TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

The Baconator

Guest Gym Class Fallout
I went to Taco Bell a few days ago and I had asked for a couple orders of Chicken Taquitos which wasn't on the board anymore but I figured I could still get one as you usually can with recent unadvertised items and the girl was dumbfounded. I repeated my request and was once again met with confusion. She finally asked "What is that?" and I told her but she was still confused, "I don't think we make that, sir". I asked how long she had been there and she said "about a year" (how sad, I thought) and she finally told me to hold on (at this point I'm feeling quite stupid for the entire process for a lousy taquito) and some guy gets on the speaker thing and informs me "Yeah, we don't really know how to make that". Finally, I threw my hands in the air and ordered some Chili Cheese Burritos.

That was the first time I ever seen a fast food place forget how to make a product they made just recently.

paul.jpg

This is the best burger in town. The Squeeze burger w/cheese. 1/2 pound of Burger and over a 1/2 pound of cheese, cooked on the grill until the outside ring of cheese gets crisp....it is the shit. You aren't a man until you have wolfed down a Double-squeeze w/cheese!! (Which is basically double the amount of the original)

405356479_f00948a712_m.jpg

This is the best burger in town. The Squeeze burger w/cheese. 1/2 of Burger and over a 1/2 pound of cheese, cooked on the grill until the outside ring of cheese gets crisp....it is the shit. You aren't a man until you have wolfed down a Double-squeeze w/cheese!!

That thing looks like some sort of mutant burger from Mars. I want one.

This is the best burger in town. The Squeeze burger w/cheese. 1/2 of Burger and over a 1/2 pound of cheese, cooked on the grill until the outside ring of cheese gets crisp....it is the shit. You aren't a man until you have wolfed down a Double-squeeze w/cheese!!

I have a feeling I'm being dragged for one of those next week or during the time I'm home.

I have a feeling I'm being dragged for one of those next week or during the time I'm home.

Speaking of which, will you still be in town on the 29th? I am getting UFC that night and as always you're invited....

The place they serve that burger at was featured on the very first episode of that TV show "Diners Drive-Ins & Dives" on the Food Network. So this little shack of a place went from having barely any wait time, to almost an hour and a half wait time on the weekends.

Of course, you can always call in your orders ahead of time.

Guest LME

Had this today. Okay, but nothing special like most fast food burgers. I'd rather have the Big Bacon Classic, actually. The veggies help create more of a contrasting and varied taste. Still, as far as best 'fast food' burger goes you can't go wrong with Five Guys Burgers and Fries (not technically fast food, but still). Insanely expensive and unhealthy but well worth it. Real meat, real potatoes and real condiments. Nothing more and nothing less. Made to order right in front of your face, and they give you peanuts while you wait. Also, no matter what size fry you get you're guaranteed to get way more fries in the bag. Seriously, they pack the crap out of the bag with extra fries. Good stuff.

Had this today. Okay, but nothing special like most fast food burgers. I'd rather have the Big Bacon Classic, actually. The veggies help create more of a contrasting and varied taste. Still, as far as best 'fast food' burger goes you can't go wrong with Five Guys Burgers and Fries (not technically fast food, but still). Insanely expensive and unhealthy but well worth it. Real meat, real potatoes and real condiments. Nothing more and nothing less. Made to order right in front of your face, and they give you peanuts while you wait. Also, no matter what size fry you get you're guaranteed to get way more fries in the bag. Seriously, they pack the crap out of the bag with extra fries. Good stuff.

Yesssssssssss.. We just got a 5 guys here not too long ago. I love that place, but it is really expensive. The double bacon is great.

I like how they just wrap the burgers in aluminum foil and stick it in a brown paper bag.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Are Catholics THAT large of a fast food demographic this time of year?

Are Catholics THAT large of a fast food demographic this time of year?

Hell yes. I remember when I worked at Arby's in the mall back home in CT and my manager would order extra fish fillets for this time of year. Damned if all them Catholics didn;t order them, too.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I worked at an Arby's during lent as well, but didn't notice much of a difference.

McDonald's has a double fish sandwich now, I think.

They had the double fish a while back around here, but it's gone now. Might be returning for the Catholics.

Hope it is, I never tried it before.

While it is technically fish, I'm sure I'm not doing myself any health favors with that fuckin' thing. Ah well, special occasions and all.

I have never seen a double-fish sandwich at McDonalds but I have seen a 2 Filet O Fish sandwiches for $4, and a 2 Filet O Fish Meal Deal.