TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 6/14 Impact Thread

Preview:

tagspike.gif

This Thursday night, TNA Wrestling returns with “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV at 9pm just days before Sunday’s huge “Slammiversary” Pay-Per-View event! Here is the complete rundown of what will take place on the huge broadcast:

CHRISTIAN CAGE TO COMPETE IN HIS KING OF THE MOUNTAIN QUALIFIER

“The Instant Classic” Christian Cage finally gets what he wants this Thursday night as he will compete in his King Of The Mountain qualifying match! However, TNA management director Jim Cornette won’t reveal who Cage will be facing in the bout - but he did say it shouldn't be a problem for the former champion as it's someone who Cage has said in the past is "beneath him" . Can Cage score the win to advance to the Pay-Per-View event as he attempts to regain the World Heavyweight Title? Who has Cornette selected as his opponent in the huge bout? Tune in and find out this Thursday night!

HOW WILL JIM CORNETTE ADDRESS THE OUTCOME OF HARRIS VS. STORM FOR THE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN?

This past week, neither “Wildcat” Chris Harris or “Cowboy” James Storm were able to advance in their King Of The Mountain qualifier as both were counted out during their chaotic and bloody brawl. As a result, both Harris and Storm lost their opportunity and there are still two openings for the King Of The Mountain match. Now the question is – how will Jim Cornette address the situation this Thursday night?

TNA’S TOP TEAMS COLLIDE: TEAM 3D & VKM VS. THE STEINER BROTHERS & BASHAM/DAMAJA

Also this Thursday night, as a preview of “Slammiversary”, four of TNA’s top tag teams will collide in an eight-man bout as it will be TNA World Tag Team Champions Team 3D and The Voodoo Kin Mafia combining forces to battle The Steiner Brothers and Christy Hemme’s squad of Basham and Damaja!

PLUS, MORE NEWS AND UPDATES ON THE “SLAMMIVERSARY” EPIC EVENT!

In addition, tune into “iMPACT!” this Thursday night for all the last-minute updates and news concerning Sunday’s “Slammiversary” Pay-Per-View event! Then, check out TNAwrestling.com after the broadcast for the final and complete lineup for Sunday’s five-year spectacular!

Discuss...

Pretty good show tonight. Abyss looked good in his return. I like how they are building him up as the monster again. And they seem to finally have a direction with Abyss as a face this time, but then again it can always change next week, but I hope they stay with it. Good build up to the PPV.

Why is their best current wrestler working with a football player......that makes no sense to me.

Nash and Lethal are awesome.

TNA has some very curious storytelling I must say. I still don't understand what the hell is going on in this Sting/Daniels angle, though I don't think Sting does either. The Wycheck/Storm angle was fairly interesting but then I don't recall them explicitly mentioning that this was a match on PPV. Abyss' return was a bit bizarre since he just sorta showed up with little hype for his return, yet Christian's match was mentioned enough to where it wasn't a shock surprise.

I also have to admit I'm puzzled as to who the last man is for KOTM. Why not just do a Storm/Harris rematch to determine the final man where there must be a winner? And further, they didn't explicitly mention that Cornette would clarify this at the PPV.

TNA needs to better get over what they need to get over for a PPV. Maybe it's a lack of TV time compared to WWE, but regardless of how bleh a WWE PPV may look on paper at least they go over what is on it several times.

i think TNA has been doing great shows since after Lockdown, but Slammy looks very lackluster the only matches that peak my interest is the KOTM and Sabin/Lethal, although i am interested how they will address the tag title match with Scott Stiener out injured, my money is on Buff Bagwell or Road Warrior Animal hopefully the PPV will be better then it looks

The Wycheck/Storm angle was fairly interesting but then I don't recall them explicitly mentioning that this was a match on PPV.

I think they did mention it was a PPV match. I'm fairly sure Don West said that.

I also have to admit I'm puzzled as to who the last man is for KOTM. Why not just do a Storm/Harris rematch to determine the final man where there must be a winner? And further, they didn't explicitly mention that Cornette would clarify this at the PPV.

They also said that Cornette would adress that at Slammiversary. Saying that "there is no glass ceiling and that it might be someone from outside the TNA roster"

But i've been enjoying Impact as of late, esspecially these past 5 weeks. There could be less run-in's, but no ones perfect I guess.

I get the feeling with regards to the Lethal/Dutt storyline is to see Jay win the title, have Dutt loose loads of matches and his gimmick not getting over causing his jealousy for Lethal leading to a heel turn.

Finally got the chance to watch TNA for this week. I was impressed. Not that it takes much to impress me as it regards TNA's TV show anymore, but it was actually pretty good. The show structure and the wrestling was solid. Cornette plays an excellent GM for TNA, and his actions make a lot of sense most of the time. Dutt's promos are actually fairly decent now. I still want to see him as the heel version of his guru gimmick though. Talk about peace, love and harmony, then hit somebody in the face with a spinning heel kick and go after people with chairs.

I'm annoyed that LAX seems to be completely out of the title picture now. This feud with Hector Guerrero would be an interesting aside to them challenging for the title, but they lost the title in what for them was talked up as TNA throwing 3D at them until 3D finally won. They went from a megapush as a tag team that beat all comers to a couple of guys that are chasing a member of the Spanish announce team (at least I thought that's what Hector was) and getting beaten up by two random guys from the midcard roster (Rhyno and Harris). Those guys are way too entertaining to watch not be on TV.

And where the heck were Sabin and Shelley? No X-division match at all? That's a serious example of TNA ignoring their greatest asset as a wrestling promotion, and their best repository of raw talent. I know they only have so much time, but that means that you lead with your best stuff and fit in the extraneous junk (i.e., VKM, Basham/Damaja, 3D) as an afterthought at best.

Also, I'm liking the Sting/Daniels storyline. I see it as some sort of Star Wars deal, especially with Daniels almost quoting Vader from Episode 3 with that "You're either with me or against me." Sting's obviously in the Obi Wan role, with Daniels playing dark mirror. There's also a lot of ambiguity in Sting's character (the uberbabyface goody-good that carries around a baseball bat) that Daniels should be capitalizing on, calling him a hypocrite for pretending to be the pristine good guy for the fans while always having the bat around. I don't think TNA will ever go for that semi-cerebral of a storyline, but I'd love to see it.

And I marked out BIG TIME for Daniels' use of the ol' "Roll of the Dice." I LOVE that move. That should be his new finisher, as it sort of mocks Sting's "Scorpion Death Drop" with its initial setup.

I guess with Wycheck and Storm I did know that they were doing that as a PPV match but the show the other night didn't quite convey it in a way to make it important. It came off like "Oh, Storm got on this football player's case so I guess they fight at the PPV." Maybe it was vaguely mentioned but it didn't come off like a big deal.

I'm hoping the last man in KOTM will be a surprise but there's a nagging feeling that the last guy will be Jarrett and he'll have an "inspirational" title win.

I guess with Wycheck and Storm I did know that they were doing that as a PPV match but the show the other night didn't quite convey it in a way to make it important. It came off like "Oh, Storm got on this football player's case so I guess they fight at the PPV." Maybe it was vaguely mentioned but it didn't come off like a big deal.

I'm hoping the last man in KOTM will be a surprise but there's a nagging feeling that the last guy will be Jarrett and he'll have an "inspirational" title win.

Yeah, that angle with Storm and Wycheck is another bungle waiting to happen. Storm is being actively wasted in stupid go-nowhere feuds. Same story for Harris. TNA really doesn't know what to do with them now. Sad, as both of them are excellent performers.

Jarret really needs to stay the heck away from the title. For both his sake and for TNA. For the title picture they need to give the belt to either Joe or Styles. But I also have the same feeling you do about Jarrett stepping in for the "against all odds"/"overcoming personal tragedy" title win, which is both hackneyed booking and a cheapening of the actual tragic family loss Jarrett has suffered.

And I marked out BIG TIME for Daniels' use of the ol' "Roll of the Dice." I LOVE that move. That should be his new finisher, as it sort of mocks Sting's "Scorpion Death Drop" with its initial setup.

Daniels calls that move the Last Rites, and it has been one of his three finishers for a while now.

Did anyone see on Impact that they advertised a match at the PPV with Senshi in it? I think it was one of the tag matches, but there is nothing about it on TNA's website.

Speaking of TNA's site, although nothing was mentioned on Impact, the Wycheck/Storm match has been changed to Jerry Lynn/Frank Wycheck vs. Ron Killings/James Storm. It makes no sense at all to have either Lynn or Killings in the match, but it'll at least be better than a 1 on 1 contest.

EDIT: Senshi is Rhino's new partner according to the Slammiversary preview topic.

Guest mpcuniverse

Does anyone else find it ironic that we are going to see Titan, well a Titan on TNA programming. Impact was decent this week and had some good action. The tag title match was going to be the reason that I bought the ppv so I'm going to have to wait. With Lethal and Nash anything is possible. From last week "Snake Roberts ruined my wedding" and then this week "Should help me with my dragon"

Is it me or does the mystery guy reek of Jarrett. I still see Christian winning it. AJ is Phenomenally funny.

Speaking of TNA's site, although nothing was mentioned on Impact, the Wycheck/Storm match has been changed to Jerry Lynn/Frank Wycheck vs. Ron Killings/James Storm. It makes no sense at all to have either Lynn or Killings in the match, but it'll at least be better than a 1 on 1 contest.

EDIT: Senshi is Rhino's new partner according to the Slammiversary preview topic.

Neither of those make any sense.

Damn, I'm outta touch then. I've been watching TNA for a while, which was my first real exposure to Daniels. I had never seen him use that move before; mostly I'd seen him use the Angel's Wings and the BME. He needs to use it a helluvalot more then. It's way cooler than the Angel's Wings. At least to me, anyway.

Daniels calls that move the Last Rites, and it has been one of his three finishers for a while now.

Did anyone see on Impact that they advertised a match at the PPV with Senshi in it? I think it was one of the tag matches, but there is nothing about it on TNA's website.