TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Flight of the Conchords

Anybody watch this last night? It had its moments but i felt it's the weakest episode so far. Highlight of the show was definitely Murray but that's usually the case anyway. I didnt really like the scene in Daves apartment. I just didn't find him lying about living with his parents funny. Not sure why though.

Anybody watch this last night? It had its moments but i felt it's the weakest episode so far. Highlight of the show was definitely Murray but that's usually the case anyway. I didnt really like the scene in Daves apartment. I just didn't find him lying about living with his parents funny. Not sure why though.

I didn't like it the first time I saw it, but the second time I saw it I thought it was rather funny. Try to give it a second watch, the humour in the scene might surprise you.

Favorite part of the episode is when Bret is in the bathroom tripping, Jermaine walks in and Bret goes "Get out of here, I've got acid reflux"

I didn't catch that the first time, and it had me LOLing last night.

I didn't like it the first time I saw it, but the second time I saw it I thought it was rather funny. Try to give it a second watch, the humour in the scene might surprise you.

Favorite part of the episode is when Bret is in the bathroom tripping, Jermaine walks in and Bret goes "Get out of here, I've got acid reflux"

I didn't catch that the first time, and it had me LOLing last night.

yeah, you are absolutely right. i watched it again the day after and found it a lot better than the first time.

also, the show is officially getting a second season. nice

My newest roomate introduced me to this, and I'm thoroughly entertained. I watch an episode each night with On Demand, and I'm rolling. The Hiphopopotamus line where he says "My rhymes are bottomless" followed by a long pause with Brett in the background waving his arms in the air seriously makes me laugh out of the blue in front of people when I think about it. An undiscovered gem for a lot of people I'd assume. Highest recommendation.

I can't get enough Murray. Guy is absolutely hilarious.

The Lord of the Rings video was amazing as well.

Mel had me dying with her 'elvish' talk.

Yeah, "The Actor" was a great episode. Forte was pretty much perfect for that and the LOTR video was spot on. "Just a couple of jesters having a jest in the court of the king, are you?"

"New Fans" not so much.

"Please, guys, not in front of the map" may have been one of my favorite jokes of the entire year.

Played like a series finale, but they are coming back for a 2nd season.

I'm guessing not even they thought they'd get renewed.

But f'n yes at rich Murray. Loved that scene.

Jermaine's slap is possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Bret dancing was amazing as well.

Over all, the best episode of the season IMO.

Just started showing this in the UK last week. A friend of mine had been ranting about how great it is for a while now, so glad I made the effort to watch it. She'd played me some of the songs individually and they just work so much better in the context of the show. Only up to episode 2 at the moment and it sounds like it only gets better.

Or even that Murray got to be rich and famous for a little longer.

"It's just a polish cover song, guys. But it came out 13 years earlier... is that bad?"

Or even that Murray got to be rich and famous for a little longer.

That's what I meant. Though, honestly, I was surprised they continued that storyline at all. I was thinking they'd just pretend the last episode of the previous season didn't happen.

I would like to see them do a several-episode arc, which they could've done with Murray and the band separated. There might be one in store, who knows. I'd just rather it not be another season of episodes where a girl threatens to break up the band.

Last night's episode was fantastic... two good songs and a lot of good jokes. One of my favorites in the series, actually.

So last week was probably my least favorite episode in the entire series.

But this week was back to form. Two decent songs...but Murray stole the whole episode (like usual)

- His face when they were watching the TV during the "becoming friends" montage

- "Let's take a look at the friend agenda, the afrienda."

- "A taste of your own dick medicine."

- The color of his hair is electric copper.

Just great.

Easily the best episode of the season so far. The first song had me in tears. I hardly ever laugh out loud by myself, but this one got me.

I think this season overall I'm liking the episodes more, but the songs less. That's to be expected though I guess as they had pretty much forever to work to do the songs for season one.

The last few episodes have been the best stuff they've done in my eyes. Everything this season, bar the first episode, has been top notch. I hope the rest season keeps up the consistent goodness of the last four episodes.

I don't know - they've had some really great songs this year.

The sugar lumps one, the too many dicks on the dancefloor one was pretty good, and so was the other one last week about all of the ex-girlfriends.

The ones with Murray and Mel singing haven't been the best, though. I can agree to that.

I'd also like to just forget the episode with the Tough Brets. Both the songs and the episode were really bad.

Maybe I just need to give the songs a repeat listen. I love some of the first seasons songs, probably just need to give this seasons some time to grow on me.

I liked the Tough Brets Episode, if only for them having them do a West Side Story with the clicking and dancing gang thing.

Looks like I'm talking to myself again this year but the series of pictures of Murray experimenting with his look in the early 90s is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

The Art Garfunkle episode was pretty awesome as well - Mel was out of control. Same with Murray and the Prime Minister.

This season is actually probably better than the first season.

Oh this season is definitely better. The Prime Minister episode was fantastic.

Also, Doug dressed as Brett was awesome.