TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
USC Wuz Robbed!

Bring Damaramu Back

How about it? I think we at TSM have overreacted on Damaramu. He's no more harmful than Marvinisalunatic or any one of those uber homers in the baseball threads. I'm sure Damaramu would be on his best behavior this time around, and it's not like TSM has never accepted PBPs before.

He told me to tell you guys in charge that he's willing to accept the "One slip up and you're gone, again" stipulation in a return.

Guest George's Box

Porter...

I agree!

normal_Balloon%20Drop3.jpg

Damaramu isn't much worse than most of us, and since I don't like college football, I've never really been in the angry mob calling for his head. Much like Sledge, I inexplicably like the guy against all expectations, so I say bring him back.

No. Fuck no.

That said, keep him out of football threads and I wouldn't be too mad about it.

I'm torn on the matter

I liked Dama as a person, but the Damasault shit in the football threads was unbearable

I think we've heard that before...

Anyways I don't see why he'd want to comeback in the first place. If he does he has to be kept out of the college football threads. Even when he wasn't talking about Oklahoma he'd derail it with other crap.

No way, unless we follow the Bored Ultimatum and keep him out of all college football threads. Dama is the only internet presence that's ever inspired me to PM a mod and beg for a mercy killing.

Well he did say he'd accept a re-banning if he stepped over the line even just once more.

How do you "accept a re-banning?" Either you're banned or not. How many people have a say on if they're banned from this forum?

Guest Smues

I think it's a bad idea. Plus there's always going to be someone baiting him. So then not only do we have to babysit Dama we have to babysit whoever is trying to incite him.

Well clearly if someone is trying to incite something in folders not named My/The Chocolate Socket, wouldn't they be in the wrong anyways? Damaramu said he would ignore anyone trying to stir shit with him. I don't see how TSM gives dozens of chances to people like Leena and Anglesault and others who refuse to change, but not Damaramu. Are you REALLY going to stand there and tell me he was worse than those posters?

Guest Smues

He did get dozen's of chances, IRCC, and it seems to me that it was never his fault and someone always baited him, until finally the mods got fed up because he'd had so many chances.

And no he's not worse than Anglesault and Leena, but that's why they're banned too.

Ok one last comment, at the request of Damaramu:

Edwin- Dama is willing to stay out of the CFB threads for as long as it takes for people to trust him in there again, even if it's never again.

CWM- Dama says that the DVDVR deal is a result of worse posters than TSM baiting him.

See, it's always people baiting Dama. It's never Dama himself.

I was skeptical of Dama's banning in the first place, but the guy is terrible and TSM's better off without him

Guest Smues
and it seems to me that it was never his fault and someone always baited him

CWM- Dama says that the DVDVR deal is a result of worse posters than TSM baiting him.

Dama was a special case. Baiting him was unavoidable, because "baiting him" meant engaging in any sort of discussion that mentioned the Big 12, or USC, or LSU, or anyone Oklahoma had played or was compared to or got a transfer from or was ranked below in the polls, or the Heisman, or anything that could tangentially be connected to Oklahoma or whatever he just saw someone on ESPN say 30 minutes earlier. Losing battle.

We should bring him back because the dude is hilarious as is watching everyone try to get on him. Though I was sorely disappointed when CronoT failed to live up to expectations during his return.

No way, unless we follow the Bored Ultimatum and keep him out of all college football threads. Dama is the only internet presence that's ever inspired me to PM a mod and beg for a mercy killing.

Apparently, I'm not doing my job.

Guest Vitamin X

I think Dama was an okay guy, but that people on here took his discussion on things far too seriously. It really is the SC guys on here that had to change a lot more than he did; granted he caused a lot of problems and especially detracted from discussion in the NBA threads in particular- I recall his posts were more anti-Laker than anything pro-Celtic, and that was the only reason he liked Boston to begin with- but as I said, he's good people, and if guys like Jericholic82 can stick around, and like mentioned earlier, Leena who was infinitely worse, than he should be given another chance for the hell of it. He's still fun. I mean, come on, who hasn't had fun at his expense? I've never been frustrated with him outside of his retarded, unfounded anti-Californianism.

I even went into the OU library and spit tobacco in his honor. And no one said shit. What would the world do without Damaramu?

Well just remember I was one of the people who hated Damaramu back then. I was even the one who said something about being glad a girl aborted his baby or something, and as mentioned above, there were USC fans that would get into arguments with Damaramu, well I was one of the main detractors of Dama since I AM an USC fan. The reason why I think it's time to bring him back (though I'm not going to push it anymore) is because I'd think that a year from TSM or so should chill people out from both sides. It's just the internet, people. There are going to be people in all walks of life that you just cannot get along with. The difference is there's someone here willing to make changes to their board personality, that being Dama. To turn him down while opening the back door for Alina to come back dozens of times (and even though she was banned like Smues brought up, I'm willing to bet that we haven't seen the last of Leena yet) or letting Choken come back a few times (though he's been a lot better this time around, though) or letting some illuminating posters like "I *heart* mixers where I look like the oldest dude there" or "I'm going to post an obscene amount of pictures of myself" or so on. The point is, TSM isn't a perfect place. It shouldn't be. It should be a place where different personalities come together to discuss common topics and create some sort of friendships with some others on the board. My point is, unless you're a blatant troll or flamer or whatever, you should be allowed chances to redeem yourself. If Prince Paul did, if Leena did, if Choken did, why not Dama? Of course in some cases you have a guy returning and still being the same old stupid shitty idiot that got banned to begin with, so you simply go "Ok, this guy hasn't learned squat. He's gone again, for good." Dama said himself he is willing to accept the stipulation (and to whoever pondered how one could 'accept' when he has no choice in the matter, well I mean he is an ADVOCATE of the idea, is all), then why the hell not?