TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Sensational Sherri passes away

Sensational Sherri passes away

Sherri Russell aka Sensational Sherri Martel passed away, believed to be this morning at home. She was 49.

No other details are available at the moment. Police are currently at her residence with her husband.

In 1991, while managing Randy Savage, Sherri was the only woman ever to win the Manager of the Year award.

Was anything wrong with her that we know about? She seemd like her normal self, the insanity and everything, at the HoF show last year. This is obviously horrible news, as always. It's weird that both Sherri and Elizabeth are now dead, both at a young age.

This is going to be weird for WWE now with the Vince angle going on.

She was a major figure in wrestling for many years, so you know they'll have to mention her on WWE TV in some way. Even when she left WWE she remained a major figure in WCW as well.

This thread was started earlier but the other thread has the momentum of the Vince angle. I would suggest that instead of closing a thread, use this thread to discuss Sherri's life and career. If you wish to discuss it's impact on WWE and the Vince angle, use the other thread.

Man...I can't believe she's gone, terrible terrible sad news.

RIP Sherri and thank you for everything you did for the wrestling buissness.

I am also shocked at her passing away. I was not aware that there was anything wrong with her and she looked fine at the Hall of Fame ceremony last year. It's sad to see one of the best female managers in the history of wrestling gone. RIP Sherri.

God damn it! The good die young and its a damn shame. RIP Sherri, we'll always have fond memories of you. :(

Wow, Sherri was always one of my very favourites. Such a shame for another member of the wrestling community pass away at a young age.

RIP Sherri :( God Bless.

as i said in the one i posted in the WWE section, its a real shame RIP Sherri. honestly i thought she was a little bit older

Dave Meltzer stated on his Wrestling Observer Live radio show Sunday night that Sherri Martel did not die of natural causes, and the case is still under investigation by law enforcement. Meltzer said the police were in abundance at Martel’s mother’s residence in Alabama where the WWE hall of famer was found dead Friday morning.

this is very sad news, not to sound morbid but hopefully its not suicide

Yeah, it's a shame she's gone. Saw her recently doing one of those plugs on WWE 24/7, and she looked like she was healthy and in good shape.

I still remember going to the Cow Palace and the Ulitmate Warrior stripping her down to her panties before slamming her onto Randy.

And WMVII is the only PPV I've ever attended so she has a special place in my memories. RIP Sherry.

A great talent she was as she seemed so natural in her heel role. Thanks to her guys like Savage and HBK got to have the careers they did. Considering how important those two guys alone were in the scheme of things it isn't much of a surprise that she got overlooked in getting the credit. I mean those guys were BLESSED as heels to have her backing them up.

Harlem Heat - Not sure how much of a rub she could give them being in WCW. But they were a team for a long time and it wasn't their fault WCW sucked pretty bad at that point. The woman could help get a guy over but she can't move mountains.

That being said I was really pleased for her to finally get her due at the Hall of Fame. She deserved that, a big fat check, and a hug from everybody she was there for.

You were awesome Sherri.

Yeah, it's a shame she's gone. Saw her recently doing one of those plugs on WWE 24/7, and she looked like she was healthy and in good shape.

yea I saw that on sunday, a day before I heard the news (I hadnt been onlin ein a week so didnt know of her death until the mention on raw)

this sucks, Im getting tired of seeing all my childhood heros die way too soon. not to mention that she was the best woman manager EVER and could wrestle better than most men and cut a better promo than almost anyone. she was really easy to hate and got her charges over bigtime, look at what she die for Shawn, sure he had some heat off the rockers split but by pairing her with him, he was able to share her heat. and when she turned face cuz of shawn ignoring her, the crowd bought it ( I know I did) and it made him a even bigger heel.

I just saw her on 24/7 yesterday while watching monday night wars and it was hard to look at her.

too bad shes gone cuz she could have been a huge help for the current divas as a female agent.

RIP Sensational one, you will be missed

its a shame that she passed on so young, is there anymore word on what caused her death, i think in August for WWE 24/7 they should put up her Hall Of Fame profile and some of her matches granted they did that a few months ago