TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

The Baconator

So, I haven't really eaten red meat, pork, or poultry throughout all of lent.

Which will be up soon.

I've lost some weight, but that might be because of other gym-related activities.

It's a little harder to eat out, but it's not too bad.

Oh ya. Wendy's is going to introduce Wraps sometime soon.

Also, there are these things called twisted Frosty's that are out that are like Blizzards.

Fuck. The service at the place has gotten bad enough without the associates slowed even further by making f'n wraps.

Oh ya. Wendy's is going to introduce Wraps sometime soon.

Also, there are these things called twisted Frosty's that are out that are like Blizzards.

Fuck. The service at the place has gotten bad enough without the associates slowed even further by making f'n wraps.

The Wendy's folk around here aren't that bad, as far as I've seen. Maybe it's bias since I rarely eat at any other fast food place.

-Annie

I always ask them to put jalepenos on my seafood sub at Subway.

Am I the only one who orders the seafood sub at Subway? Heck, I don't think it's available at most Subways. I only know one that still carries it. I don't know what's in it but I like it!

I occasionally see someone order a Tuna Sub at Subway. It's been a quite a while since any of the Subways in my area had the Seafood sub with the artificial Crab Meat, and numerous other unnameable items.

Someone a few posts up had mentioned Pollock. The only time I've ever had Pollock, was when it was flavored as Artificial Crab Meat. Does is have a taste of it's own, or is flavoring it as something else, it's only real use?

I always ask them to put jalepenos on my seafood sub at Subway.

Am I the only one who orders the seafood sub at Subway? Heck, I don't think it's available at most Subways. I only know one that still carries it. I don't know what's in it but I like it!

I occasionally see someone order a Tuna Sub at Subway. It's been a quite a while since any of the Subways in my area had the Seafood sub with the artificial Crab Meat, and numerous other unnameable items.

Someone a few posts up had mentioned Pollock. The only time I've ever had Pollock, was when it was flavored as Artificial Crab Meat. Does is have a taste of it's own, or is flavoring it as something else, it's only real use?

IIRC, pollock is the fish they use for The Filet O Fish.

Guest Beastalentier

Appropriate, since the Filet-O-Fish probably makes you splatter shit in a quasi-artistic manner.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Pollock is a really mild whitefish. Kind of like tilapia, only not as good. It's fish for people who don't like fish.

Guest Vitamin X

I kind of thought salmon was that fish since it's more "meaty" and not as fishy. A good salmon steak tastes just as good if not better than a beef steak, although probably more expensive.

You know, I actually eat a pretty good amount of fish, and I don't really like it. I mean, I like the fish I eat, but I never eat real fish. I eat that stuff you guys were talking about. Or sushi. But something like even say, tuna, I can't stand.

Most any other seafood is great, though. Shrimp is like, my favorite food. I'll go to a shrimp restaurant and if it's really good I'll buy a t shirt. I own shirts that celebrate how much I love shrimp.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Salmon? I disagree completely. Any red-fleshed type of fish is "fishier" than the cod/pollock/sole/tilapia type of thing. That's the shit in fish sticks.

There's a large difference between fatty fish and white fish, of course.

And then there's canned tuna, which is practically cat food, although I do eat it often.

No I'm not Catholic, I just decided to do it on a whim. I've been fairly faithful to it except when I ordered the corn chowder and found bacon in it, and ordered the tuna salad sandwich and got chicken salad instead.

Better to break it once in a while than waste food...

Guest Vitamin X
Salmon? I disagree completely. Any red-fleshed type of fish is "fishier" than the cod/pollock/sole/tilapia type of thing. That's the shit in fish sticks.

This would have to be something we'd have to agree to disagree on, it seems. From my experience, things like salmon, ahi tuna/mahi mahi, etc. are "meaty" enough to be considered far enough from fish that people make "meat"-like food from them. Witness Salmon Burgers and Salmon Jerky!

Guacamole%20Salmon%20Burger.jpgjerky.jpg

I had salmon jerky for the first time this past weekend. Delicious.

Maybe the spicy baconator is why the jalapeno cheddar melt went away. I had a pizza with japapeno on it last night, it was superb. I'm thinking I might be wacky and put them on my next tuna sub to give it a kick (I decided I should just amalgamate three separate jalapeno thoughts that could have gone here, the pizza thread, and the Subway thread into just one thing here).

It's fucking great if the jalapeno cheddar melt went away. I love jalapeños and I love spice, but damn, that was nasty.

It's fucking great if the jalapeno cheddar melt went away. I love jalapeños and I love spice, but damn, that was annoying.

That jalapeno cheddar melt was bad. I can't remember the last time I liked one of Wendy's specialty burgers. They always manage to fuck it up somehow. Usually with an awful tasting cheese sauce.

And salmon jerky is also awful. Just terrible. I'd put salmon in my ten favorite foods if I were to make a list and I've loved jerky forever but they do not go together.

If you ever end up around here... Joe's NY Pizza with jalepenos and pepperoni. HEAVEN

-Annie

I used to get that at the local pizzaria/video rental hang out when I was in high school with olives and double cheese. 8 inch personal up to 4 toppings, 32 oz drink 3.99. I'm sure it's no Joe's, but I liked it. Also I think I was the only human being that ordered Jalapenos there since it was always like triple order of them on top...

I've never had a Mexican order a pizza and not get jalapenos and pineapples. Personally, I think they're awesome on pizza. Jalapenos and banana peppers added cold to a pizza after it's been cooked is pretty great, too.

I've never had a Mexican order a pizza and not get jalapenos and pineapples. Personally, I think they're awesome on pizza. Jalapenos and banana peppers added cold to a pizza after it's been cooked is pretty great, too.

I came around on both of those after years of just slathering it in hot sauce; It's much much better with the two peppers.