TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

The Baconator

Smitty, parsnips are hardly yuppie food, unless they co-opted them from farmers.

Parsnips, rutabagas, turnips, beets..shit, all of those have their "roots" with poor folks.

Eggplant is weird. I guess I like it, but I've never been satisfied when cooking it myself.

I guess this segment from Chapelle's Show made me think parsnips were a yuppy food.

http://www.lemonzoo.com/funny_videos/15765...ng_Spouses.html

What you need is pan seared pea snaps. And tofu... I guess that's more hippie food. But with all the fucking vegans here, there's tofu everywhere. I even halfway like it now, purely out of convenience.

Also, fish tacos are good, but totally just sound like a euphemism for cunt.

There was a Mexican restaurant down in LA that made everything with shark meat or Mahi Mahi. That was good. I quite like shark.

Guest Vitamin X

Tofu is super easy to make, too. Since a lot of Ramen out there contain animal product (I even tried the shrimp thinking it would be fine for me, but even that has chicken fat AND chicken "powder" in it), the best one for me to get is Oriental. I've been able to get creative with it by cooking the noodles, then adding the oriental seasoning (essentially powdered soy sauce), while frying up tofu cubes then putting them in the soup, having them soak up the other stuff. When my girlfriend is being lazy and doesn't want ramen, and I'm out of my kind, I just use hers and do the same thing, only instead of using the seasoning, I use soy sauce. Can't be beat at 10-20 cents each.

Not to mention tofu is super economical too, since you can get like two 8oz blocks for $1 at TJ's. And fried tofu is still better for you than any kind of fried meat, so it's better than nothing. And it's pretty hard for it to go bad when cooking, so it's got that going for it too (one of the biggest advantages for me to go pesco-veg).

I like how this thread went from talking about the Baconator to tofu. Awesome.

Tofu takes on the taste of whatever you cook it with. So if it was repulsive, you probably just ate it with something bad. Unless you just don't like the squishy texture.

(oh dear god i'm pretty sure i'm now officially a yuppie/hippe, given those three sentences)

Guest Vitamin X

Speaking of horrible diarrhea, lentil soup- is it great or what?

Also- grilled/pan-fried tofu tastes just like grilled chicken.

I like how this thread went from talking about the Baconator to tofu. Awesome.

By way of hot dog gravy, no less.

Has anyone ever had Fish gravy. It's pretty repulsive.

I overheard some Wendy's staff talking about a Spicy Baconator that's on the way.

It's true.

spicybaconatorcloseni7.jpg

It's got 6 strips of bacon, ancho chipotle sauce, jalapeños, 2 pieces of pepper jack cheese.

That thing sounds insane. Anyone tried the Firecracker Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich from Burger King? I enjoy spicy food as much as the next guy, but I was only able to get through about half of one, before the heat began to overtake me. They put WAY too much of that pepper sauce on it.

Maybe the spicy baconator is why the jalapeno cheddar melt went away. I had a pizza with japapeno on it last night, it was superb. I'm thinking I might be wacky and put them on my next tuna sub to give it a kick (I decided I should just amalgamate three separate jalapeno thoughts that could have gone here, the pizza thread, and the Subway thread into just one thing here).

I always ask them to put jalepenos on my seafood sub at Subway.

Am I the only one who orders the seafood sub at Subway? Heck, I don't think it's available at most Subways. I only know one that still carries it. I don't know what's in it but I like it!

That thing sounds insane. Anyone tried the Firecracker Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich from Burger King? I enjoy spicy food as much as the next guy, but I was only able to get through about half of one, before the heat began to overtake me. They put WAY too much of that pepper sauce on it.

Ya, I had it. It was alright. Pretty damn spicy tho.

I just had one of these today -- the spicy variation. I miss the awesome Jalapeno Cheddar burgers they used to have, so I order a cup of cheese to pour on it. It was alright. The spicy sauce tasted like crap, though.

I'd just like to say that Jared (from the Subway commercials) is a lying piece of shit and eats at Wendy's all the time.

That is all.

Jared = 10 years of lying.

I've been toying with the idea of ordering a Frosty Float but with the chocolate variant and Strawberry Frutopia as the base beverage. I think it'll be good.

Go for it. It might be like chocolate covered strawberries.

I'd just like to say that Jared (from the Subway commercials) is a lying piece of shit and eats at Wendy's all the time.

That is all.

Jared = 10 years of lying.

His commercials make me hate him more. I had to struggle not to talk shit when I saw him at a game.

Guest Vitamin X
I've been toying with the idea of ordering a Frosty Float but with the chocolate variant and Strawberry Frutopia as the base beverage. I think it'll be good.

Holy shit! FRUITOPIA?! They still have that up there? What, do they have Surge too?

Fruitopia was like, my favorite drink back in middle school.

Strawberry Fruitopia has been making a minor comeback for the past couple years. I only see it in fast food fountains and it's the only kind of Fruitopia I see but by golly, it's still hanging in there.

I don't know, being a sensory Columbus, I'll try to eat just about anything. The stuff you just listed, Dave, actually sounds delicious. Rabbit and herb-seasoned fries? That would be great. Squid's delicious.

In fact, there's only one seafood I can think of that I've tried and disliked to the point of never wanting to eat it again, and that's Uni. Fuck a bunch of uni.

I'm the same way (in fact, about more than just food) but you're right on Uni. Uni is the devil.

Unagi though? Delicious!

-Annie