overboard in your assessment.

I think the Warriors also got a 10 million dollar trade exception.

i agree with the sentiment that Boston was already young enough. I think Ray Allen is a decent pickup. I think the real problem they have to worry about is Doc Rivers. A good veteren scorer will do that team good.

A good coach could probably do nice things with Allen + Pierce + Jefferson - inside, middle, and out. All you really need is some decent defenders at the other positions. Doc... not so sure.

And they have a great defender at the point. They still need that inside presence though. Maybe Theo Ratliff will finally be healthy.

:lol:

And they have a great defender at the point. They still need that inside presence though. Maybe Theo Ratliff will finally be healthy.

I'm surprised you could even type that. If you had tried to say it, you would have never got to Th before you broke out laughing.

Maybe Shawn Kemp and Glen Baker can both try to make another comeback?

Isn't there anyone on the free agent market who could handle it? All they really need is a guy who can smack the boards to give Allen and Pierce second chance shots. There has gotta be someone they can sign.

Ok am I missing something? Is Yi actually complaining?

It's already been touched on, but before the draft even occurred Yi's people presented a list of teams that he would play for. If he was not drafted by one of the approved teams, he would either force the team to trade his rights or he would stay in China. Needless to say, Milwaukee was not one of the approved teams.

I'm surprised you could even type that. If you had tried to say it, you would have never got to Th before you broke out laughing.

Maybe Shawn Kemp and Glen Baker can both try to make another comeback?

Isn't there anyone on the free agent market who could handle it? All they really need is a guy who can smack the boards to give Allen and Pierce second chance shots. There has gotta be someone they can sign.

Popeye Jones is around somewhere...

But honestly, they could probably make a play for Brenden Haywood for Ratliff, and the Wiz need the cap space to resign Arenas.

I know, Brendon isn't that great, but he will block a shot or two and get you some rebounds. Besides him, I would make a play for Sheldon Williams in Atlanta. When he got minutes last year, he was a double double guy, but Woodson didn't like him. Although he is only 6'9 and noone would really call him a Center.

I personally would sign Danny Fortson. Just because. Or, as always, Adonle Foyle.